Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966 ... LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    i just do survival missions when you beat them you get 20k even if you only get to wave 8 or 9 you get like 18k. im lvl 22 now and have about 280k.
    How do you do survival missions?

I finally started GTA Online and have put in a few hours

So far I'm not quite sure what to think of it..... I've robbed a few liquor stores, done a few battle missions and races which have been fun I guess.... but I'm not really sure what to do???
    I feel the same way. I would do a few missions then go back to 2k14

You have to be a rank 15 to unlock survival mode.

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I finally started GTA Online and have put in a few hours

So far I'm not quite sure what to think of it..... I've robbed a few liquor stores, done a few battle missions and races which have been fun I guess.... but I'm not really sure what to do???
    Missions. Pull up phone and use your contacts. The more you level up the better missions you get for more money/XP

R* is on some money hungry bullshit. Yesterday they patched the survival modes and made it more difficult to finish them. I bet they felt the sales of their cash packs were threatened by people getting $20k every time they finished a survival.

R* is seriously becoming like EA. It's becoming "more profits > happy fanbase" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    R* is on some money hungry bullshit. Yesterday they patched the survival modes and made it more difficult to finish them. I bet they felt the sales of their cash packs were threatened by people getting $20k every time they finished a survival.

R* is seriously becoming like EA. It's becoming "more profits > happy fanbase" at this point.
    lol calm down a little bit. R* invested an unprecedented amount of money in order to make one of the best games ever and to give us all an immersive online experience. I don't see why the patch is a reason to be upset. Why wouldn't they patch things up to stop people from spamming survivor mode?

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar

yeah i've noticed if you go up on the roof in the boneyard level it kicks you out. but another easy spot is behind a shipping container you have a person at each end and it's super easy i beat the level 4 times in a row with just one other person.

That must've been a quick patch because I didnt download anything the past 2-3 days. But I notice there was a glitch at a store in a surivival mission where you could be on the "roof" but the enemy couldnt see you but you could see them. I tried it yesterday and it kicked us all out saying we appeared off the map. So maybe that was it.

I havent been to the boneyard to try the roof thing again. Thats dumb because the roof only guarantees you to rd 7-8. After that its a death trap.

Styles P what one is that? I want to try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJl0XuDKSjc

Lamar does a commercial for everest college

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    That must've been a quick patch because I didnt download anything the past 2-3 days. But I notice there was a glitch at a store in a surivival mission where you could be on the "roof" but the enemy couldnt see you but you could see them. I tried it yesterday and it kicked us all out saying we appeared off the map. So maybe that was it.

I havent been to the boneyard to try the roof thing again. Thats dumb because the roof only guarantees you to rd 7-8. After that its a death trap.

The patch was on their servers only. No update was required.

And yeah, I saw that roof glitch. I never tried it, but I figured whenever I'd play the survival solo, I'd do it then, but now I can't. Oh, well.

Easy way to level up is racing Criminal Records. Do 3 laps. You and a buddy. Take turns overtaking one another (you'll gain XP) as well as winning races. I just went up from 30 to 40 in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

you know where you start out on the bone yard? it's a little in front of you to the right and theres a barrier wall right behind it so its a really skinny space one person at each end and you're ready to rock.

its more like a trailer you would see at a construction site.

National High School Star

GTA V s not really that great of a game IMO.
    Its good, but not great.
    I remember playing Sand Andreas for weeks and weeks,
    I've played GTA V for a couple weeks and haven't touched it again.
    And that includes online.

Angry Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

After anticipating the game for so long, I have traded GTA V towards Call of Duty Ghost. I finished the story mode, and the online just refuses to work for me. Can not even get passed opening race as recent as two days ago. Even if/when it gets fixed for everyone, why risk making a character that may be deleted someday at any time in a game that requires so much time to acquire skill, money, rank, etc? Such a disappointment for such a great franchise. Maybe they should have just waited and made this a next gen title, or just a single player experience.

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

Am I one of the only people who's never had any online problems?

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Overrated game, nothing more I can say really.
    The story mode was AWESOME but far too short. For such a promising game with 3 protogonists, how on earth did Rockstar decide to make this game shorter than ALL previous instalments. It's no where near as memorable as San Andreas or even Vice City. Heck, the dialogue in GTA IV was better, IMO. The thing that really irks me is that I REALLY loved the story but was left with a sour taste in my mouth. No particular mission was even remotely difficult for me. For 5 years to develop a game, you'd think they'd have about 200 missions in total amongst the 3 playable characters. They really missed an opportunity here, and it's really disheartening. I waited for this game for 3 years +, and was anticipating that it'd be the best game I've ever played but it wasn't. Heck in June I played a game that was EASILY more memorable. I'm not talking about the overall package here, just the story mode. GTA V online is very ambitious and once (if) they get all the patches completed, I'm sure it'll be revolutionary.

I'll be pissed if GTA V beats out TLoU for game of the year, because it simply is NOT a better game. Yes, I'm a huge Naughty Dog fan but I'm just as big of a R* fan. RDR, SA, Max Payne 3, GTA V, GTA IV & Vice City would probably all make my top 25 list of all time. So I'm not being biased here. I just think this game was a let down and TLoU was not. I haven't even played GTA V in almost 3 weeks now; yet I've beaten TLoU over 8 times now and am currently playing it (alongside 2K14 & madden 25).

For that person that laughed at me giving GTA V a 95 yet calling it a disappointment; I don't realy understand your point here. Compared to my expectations, it was a let down. I had high hopes for this game and felt like it would be a perfect game, and it wasn't. I don't really have any problems with the story mode besides it being way too short and very easy. All the previous GTA games had those 3/4 missions that made your pull your hair, here? Not a single mission was overly difficult. Heck, jumping on that train with Trevor (I believe) on his bike was probably the only mission where I failed more than 4 times.

Honestly, I don't even think I'll ever even play the story mode again...perhaps I will just to utilize the stock market and make billions in profits. Other than that, I don't really know anything other elements that are intriguing to me. San Andreas and RDR I've beaten over 5 times each; so yeah I'd say both of them are better games, or at least more memorable.

Sigh.
    My wife pre-ordered PS4 for me as an early Xmas present. I'm glad Watch Dogs isn't coming out till Spring, which made my choice much easier...I'm getting FIFA 14, Ghosts and Battlefield 4. I think I'll postpone the Batman game, and I'll get Madden & NBA next year since I already purchased them for PS3.