Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice Where do you stand?

[QUOTE=shortlunatic]If you look at that and still believe it is not alive, then that

Right in the middle. Neither is "wrong" for me. I'm the guy politicians target for votes. As of this moment right now, I'm swaying towards pro-life. I may very well come back tomorrow and say pro-choice.

Note: I've already edited my post 3 times, and it hasn't even been 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Junny; 05-17-2010 at 06:48 AM.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    a baby doesn't even have sensory connections in its brain until 30 weeks.. at 12 weeks it has as much ability to dodge medical instruments as a person who has been dead for 12 weeks.
    Did you watch the documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by RoTM
    If we legalize abortion were just choosing to admit were animals imo. The state setting a minimum age limit exception for murder is beyond stupid.
    abortion is already legal.

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    Did you watch the documentary?
    yes, it is stupid and misleading. i maintain that the fetus does not have the ability to move around beyond autonomic movements. it is not a human like you or i or even a new born.

it's just propaganda dude.

yes, it is stupid and misleading. i maintain that the fetus does not have the ability to move around beyond autonomic movements. it is not a human like you or i or even a new born.

it's just propaganda dude.
    Ok well don't you have anything else to back that statement up? Calling it stupid and misleading doesn't really count, or that could be said about anything people disagreed with. Are you just denying the video? Or do you believe the video itself is fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Pro-choice but I can understand why people are Pro-life. Nothing wrong with not wanting fetuses/babies die.

dis

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    Ok well don't you have anything else to back that statement up? Calling it stupid and misleading doesn't really count, or that could be said about anything people disagreed with. Are you just denying the video? Or do you believe the video itself is fake?
    the video of the abortion isn't fake. the way the doctor describes what is happening in the video is extremely inaccurate. i already told you, babies don't move around in reaction to external stimuli at 12 weeks (they may have autonomic reactions, but this is different from deliberately dodging medical equipment as the doctor likes to claim).

i think it is misleading because both the doll and the monitor disort the actual size of the 12 week old baby to misappropriate feelings one would have for a new born to the fetus. i've seen a 2 inch fetus in a removed uterus (the uterus had a tumor) and trust me it is nothing like a new born baby.

it is valid and fine to promote pro-life material and while i am pro-choice i definitely think it should be a last resort option. it's shouldn't be a tool used to alleviate responsibility. but promoting pro-life is different from saying whatever the hell you want to gain sympathy for your cause.

the video of the abortion isn't fake. the way the doctor describes what is happening in the video is extremely inaccurate. i already told you, babies don't move around in reaction to external stimuli at 12 weeks (they may have autonomic reactions, but this is different from deliberately dodging medical equipment as the doctor likes to claim).

i think it is misleading because both the doll and the monitor disort the actual size of the 12 week old baby to misappropriate feelings one would have for a new born to the fetus. i've seen a 2 inch fetus in a removed uterus (the uterus had a tumor) and trust me it is nothing like a new born baby.

it is valid and fine to promote pro-life material and while i am pro-choice i definitely think it should be a last resort option. it's shouldn't be a tool used to alleviate responsibility. but promoting pro-life is different from saying whatever the hell you want to gain sympathy for your cause.
    Ok, I can respect that. So in your opinion, you believe everything in the film was just exaggerated. But does seeing that still not signify that a human life is present? Or does that fact that it's just an automatic reaction seem to negate it?

At what point do you consider a fetus a human life, like that of a newborn?

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Bump. And pro-choice.