Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Sloan to resign!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It is difficult to maintain a level of respect from a team when the supposed leader basically tells him to eat sh!t in front of the world.
    exactly.

THIS is what made Jordan great. He REALIZED after getting Collins fired, he needed to listen, and become more of a leader. And under Phil he did. They butted heads sometimes, which happens, but he had a trust with Phil, he listened to his advice. And became great.

Banned

Default Re: Jerry Sloan steps down, leaves Utah Jazz! Era is over!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    And basically tell everyone he's not signing with anyone else but New York. Which is the polite douchebag way. at least he's being honest and not leading anyone on.
    No he's not leading anyone on. Everyone has their right to speculate. But Melo has done absolutely nothing wrong. He's been upfront about wanting the keep his options open. He hasn't demanded a trade publicly (a la Kobe). He has the right to sign with the team he wants to play for. WTF is wrong with that? He hasn't forced coaches or other players out (a la Kobe again). He gave the Nuggets 7+ years. They can trade him wherever they want, but he's not obligated to sign an extension with any of those teams. If I tell you I'm trading you to Alaska and I ask you if you'll be willing to sign an extension with them, you have every right to say no. This is his decision and ultimately he has to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    No he's not leading anyone on. Everyone has their right to speculate. But Melo has done absolutely nothing wrong. He's been upfront about wanting the keep his options open. He hasn't demanded a trade publicly (a la Kobe). He has the right to sign with the team he wants to play for. WTF is wrong with that? He hasn't forced coaches or other players out (a la Kobe again). He gave the Nuggets 7+ years. They can trade him wherever they want, but he's not obligated to sign an extension with any of those teams. If I tell you I'm trading you to Alaska and I ask you if you'll be willing to sign an extension with them, you have every right to say no. This is his decision and ultimately he has to live with it.
    Exactly he's NOT leading them on. But his lack of confirming on signing an extension with...Nj, Chicago, Dallas, or any other team pretty much says something. [COLOR="White"]I WANT TO BE A KNICK.[/COLOR]

Ultimately it's his decision but him not signing an extension with anyone else ****s over his franchise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
    All I've read about him not running a play was the one before halftime. That is disrespectful, but that can't be what completely made Sloan quit.
    For all you know, that was the tip of the iceberg. The last straw.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    quick and dirty

last night big blow up between williams and sloan at half time, carried over to after the game sloan has stepped down along with his long time assistant johnson
    Damn thats crazy.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I bet Sloan could kick 99% of this forums ass

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Wanna start a new internet meme about Sloan?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Damn thats crazy.
    yeah it is.. this is the kind of thing that happens to coaches in their 3rd year not 23rd

Wanna start a new internet meme about Sloan?
    Is it a meme if it's true?

Banned

Exactly he's NOT leading them on. But his lack of confirming on signing an extension with...Nj, Chicago, Dallas, or any other team pretty much says something. [COLOR="White"]I WANT TO BE A KNICK.[/COLOR]

Ultimately it's his decision but him not signing an extension with anyone else ****s over his franchise.
    That makes absolutely no sense. He's NOT obligated to sign an extension with any other team. Why would he do that if he doesn't wanna play there? There's a reason it's called Free Agency. After your contract is up, you evaluate your position and you decide where you wanna go from there. It's not like he's mailing in games. He's still going to practice. He's still playing hard. Everything else is up to the front office. His job is to play ball. You really have some kind of slave master mentality.

I have no idea what the hell is going on, but Jerry bring your buddy up here and be our GM or some front office personnel guy if you dont want to coach the Raps.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Obviously, since he's bigger than 99% of the people here.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

And, it is important to note how new this kind of thing is. Yes, occasionally in the 1980s and 1990s, a big-time player would be traded or leave in free agency, but it was pretty uncommon.... And there was no list of teams that were chosen by these free agents to jump through hoops while the player sat back, twiddled his thumbs and made the season completely about them. It just didn't happen.

What Wade, James, Bosh, Stoudemire and Boozer have ushered in is truly scary. Some could argue that all of this began with the Celtics getting the Big 3, but what is happening in today's NBA is different.

It isn't bad enough that the Superfriends have now joined together, but now you have Melo, CP3 and possibly DWill holding their franchises hostage while they do their little AAU dance.

It disgusts me. All hail Kevin Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    Obviously, since he's bigger than 99% of the people here.
    Dude, you've seen plenty of NBA fights I'm sure. Most of those dude's can barely throw a punch. Sure if it lands you're screwed but that's it. Sloan probably know jiu jitsu.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    And, it is important to note how new this kind of thing is. Yes, occasionally in the 1980s and 1990s, a big-time player would be traded or leave in free agency, but it was pretty uncommon.... And there was no list of teams that were chosen by these free agents to jump through hoops while the player sat back, twiddled his thumbs and made the season completely about them. It just didn't happen.

What Wade, James, Bosh, Stoudemire and Boozer have ushered in is truly scary. Some could argue that all of this began with the Celtics getting the Big 3, but what is happening in today's NBA is different.

It isn't bad enough that the Superfriends have now joined together, but now you have Melo, CP3 and possibly DWill holding their franchises hostage while they do their little AAU dance.

It disgusts me. All hail Kevin Durant.
    WTF has Amar'e done? He wanted to stay in Phoenix. They didn't wanna pay him. So he left.