Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: #50 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I use to say Ray was better than Reggie but I'm starting to have second thoughts about it.

Ray had more ability and could do more than Reggie could but it's not like Ray was Lebron. Both were primarily shooters/scorers that could score off the ball and within the flow of the offense. However, Miller was much much much better than Ray at scoring when it came to scoring in the clutch and in the post-season. Ray was actually somewhat of a choker.

I don't think either deserve this spot though but with the Ray vs. Reggie comparison going in this thread, I just wanted to drop my 2 cents on the comparison.
    Think of Reggie like this....... A Ray Allen with MUCH better clutch ability who would trashtalk, get under the skin of the likes Lebron and Kobe all the time, that would break them down mentally, cause them to throw a punch, cause them to do something they dont want, cause them to even choke.... next thing you know Ray Allen hits some clutch shots, wins the game and shows you the "choke sign" and says: "Nice triple double...." ...... Ray Allen would all of the sudden be the #1 player in their nightmares & thoughts, a big motivation for Lebron & Kobe to play basketball, they would be just counting the days to play him again with anger... and a bit of fear... "and he only averages 20 ppg..."..

Ray and Reggie are similar in the way they shoot/play (for at least 3 quarters and regular season) as SGs, but they are different imo, the intangibles/killer instinct/mind Reggie possessed make them two COMPLETELY different players.... and something which in my opinion makes Reggie better than Ray Allen.... its popular to say Ray Allen was a better ballhandler, passer but that there is nowhere close in significant difference, i mean not something that made him impact the game better than what Reggies intangibles/killer instinct/mind did.....

You very young folks see Reggie Miller on TV today and see how good of a guy he is... but on the court he was a completely different animal in every god damn way... he was the nastiest, dirtiest, "trashtalkiest", VILLAIN and he cherished it, he infact openly verbally asked for it... he didnt laugh, he was not friendly, he only wanted to cut your liver out... and then talk about it... the more hate, the more drama, the better he would play... and the worse you would feel (and play).... ice cold is an understatement.... if Reggie recieved the hate like lets say Lebron did in 2010-11 he would have won MVP/FMVP/Championship and everything..
    Last edited by pauk; 09-29-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Wow that list is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Wow that list is a joke
    In Which ways?

I find a lot of rankings bizarre, but overall, this is a pretty good top 25 and a very solid top fifty in my opinion. Certainly not exactly how I'd rank them, but I change my own rankings multiple times a year so it's heard to be overly critical.

Anyway, just wondering which parts of the list you found most off base?

None of them are better than Pierce but of the three Worthy has the best argument.

I'm not sure who I would vote for at #50. I'm undecided between Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Chris Paul, and James Worthy.

lol at Rodman being voted above those guys.
    I thought Pierce in the 50 was bad, but Gasol should be no where near 100.

None of them are better than Pierce but of the three Worthy has the best argument.

I'm not sure who I would vote for at #50. I'm undecided between Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Chris Paul, and James Worthy.

lol at Rodman being voted above those guys.
    Pau Gasol in consideration for #50 all-time? lol RG

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I thought Pierce in the 50 was bad, but Gasol should be no where near 100.

I think the case for Gasol in the top 100 is pretty strong. Think about it. All-NBa at his peak, 2nd best player on two title teams, lead a team to the players as best player, he's basically a poor mans McHale or Worthy in terms of his ability to compliment a great player on a fairly balanced championship contending team.

Dennis Rodman

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    I think the case for Gasol in the top 100 is pretty strong. Think about it. All-NBa at his peak, 2nd best player on two title teams, lead a team to the players as best player, he's basically a poor mans McHale or Worthy in terms of his ability to compliment a great player on a fairly balanced championship contending team.
    If he is top 100, he's near he very end. I wouldn't put him over guys like Gus Johnson, Marques Johnson, David Thompson, Ed Macauley, Chauncey Billups, ect.

If he is top 100, he's near he very end. I wouldn't put him over guys like Gus Johnson, Marques Johnson, David Thompson, Ed Macauley, Chauncey Billups, ect.

What puts Billups above him? Or Macauley especially?

I struggle with Gus Johnson. I know how good he could have been, but he never got to really realize that.

I do agree though that he belongs in the last bit of the top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    This is just a simple question...

To you people who pick Dennis Rodman here, if you had to pick between Reggie Miller and Dennis Rodman, who would it be?

Be honest now...

I know what my answer would be, all due respect to Dennis Rodman, he also belongs here somewhere in the standings... but not ahead of Reggie in my list... no god damn way.... Rodman was not a go-to-guy, he was not a franchise player that would impact you in a way you could win unless that team already had that go-to-guy / franchise player, he was only a complimentary player TO TOP 50 PEOPLE LIKE REGGIE MILLER........

Are you really gona act like rings is what separates Rodman over Reggie? Just because he was blessed of having to play with what i consider is the greatest team ever? Switch teams where Reggie Miller would play next to Jordan for the Bulls and Rodman would play next to Pooh Richardson (who? exactly) for the Pacers and i can guarantee you he would have the same championships.... and i can guarantee you Rodman would be remembered as nothing but a rebounding showman.... Rings are overrated that way...
    Its not this simple. Guess what? If you got a Reggie Miller on your team, you're gonna need a Dennis Rodman. That is if your interested in winning. We saw how important Rodman was to the Bulls.

All Miller could do is shoot. Is he clutch? Absolutely. Would I pick him over Rodman to take the last shot? Off course. Heres the difference. If youd take Miller to take the last shot in a game, id gladly take Rodman to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Its not this simple. Guess what? If you got a Reggie Miller on your team, you're gonna need a Dennis Rodman. That is if your interested in winning. We saw how important Rodman was to the Bulls.

All Miller could do is shoot. Is he clutch? Absolutely. Would I pick him over Rodman to take the last shot? Off course. Heres the difference. If youd take Miller to take the last shot in a game, id gladly take Rodman to stop him.
    1 on 1? He could do something.... But nobody and i mean NOBODY could guard Reggie Miller in a team game, he was a like marathon runner, that worked without the ball and had a ridicilous bag of tricks to get "open" (he needed only an inch of space to release and the release is lightning)... Like Jordan said once: "You dont defend Reggie, you chase him".... while chasing him you will be only exhausting yourself while also trying to avoid walls of the likes of Dale Davis... and remember you cant touch him, Reggie could win Oscar every year how good of a flopper he was... and the result of that is 90% on the FT line.... Rodman would be the last guy on the list to "defend" Reggie... he would be to exhausted and bruised to rebound later (or simply just fouled out)

Thats kindof what Kobe meant aswell when he said why he thinks Reggie was the toughest guy he ever had to defend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKCxkJTFrU
    Last edited by pauk; 09-29-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Banned

Pau Gasol

-2x NBA Champion (2009, 2010)
    -Led 2010 Lakers to the championship as the best player
    -4 x NBA Allstar
    -18.7 PPG, 9.2 RPG 3.2 APG career numbers
    -3 All NBA teams
    -Two silver medals as the best player
    -One of the most skilled bigmen of all-time
    -Made the cover of the NBA video game in Spain

Banned

I thought Pierce in the 50 was bad, but Gasol should be no where near 100.:
    U mad? Pierce, top 50 player of all-time, I told you but at least you weren't one of those a-holes that purposely changed their vote to Rodman to prevent Pierce from making it so props. But lol at Gasol not being top 100.

new smartphones from verizon But nobody and i mean NOBODY could guard Reggie Miller in a team game, he was a like marathon runner, that worked without the ball and had a ridicilous bag of tricks to get "open" (he needed only an inch of space to release and the release is lightning)... Like Jordan said once: "You dont defend Reggie, you chase him".... while chasing him you will be only exhausting yourself while also trying to avoid walls of the likes of Dale Davis... and remember you cant touch him, Reggie could win Oscar every year how good of a flopper he was... and the result of that is 90% on the FT line.... Rodman would be the last guy on the list to "defend" Reggie... he would be to exhausted and bruised to rebound later (or simply just fouled out)

Thats kindof what Kobe meant aswell when he said why he thinks Reggie was the toughest guy he ever had to defend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKCxkJTFrU[/QUOTE]
    Exhausted? The same Dennis Rodman that would ride a stationary bike while he was resting? The same Dennis Rodman that would out rebound and out hustle guys much biggdr than him? The same Dennis Rodman that Phil Jackson called the greatest athlete hes ever seen?

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Pau Gasol

-2x NBA Champion (2009, 2010)
    -4 x NBA Allstar
    -18.7 PPG, 9.2 RPG 3.2 APG career numbers
    -3 All NBA teams
    -Two silver medals as the best player
    -One of the most skilled bigmen of all-time
    -Made the cover of the NBA video game in Spain
    fixed