Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: Which Continent Has The Best Food

Quote Originally Posted by LockoutOver11
    South American... because of Peru

the most diverse cuisine ever.

Pasta, Fish, Meat. Vegetables, Potatoes, Soups, shits I can't even explain....

second Europe because of Italy.
    Kinda unfair of me, but I've tried Peruvian food on two occasions and I wasn't wowed. Naturally, I'm not wowed by Mexican food found here on the states either (and I'm from L.A.). A Peruvian co-worker recommended a restaurant which she said was good, and it was just okay. I have heard good things about Peruvian cuisine's diversity, I'll have to investigate more, perhaps visit Peru to taste authentic Peruvian cuisine.

On that note, I've tried various French plates (don't ask me any names). I tried a few here in L.A. but wasn't really impressed (actually disappointed) considering how highly French cuisine is usually hailed (it is usually hailed as THE best in the world). I went to Old Quebec in my honeymoon, I figured they'd have something closer to authentic French food (or as authentic as one can get) and while good, still not worth the hype. I'm sure the technical skills and complexity is crazy, but at the end of the day what matter is 'taste'. I guess I need more spices and some heat. I want my taste buds to go in all directions and to be challenged, I want them to be blown up by all of the different flavors.

Instead it was just solid.

Perhaps my palette isn't refined to appreciate the texture, the technique, etc.etc. But I get blown away by other foods instantly. Was blown away by a simple Korean dish my mom brought from a downtown L.A. cart vendor. Was blown away by a simple Indian wrap I had in a small INdian restaurant located in a Byward Street market in Ottawa.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    On that note, I've tried various French plates (don't ask me any names). I tried a few here in L.A. but wasn't really impressed (actually disappointed) considering how highly French cuisine is usually hailed (it is usually hailed as THE best in the world). I went to Old Quebec in my honeymoon, I figured they'd have something closer to authentic French food (or as authentic as one can get) and while good, still not worth the hype. I'm sure the technical skills and complexity is crazy, but at the end of the day what matter is 'taste'. I guess I need more spices and some heat. I want my taste buds to go in all directions and to be challenged, I want them to be blown up by all of the different flavors.
    I honestly can't give high enough praise for French food. I don't know what you had or who was cooking it, but when you get that one dish that is perfect you will see. One of my parents friends is Austrian but he is a French trained chef, and my god, the food he makes is out of this world. I've told my parents "whenever he invites you over for dinner you are taking me with you." When I was in Paris it was much the same, I think part of the reason the quality is so good is because of the level of competition in the city (but that isn't just for French food, the best Italian I've ever had was also in Paris). But like any other food isn't immune to being cooked poorly.

Off the top of my head I would have to say I haven't encountered any spicy dishes and I will give you that (and sometimes you just need that kick). But overall quality French food trumps everything for me.

How is this even a contest? Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, etc.. Asia >>>>>>>>>>

1. Asia

2. Europe

Everything else.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

#1 North America - I like my big portions. You have a ton of ethnic restaurants all over the United States. Amazing Italian food places, halal food, and world famous steakhouses. Yes, I like to eat 2000 calorie dinners when I go out sometimes . Typical 'Murican.

#2 Europe - I've had amazing Meditteranean food in Turkey/Greece. Switzerland food is pretty solid. UK food was surprisingly delicious in terms of ethnic food. Best Indian food I've ever had in my life was a small restaurant in London (I've been to a lot of Indian restaurants). Spanish food is horrible though. I love the country but can't stand the food. I've heard German food is amazing along with Italian of course. I've been to France and it was solid but not amazing.

#3 Asia - Not a big fan of the Indian food I had there. Not sure if you would consider Dubai in Asia, food there was OK. Nothing mind blowing but maybe a tad bit lower than Turkey for me. They have some great Lebanese food in the city though.

#4 South/Central America - Have only been to Mexico and I had mostly resort food. It was solid but way too fried/oily for my tasting. Going to Brazil in the summer, maybe this ranking gets bumped.

#56/7 Africa,Australia,Antartica - Never been there.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    #1 North America - I like my big portions. You have a ton of ethnic restaurants all over the United States. Amazing Italian food places, halal food, and world famous steakhouses. Yes, I like to eat 2000 calorie dinners when I go out sometimes . Typical 'Murican.

#2 Europe - I've had amazing Meditteranean food in Turkey/Greece. Switzerland food is pretty solid. UK food was surprisingly delicious in terms of ethnic food. Best Indian food I've ever had in my life was a small restaurant in London (I've been to a lot of Indian restaurants). Spanish food is horrible though. I love the country but can't stand the food. I've heard German food is amazing along with Italian of course. I've been to France and it was solid but not amazing.

#3 Asia - Not a big fan of the Indian food I had there. Not sure if you would consider Dubai in Asia, food there was OK. Nothing mind blowing but maybe a tad bit lower than Turkey for me. They have some great Lebanese food in the city though.

#4 South/Central America - Have only been to Mexico and I had mostly resort food. It was solid but way too fried/oily for my tasting. Going to Brazil in the summer, maybe this ranking gets bumped.

#56/7 Africa,Australia,Antartica - Never been there.
    This dude just listed Halal and Italian food under North America

Asian and European, particularly Mediterranean food are a standout for me.

Asian food is a bit carb heavy for me at times, while European is filled with meats and veggies on a fairly consistent basis, which I love.

1. Australia

Why? Australia is filled with Asians, Europeans, Africans.... and I can go eat the best culture depending on what I feel like.

:)

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    1. Australia

Why? Australia is filled with Asians, Europeans, Africans.... and I can go eat the best culture depending on what I feel like.

:)
    Australia? I was there and the Asian food was trash.......Southern Cali best food >>>>>

America/New York - Where you get all the cultures food all in ONE <3 No travel, no nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    America/New York - Where you get all the cultures food all in ONE <3 No travel, no nothing!
    [COLOR="Red"]*Warning*[/COLOR]
    This man has not traveled the world. The farthest he's gone is a couple blocks to get some crappy weed. This is not exploring.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I think the Mediterranean countries are considered European unless you're including Turkey.

I think it's a dead heat between European and Asian. My tastes tend more towards European but I do like Asian and Middle Eastern/African as well.
    Mediterranean has the dominant food all the way around. France/Italy/Greece/Lebanon is all good but my favorite is actually the N. African part. Can't beat couscous and tagines IMO.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Been all over the world. NYC > everything else. It honestly isn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    [COLOR="Red"]*Warning*[/COLOR]
    This man has not traveled the world. The farthest he's gone is a couple blocks to get some crappy weed. This is not exploring.
    Btch, why don't you marry me so I can go around the world

Mfer don't even know one NYC Manhattan block equivalent to 250 miles round trip to Africa and back