Default Are we setting ourselves up for the Zion Williamson lottery?

So we just went out and got, arguably, our new best player in Avery Bradley on a 1-year contract. Young kid at 26 and A FORMER TEXAS LONGHORN! HOOK 'EM! Out goes our future "All-Star" in KCP.

Kennard is going to see a lot more time now that KCP is out of the picture. And Bradley will be a good example for him to follow. We saved ~$15 mil.

We have Reggie Jackson in trade rumors, one including Ajinca and E'Twaun Moore?!?!? We don't save any years on Moore's contract, but shave ~$10 mil a year. On Alex's contract, we get one less year off Ajinca to save ~$5 mil in 2018-2019. Ish can keep this boat from not looking like a complete shit show.

Stanley Johnson can finally get his time to play more SF and PF with the exit of Marcus. This was a must move, obviously.

Then, we got our 1,000 bigs.

I think we are officially doing it. We have the excuse in saying we went for a "big" name.

We are tanking and developing. Happy days. Maybe I can put my trust back in SVG, as long as Drummond picks up some bball IQ this summer.

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Are we setting ourselves up for the Zion Williamson lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    So we just went out and got, arguably, our new best player in Avery Bradley on a 1-year contract. Young kid at 26 and A FORMER TEXAS LONGHORN! HOOK 'EM! Out goes our future "All-Star" in KCP.

Kennard is going to see a lot more time now that KCP is out of the picture. And Bradley will be a good example for him to follow. We saved ~$15 mil.

We have Reggie Jackson in trade rumors, one including Ajinca and E'Twaun Moore?!?!? We don't save any years on Moore's contract, but shave ~$10 mil a year. On Alex's contract, we get one less year off Ajinca to save ~$5 mil in 2018-2019. Ish can keep this boat from not looking like a complete shit show.

Stanley Johnson can finally get his time to play more SF and PF with the exit of Marcus. This was a must move, obviously.

Then, we got our 1,000 bigs.

I think we are officially doing it. We have the excuse in saying we went for a "big" name.

We are tanking and developing. Happy days. Maybe I can put my trust back in SVG, as long as Drummond picks up some bball IQ this summer.
    Agree, it appears so.

NBA lottery pick

I've said forever that the Pistons were the worst team at losing ever. We would have a shot at a top 3 pick and then we would go on a winning streak. Then they would say something like they would never tank. Well, guess what... those teams that tanked all ended up with very good young talent. We have some young guys but not a good collection of young talent. I think anyone here would trade rosters with LA or Philly right now. The only way a top tier player is going to the Pistons is if they draft him or if they could somehow pull off a huge trade (which is unlikely).

If we're going to tank we're going to have to do much more though. Chicago is certainly a much worse roster and that's just one team in our division. There's some really bad teams out there. Also, if we're going to tank SVG better actually play Ellenson and Kennard. When was the last time SVG really let a rookie play? I can see Kennard going to the G league a few times rather than letting him develop here. Plus he's the 3rd SG now. Sure SVG may use some 3 guard sets but it still doesn't leave much more playing time.

While I do agree it would be 2019 that we would be setting ourselves up to really suck it wouldn't be for Zion Williamson. Right now everyone is saying Marvin Bagley Jr. People are saying he could be the best pick of this generation. They're saying he's the best potential first pick since Anthony Davis. Zion could be really good as well. He needs an outside shot though. I guess we'll learn more about them once they get out of high school lol.

The other thing is if they tank for Bagley Jr. then you gotta think about moving Dre now. I posted a good article about how SVG uses him back to the basket. It talks about how they should look at trading him if that's what SVG wants as a player. Not to mention they must have looked really hard at moving Drummond this trade deadline because it was reported today that the Pistons were very close to getting Valencuinas from Toronto. There's no way they keep him and Dre on the roster. I say either use Dre as a pick and roll guy and let him get offensive rebounds to put back like he's good at or you move him for a lottery pick while you can.

NBA lottery pick

Update, apparently yesterday Bagley said he might reclassify and make himself eligible for college basketball this fall somehow. Then he would be in the 2018 class.