NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default I thought "The Situation" bombed on The Comedy Roast, Ann Coulter got murdered

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/05/an...b-lowes-roast/
    She got annihilated. I felt sorry for her

Default Re: I thought "The Situation" bombed on The Comedy Roast, Ann Coulter got murdered

That was it?

A reference to KKK with holes in sheets? Hur hur hur

Jokes on you my friend. Painting Trump supporters as KKK is getting old.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: I thought "The Situation" bombed on The Comedy Roast, Ann Coulter got murdered

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    That was it?

A reference to KKK with holes in sheets? Hur hur hur

Jokes on you my friend. Painting Trump supporters as KKK is getting old.
    I'm not talking about that. She took a beating out there. I thought she was a target and the jokes were personal. Pete Davidson heckled her during her set. She was extremely out of her element.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I'm not talking about that. She took a beating out there. I thought she was a target and the jokes were personal. Pete Davidson heckled her during her set. She was extremely out of her element.

I don't even know what the hell she is doing there.

She's a shock writer, media wag. Not really someone I'd have on a gag show
    Last edited by poido123; 09-06-2016 at 10:48 AM.

   

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/05/an...b-lowes-roast/
    She got annihilated. I felt sorry for her
    she's had to handle that kind of reaction for years, so i doubt it fazed her. usually she just finds a simplistic way of turning it around on other people and goes about her merry way.

i could see her being picked for this because she's such a vicious character, and that's what a roast is about on the face of it. the main difference is that the roasters are usually doing it in a spirit of playfulness, whereas she's dead serious.

f-ck her, man. if there's a more toxic high-profile person alive, i'm not sure who that would be.

Who?

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Did they cut out when Davidson called Coulter a "racist c---"?

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

Most roasts you can tell are in good fun, but there was extra bite in the jokes about Coulter. In particular, you could tell that Jewel, whose set was surprisingly good, just vehemently hates her.

The last time I remember it being that obvious that the roasters hated someone on the dais was during the Pam Anderson roast. You could tell by the end people were just fed up with Courtney Love being a drugged out annoying fake tough girl. Jeff Ross especially looked like he wanted someone to just throw her out into the street.

Overall, I thought the Lowe roast was weak. Jewel was good, especially considering she is not a professional joke-teller, and I thought Spade was okay in parts. The rest were very average and several jokes were recycled multiple times. No real "holy sh!t, did he just say that?" moments.

Every roast has one roaster who is just out of their element (Situation, Hulk Hogan, etc.) but this one had at least three. Coulter was unwatchable and Macchio and Manning were pretty awful. Macchio because he played the bitter, washed up actor bit a little too hard and Manning because he literally has zero comedic timing (not his fault). Ross was surprisingly tame considering he was roasting a guy who has had multiple sex scandals; he's done far better in the past with far less to work with.

The last good roast was Charlie Sheen. Lowe and Roseanne were weak, and Franco's was just filled with potheads laughing at inside jokes.

The art of roasting definitely misses Greg Giraldo, and Seth MacFarlane should host all of them.

what a cringe roast.

greg giraldo and patrice o'neal are sorely missed.

Undefeated

She did terrifically. The crowd was against her yet she still managed to pile through her well-written jokes in a professional manner. She did better than half the dais tbh.

The plugging of her book was great.

   

Tony Hinchcliffe, writer from the roast, explains to Joe Rogan the mechanics of how Coulter dug her own grave:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FtO15N0iho

Quote Originally Posted by Terahite
    what a cringe roast.

greg giraldo and patrice o'neal are sorely missed.
    The short video tells me that this must be the worst one yet. Gonna check it out soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    The short video tells me that this must be the worst one yet. Gonna check it out soon.
    Do yourself a favour and don't. You know your in trouble when David Spade's set was the best.

NBA Superstar

That was Ann Coulter, I thought it was Milo in drag...