Page 148 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2288
    NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

If you ever root for your team to lose, you can't really call yourself a fan.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Why are you happy?

-Smak
    You are really asking me that question. REALLY? REALLY?

Coach Doofus is on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    If you ever root for your team to lose, you can't really call yourself a fan.
    WTH are you talking about. I've probably been a fan of Illini basketball since before you were born or a little kid. I'm beyond fed up with this current coach. I love Illini basketball, I don't love or even like our current coach.

Maybe I should ask you and Smak are you real fans because you keep defending this worthless, piece of shit, tool of a coach to the end of Earth for some unknown reason. No real fan of a team is going to continue to put up with the results this current coach has put up in the last 6 years at a university like Illinois. There is no excuse to be this mediocre for this long. None. And I don't want to hear anything about the players. As I've always said and continue to say, the players have changed the coach and the results have been the same and worse. That calls for an immediate change. Even at the worst of schools that have been worse than Illinois they would stand for this nonsense. So don't you dare sit here and question me about being a fan. You don't anything about being one if you like what has and is going on at Illinois.
    Last edited by bootsy; 03-02-2012 at 01:34 AM.

It's weird...

I kind of disassociated myself from this team when they started losing. But I now realize that I had a glimmer of hope they'd turn it around.

It's like your girlfriend cheating on you, or your son failing out of school. You keep telling yourself that you don't care, but when it is final, it hits you.

I am pretty sad.

Our team was so good this year. This is the best team we've had in years...

Well, assuming Milo stays, we're not going to lose anyone worth while. But I have a feeling he's going lotto. Why would he want to stay with this team who can't even get him the ball?

Also @ the mention of fan: What is a fan? Isn't a fan just someone who associates himself with a team? To make it into more than that is ridiculous. We are all different people. But it does kind of make me wonder when you would rather have us lose so that Bruce can get fired. I would rather have Bruce and the team figure it out.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    It's weird...

I kind of disassociated myself from this team when they started losing. But I now realize that I had a glimmer of hope they'd turn it around.

It's like your girlfriend cheating on you, or your son failing out of school. You keep telling yourself that you don't care, but when it is final, it hits you.

I am pretty sad.

Our team was so good this year. This is the best team we've had in years...

Well, assuming Milo stays, we're not going to lose anyone worth while. But I have a feeling he's going lotto. Why would he want to stay with this team who can't even get him the ball?

Also @ the mention of fan: What is a fan? Isn't a fan just someone who associates himself with a team? To make it into more than that is ridiculous. We are all different people. But it does kind of make me wonder when you would rather have us lose so that Bruce can get fired. I would rather have Bruce and the team figure it out.

-Smak
    Give it up already. I wasn't rooting against Illinois, of course I wanted them to win but they didn't which was no surprise because we should all be used to it by now. It makes me wonder why you would rather have Bruce, for WHAT!? Like I said before, what kind of a fan likes or wants THIS for their favorite team. To continue being stuck in mediocrity and the few times we'e made the tournament having to sweat it out on Selection Sunday to see if we made it. No Thanks. It's past time for a new coach. I am really looking forward to seeing who the coach is and what they can being to Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy
    WTH are you talking about. I've probably been a fan of Illini basketball since before you were born or a little kid. I'm beyond fed up with this current coach. I love Illini basketball, I don't love or even like our current coach.

Maybe I should ask you and Smak are you real fans because you keep defending this worthless, piece of shit, tool of a coach to the end of Earth for some unknown reason. No real fan of a team is going to continue to put up with the results this current coach has put up in the last 6 years at a university like Illinois. There is no excuse to be this mediocre for this long. None. And I don't want to hear anything about the players. As I've always said and continue to say, the players have changed the coach and the results have been the same and worse. That calls for an immediate change. Even at the worst of schools that have been worse than Illinois they would stand for this nonsense. So don't you dare sit here and question me about being a fan. You don't anything about being one if you like what has and is going on at Illinois.
    This worthless piece of shit coach took the school to it's only national chapionship game in school ****ing history. It may be his time to go, but that's no reason to cheer for the team to lose. You're not just cheering for Bruce to lose, but for the kids too. It involves a lot more than just Weber and his job. It's hilarious how defensive you got though. I've never heard of a fan of a team happy they are now definitely eliminated from the tourny barring a miracle run. To each their own I guess.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

So SIU fired Chris Lowery. Weber going back makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    So SIU fired Chris Lowery. Weber going back makes too much sense.
    yeah I think someone from cbs sports said they would be targeting Weber.

This worthless piece of shit coach took the school to it's only national chapionship game in school ****ing history. It may be his time to go, but that's no reason to cheer for the team to lose. You're not just cheering for Bruce to lose, but for the kids too. It involves a lot more than just Weber and his job. It's hilarious how defensive you got though. I've never heard of a fan of a team happy they are now definitely eliminated from the tourny barring a miracle run. To each their own I guess.
    I'm going to ask this question first before I respond to your silly post, Do you really want Bruce to come back as coach next year? Yes or no. If you do what do you think is going to change next year for the better?

Now in response to your post:
    Man stop living in 2005. That was such a long time ago in the grand scheme of things. So much BAD has happened since that wonderful season. Do I really need to recap what has happened since that season. Like our under .500 record in the conference since Dee and Augie left. Our horrible recruiting, missing the tournament, not getting past the 2nd round, the number of embarrassing losses, many of them at home, no conference titles, poor attendance, constantly standing and yelling during the entire game(Sit your ****ing ass down on the bench for 5 minutes), whining to the media and calling out players in the media over and over again. Gosh you are as clueless as this coach.

Questioning me as a fan is going to get you nowhere. I don't think you are in a position to question someone who has been a fan probably since before you were born. I don't know how old you are but you don't know anything about me to say that. I wasn't cheering for Bruce to lose, I was holding out a small glimmer of hope that we could run the table in our last two games but that was me being naive and stupid to think that with this current coach who has let us down(well I'll speak for the smart Illini fans not you when I say that) so many times before. I don't need to clarify how big of a fan I have been of Illini basketball. Even the serious Bruce loyalists have been knowing it is time for a change but you no way. I really question you as a fan that you want to hold on to a coach that has done nothing for 6 years. What kind of a fan are you that celebrates mediocrity. Yes I lovvvvvvvvveeeeeee our mediocre coach. I want him to come back next year so we can have another 19-14 season. What kind of fan are you that is happy with this. If you say Yes I That is such a loser's mentality. You are a joke. GMAFB.
    Last edited by bootsy; 03-03-2012 at 02:55 PM.

You are such a fu[COLOR="Black"]ck[/COLOR]ing moron. You wrote a 2 paragraph response to one line of my post when I clearly said It may be his time to go in the very next sentence.

Keep ranting about nothing though. Clearly you represent all smart Illinois "fans."

You are such a fu[COLOR="Black"]ck[/COLOR]ing moron. You wrote a 2 paragraph response to one line of my post when I clearly said It may be his time to go

Keep ranting about nothing though. Clearly you represent all smart Illinois "fans."
    May be??? Newsflash IT IS silly.

LOL yes I'm a moron but you are still living off of 2005 and accusing me of cheering for the team to lose which is a complete lie. That is the very definition of a moron.

I typed two paragraphs because that is my way of expressing myself to a dumbass like you who tries to say someone is rooting against their favorite team. You are the worst kind of fan that lives of the past and brings nothing new to the table. Yes he won in 2005 but he didn't capitalize off that success. That is what makes you a good or even great, effective coach.

I asked you a question, do you want Bruce as coach next year? And if so why?
    Last edited by bootsy; 03-03-2012 at 03:11 PM.

May be??? Newsflash IT IS silly.

LOL yes I'm a moron but you are still living off of 2005 and accusing me of cheering for the team to lose which is a complete lie. That is the very definition of a moron.

I typed two paragraphs because that is my way of expressing myself to a dumbass like you who tries to say someone is rooting against their favorite team. You are the worst kind of fan that lives of the past and brings nothing new to the table. Yes he won in 2005 but he didn't capitalize off that success. That is what makes you a good or even great, effective coach.

I asked you a question, do you want Bruce as coach next year? And if so why?
    You seriously harping on the fact that I said "may be," you're really reaching there. You wrote an essay accusing me of saying I want him to stay as coach when I haven't said that at all here. Please show me where I said he should be our coach next year. I think we need a fresh start after what happened this year, but I'm not ranting like a lunatic about how Weber is the worst coach ever.

I'm not living in 2005, I'm just pointing out that Weber isn't as worthless as you and a whole bunch of other "fans" make him out to be. He probably stayed here too long. He should have just taken the Oklahoma job that was offered to him last year. Regardless, the man deserves any fan's respect, but assclowns like you have a real short memory.

And as far as you not cheering for the team to lose...

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Nail in the coffin.
    Yeah...who wouldn't be happy that their team won't be in the tournament? Anyways, I'm done responding to you. I'll leave you to celebrate the next loss Illinois has.

You seriously harping on the fact that I said "may be," you're really reaching there. You wrote an essay accusing me of saying I want him to stay as coach when I haven't said that at all here. Please show me where I said he should be our coach next year. I think we need a fresh start after what happened this year, but I'm not ranting like a lunatic about how Weber is the worst coach ever.

I'm not living in 2005, I'm just pointing out that Weber isn't as worthless as you and a whole bunch of other "fans" make him out to be. He probably stayed here too long. He should have just taken the Oklahoma job that was offered to him last year. Regardless, the man deserves any fan's respect, but assclowns like you have a real short memory.

And as far as you not cheering for the team to lose...

Yeah...who wouldn't be happy that their team won't be in the tournament? Anyways, I'm done responding to you. I'll leave you to celebrate the next loss Illinois has.

Look, you snot nosed punk piece of shit. You clearly don't read very well. First you say I was hoping the team would lose which I NEVER said, now you accuse me of saying you want to keep the coach when again I NEVER said that. I asked you whether you want Weber next year, which you still haven't clearly answered. I also didn't say he was the worst coach ever, nice job of over-exaggerating. He has been average at best for 6 seasons. What coach should keep his job at a University like Illinois with results like that?

You are living in 2005, the first thing you posted in his defense was about that season and what he did. Weber has been worthless, like I said before he failed to build off of 05 and has regressed to the point of embarrassing results. There is no way this team should be with a strong possibility of finishing 6-12 in conference. That is terrible.

And as far as writing an essay, I least I know how to write and write an essay.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

My head hurts.

Couldn't decide if Weber was going to cry at the postgame presser, laugh maniacally while toussling his own hair, or shoot himself in front of everyone like that politician from PA did a few years ago.

Strange moment.