Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Should Heat keep Mike Miller? Will he ever be pretty good again?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You're stupidity amazes me more every day. Mike Miller IS a spot-up shooter, he wasn't "turned into one". Mo Williams was shit before LBJ, and is shit w/o him. There's one player.
    Miller is an all-around player. He can dish, handle the ball, shoot lights out, rebound, etc. Whatever is needed. Thus said, of course his role is reduced to spot-up shooter when playing alongside three first-option players.

Yep, scoring is the only part of being a good player. Typical Kobe stan response. LOL @ You calling LeBron a "statpadder" when you're a Kobe stan. Oh, the irony.
    He averaged 17.3/6.1/4.8/1.3 (steals) and 17.2/6.3/3.5/1.2 in his last two years before he joined Cleveland. He was a young, up and coming player, whose development was cut short thanks to Lebron's ball hogging.

I'm not surprised he looked pretty good playing next to Griffin and Gordon in the second half of the last season.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...th-mike-miller

Looks like Miami actually will have to cut Miller. With the new rules, Miller's overpaid for what he brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...th-mike-miller

Looks like Miami actually will have to cut Miller. With the new rules, Miller's overpaid for what he brings to the table.
    Again, it's not his fault. He was injured and then reduced to a spot-up shooter. He still managed to help them out a lot with his rebounding deep in the playoffs (his shooting got better, too).

He will be a huge gain to whichever team he ends up with.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Varejao got that contract because of his energy and hustle play, especially on the defensive end and on the boards, not because Lebron turned him into a 18/10 player or something. In fact, all of his numbers went up after Lebron left. He had less than 1 more shot per game, and averaged 0.5 more points, but also 2 more rebounds per game. That's what happens when you don't have a stat-padder on your team snatching rebounds out of your hands. And he would had better numbers had he not gotten injured.

Mo had already averaged 17.3 and 17.2 in his last two years in Milwaukee. He averaged 17.8 (wow, what an increase!!) in his first year in Cleveland, then went down to 15.8 in his second year. Yeah, Lebron really helped him become a better player.
    I see the problem. You are an idiot. You think scoring=quality of player.

I'm a Bucks fan. The Bucks basically traded him for Luke Ridnour to get rid of him. With LeBron he made the all-star team. He is a borderline NBA player and made the all-star team. And no one ever accused AV of being worth 10M/season after LBJ left.

Again, it's not his fault. He was injured and then reduced to a spot-up shooter. He still managed to help them out a lot with his rebounding deep in the playoffs (his shooting got better, too).

He will be a huge gain to whichever team he ends up with.
    No, I don't mean it's his fault. Just with how his contract ends up handcuffing Miami under the new rules Miller isn't worth it to them. By cutting Miller Miami could add several pieces. As nice as Miller might be, Grant Hill would probably be just as fine and cheaper.

Hey Peggersaurus.

Lebron + Wade = Finalz.

Kobe = Sweep Sweep by Mavs.

This year will probably produce similar results I hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    I see the problem. You are an idiot. You think scoring=quality of player.

I'm a Bucks fan. The Bucks basically traded him for Luke Ridnour to get rid of him. With LeBron he made the all-star team. He is a borderline NBA player and made the all-star team. And no one ever accused AV of being worth 10M/season after LBJ left.
    Quoting myself:

He averaged 17.3/6.1/4.8/1.3 (steals) and 17.2/6.3/3.5/1.2 in his last two years before he joined Cleveland. He was a young, up and coming player, whose development was cut short thanks to Lebron's ball hogging.

So he does/did more than just scoring.

And about AB being accused of being worthy of 10M/season... What the hell is that? Do you ever get accused of being an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Hey Peggersaurus.

Lebron + Wade = Finalz.

Kobe = Sweep Sweep by Mavs.

This year will probably produce similar results I hope you enjoy it.
    They are not going to make the finals this year. People don't realize that it was their best chance to win a chip after everything went down the way it did (Wade's practically breaking Rondo's arm, Rose's inexperience showing and not having a real SG, playing against one of the weakest final teams in recent history, etc.)

This season, Chicago, assuming they sign a good SG, will be right there to tackle the Heat. And New York, and Boston...

Lakers will be better. I'm not sure if it's going to be enough to win it all, but it's possible.

Done responding to a troll who HAD to create a new account after the Heat-less went down in flames.

They are not going to make the finals this year. People don't realize that it was their best chance to win a chip after everything went down the way it did (Wade's practically breaking Rondo's arm, Rose's inexperience showing and not having a real SG, playing against one of the weakest final teams in recent history, etc.)

This season, Chicago, assuming they sign a good SG, will be right there to tackle the Heat. And New York, and Boston...
    Some wishful thinking there, man. Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    They need to sign him to a long term deal.

[Heat]Just wait til Miller and Haslem get back, its title time![/morons]
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Some wishful thinking there, man. Sorry...
    I'm sure you were one of those idiots who were guaranteeing that Miami was going to win the chip last year once they've got Dallas in the finals.

Every year, "It's definitely next year!" with Lebron, and I'm loving it!

You're stupidity amazes me more every day. Mike Miller IS a spot-up shooter, he wasn't "turned into one". Mo Williams was shit before LBJ, and is shit w/o him. There's one player.
    no he wasn't he was a good versatile role player could pass create his own shot
    mo wasn't better with lebron he just got more attention while playing for a contender
    so just stfu you fvcking homer

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    no he wasn't he was a good versatile role player could pass create his own shot
    mo wasn't better with lebron he just got more attention while playing for a contender
    so just stfu you fvcking homer
    Not really.. I watched Miller in Memphis and although he was a good passer and had some "driving ability" he was pretty much a spot up shooter.

That is his game and although he may have some skills a pure SUS wouldn't they aren't really defined or polished enough to be useful in high pressure playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Not really.. I watched Miller in Memphis and although he was a good passer and had some "driving ability" he was pretty much a spot up shooter.

That is his game and although he may have some skills a pure SUS wouldn't they aren't really defined or polished enough to be useful in high pressure playoff games.
    for me kyle korver is a spot up shooter or roger mason
    miller was/is clearly on an other level offensively