Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    lmao why the F does daniel orton have 4 and 1/2 star trade value?

they offer him for my top players all the time.... retarded

I haven't looked in a while, but I'm pretty sure he has a really high potential rating. I never accept a trade for him, though.

I started a new dynasty with the Wizards and downloaded Geebo's Essential rosters via 2K Share. They are pretty realistic and he went through and adjusted a lot of the potential ratings so you don't have like 30-35 85+ rated guys 4 or 5 years into a dynasty. I still had to go through and up quite a few potential ratings, though, because I ran a test-sim 5 years in, and players like Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, James Harden and Darren Collison had actually gotten worse or stayed the same rating wise.

Then, I went through the 4 draft classes I have downloaded, and lowered the potential rating of the top 50 players in each class. I got tired of seeing every top 15-20 pick from the 2011-2013 drafts end up being rated in the mid to high 80's (or even low 90's) by their 2nd or 3rd year in the league.

I did a ton of trading for high draft picks and shed cap-space. The only player I protected on my roster was John Wall, obviously. I'm about 23 games (58 game season) into the 2013-2014 season and we're 18-5.

PG John Wall (90 overall)/Darius Morris (68 overall)
    SG James Harden (83 overall)/P.J. Hairston (70 overall)
    SF Chris Singleton (72 overall)/Tracy McGrady (70 overall)
    PF Blake Griffin (89 overall)/Jared Sullinger (77 overall)
    C Andre Drummond (76 overall)/JaVale McGee (73 overall)

2011 Draft: Took Singleton 15th overall

2012 Draft: Traded some players and got two top 15 picks and cleard some cap-space. Drafted Jared Sullinger 5th overall and P.J. Hairston 13th overall.

2013 Draft: Traded Andray Blatche, Jordan Crawford, my '13 and '14 1st round pick and ended up getting the Raptors '13 1st rd pick which ended up being 2nd overall. So, I of course took Andre Drummond who is a stud. It's his rookie year and I'm still averaging 13/8 with him despite splitting quite a bit of time with Sullinger and McGee.

By the 2013 offseason I had cleared a ton of cap-space to the point where I had room to make two big FA signings. That's how I ended up with Blake Griffin and James Harden. McGrady is 34 and just a 70 overall, but he's still a beast on offense. I start Singleton but McGrady is averaging almost as many minutes (20-22 mpg) and scoring 14 ppg.

Traded Ronnie Brewer and a first for Afflalo and the Nuggets first
    Rose/Vasquez
    TA/Afflalo
    Deng/Xavier Henry
    Zbo/Taj
    Marc Gasol/Kurt with Asik in the d-league

not bad at all. only lost 7 games so far, and only simmed 3 out of 36 total games.

I might have made a huge mistake. I forgot to turn off autosave when i was trying to see which trades are good.

So I traded Ray Allen and Ariza for Rudy Gay.

PG - Conley
    SG- Rudy Gay
    SF- Battier
    PF- Ibaka
    C- Gasol

Might have shot myself in the foot...

**** IT. DAMN. I just redid the entire game, didn't like playing with Gay.

I redrafted and my team looks 10000x better. That last team gave me hell, can't believe what I went through to make them better.

PG - Billups
    SG- Kobe
    SF- Wright
    PF - Ibaka
    C- Marc Gasol

Billups > Conley
    Kobe > Ray
    Wright = Ariza
    Ibaka
    Marc Gasol

automatically better than my old team by a lot.

I tried playing Association Mode, but it pissed me off because when I actually played a game, I could only control my SF. It reminded me of MyPlayer, except worse because my starting SF was Ron Artest, so it wasn't too much fun.
    Is there a way to make it so that I can control the entire team or am I stuck only controlling one position?

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I tried playing Association Mode, but it pissed me off because when I actually played a game, I could only control my SF. It reminded me of MyPlayer, except worse because my starting SF was Ron Artest, so it wasn't too much fun.
    Is there a way to make it so that I can control the entire team or am I stuck only controlling one position?
    Go into settings, and take Position Lock off.

2-1 with my team so far. My old team would always be down double digits in the 4th and Ray Allen would drop multiple 3's to win the game. This team actually competes all 4 quarters.

Kobe - 32.6 ppg
    Billups - 18.4 ppg.

Will attempt to trade some of the benchwarmers for draft picks or other players with a small contract.

Have no use for Moon and Amir Johnson.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

My association I have a thread on is 3-0.

Its pretty good, although I don't like Emeka Okafor, and Carl Landry isn't all that.

Bismack Biyombo is way better. I wanna give him more minutes.

Also, players get fatigued pretty easily it seems.

Traded Billups for Ray Allen and forced Ray to play PG. I got used to his shooting release and it's easier for me to score with him. Sorry Billups

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    My association I have a thread on is 3-0.

Its pretty good, although I don't like Emeka Okafor, and Carl Landry isn't all that.

Bismack Biyombo is way better. I wanna give him more minutes.

Also, players get fatigued pretty easily it seems.
    You can change the fatigue rate in the "Attributes" section under 'Game Slider'. The sliders I downloaded off 2K Share had the fatigue rate at 36, and anyone I tried to play essentially the entire 1st quarter would be down to low 70's or high 60's energy, so I upped it to about 45.

Banned

Bump

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

So 45 is good? Or bad? Like with 45, would they get more fatigued than whatever its at?

Good High School Starter

hey guys i just traded my 2k9 for a new copy of 2k10 (i know theyre old and this is off topic but w/e). the reason i traded 2k9 was because for the 4 months i had the game, i could never connect to the 2k servers so i couldnt play only. now i bought 2k10 and im getting the exact same message. this is paraphrased but it says cant connect and check your network cable and setting. why is this shit happening? how do i fix it?

at first i thought there was something wrong with 2k9 but im getting the same with 2k10 and this is brand new. and i dont think it has something to do with the servers. they cant always be down. i get this message everytime i try to go on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    hey guys i just traded my 2k9 for a new copy of 2k10 (i know theyre old and this is off topic but w/e). the reason i traded 2k9 was because for the 4 months i had the game, i could never connect to the 2k servers so i couldnt play only. now i bought 2k10 and im getting the exact same message. this is paraphrased but it says cant connect and check your network cable and setting. why is this shit happening? how do i fix it?

at first i thought there was something wrong with 2k9 but im getting the same with 2k10 and this is brand new. and i dont think it has something to do with the servers. they cant always be down. i get this message everytime i try to go on.
    The servers are configured for 2k10 anymore since 2k11 is out. The same thing will happen to 2k11 once 2k12 is out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    So 45 is good? Or bad? Like with 45, would they get more fatigued than whatever its at?
    If you put it higher then they will get tired more slowly