Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: The Matrix is the greatest movie ever made.

This is literally the first time I've ever seen anyone talk sh!t about Einstein. It's basically the same line of reasoning that young/uneducated posters say that in today's game Wilt=Scalabrine. Tell us more how school is unimportant, and kids should instantly pick a career at the ripe age of 6.

You can see that OP repeats each post with the same thoughts, most likely copy/pasting from someone else and changing few words here and there. If you're so knowledgeable about the universe stop posting BS on a messageboard and publish an article about it.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.RapsJays
    This is literally the first time I've ever seen anyone talk sh!t about Einstein. It's basically the same line of reasoning that young/uneducated posters say that in today's game Wilt=Scalabrine. Tell us more how school is unimportant, and kids should instantly pick a career at the ripe age of 6.

You can see that OP repeats each post with the same thoughts, most likely copy/pasting from someone else and changing few words here and there. If you're so knowledgeable about the universe stop posting BS on a messageboard and publish an article about it.
    It doesn't matter because you're wrong and an idiot.

Look as we advance through intellect, older ideas will be replaced by new ones. Einstein's biggest downfall is his unwillingness to accept the Quantum World. The more we understand QP, the less relevant he will be; just like how he made Newton irrevelant before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    It doesn't matter because you're wrong and an idiot.
    Bro, go do your homework and then come back with an actual intellectual argument. I have 15+ years of studying on the matter, even though that's only because I imagined it so.

Like one of the greatest athletes ever in the NBA once said: "The game is 99% mental, 1% physical."

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    1.Stop being an idiot.

2.You need more research on this matter.
    Damn, I forgot to bold an irrelevant part of my post, good catch. But it's ok, since history is only what I make it out to be, I'll imagine a better reality.

Bro, go do your homework and then come back with an actual intellectual argument. I have 15+ years of studying on the matter, even though that's only because I imagined it so.

Like one of the greatest athletes ever in the NBA once said: "The game is 99% mental, 1% physical."
    Troll confirmed.

Albert Einstein once said that intelligence is 99% physical, 1% mental...

Wait... that's not right. It doesn't matter. You're still an idiot and a troll. Come back when you've done your homework. Thanks.

I was being sarcastic...

I was being sarcastic...
    Is this sarcasm or unintended irony? The world may never know.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Look as we advance through intellect, older ideas will be replaced by new ones. Einstein's biggest downfall is his unwillingness to accept the Quantum World. The more we understand QP, the less relevant he will be; just like how he made Newton irrevelant before him.
    So Einstein is a dick because he didn't figure everything out all at once? It's one thing to disagree but another to disrespect.

I was being sarcastic...
    Wat? Notsureifsrus...

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Albert Einstein once said that intelligence is 99% physical, 1% mental...
    He clearly plagiarized that phrase.

   

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    ... That being said...the whole simulation idea is pretty compelling to me. It's just that you don't need Wikipedia-level knowledge of Kant and quantum mechanics in order to argue for it. It's just common sense. The existence of dreams we aren't reliably able to distinguish from what we call "reality" is more than enough to make such arguments.

I mean basically...Matrix was simply the brain in a vat-idea applied to many humans in the context of a shared reality. You don't need philosophical ramblings and half-assed physics for that. Just the assumption that is shouldn't matter for our own perception of the world whether the input is coming through our sensory system or directly applied to the relevant brain areas themselves. So if it's indeed practically possible (no idea if we'll ever find out) to make the brain respond in the same way to artificially created input than it does to data our sensory system is gathering, a simulation isn't that strange of a thought.

An even better example for this than dreams are neurophysiological differences between auditory hallucinations and imagining a voice. In short...using neuroimaging, we can distinguish if someone is hearing a real voice or just imagining a conversation, because brain areas related to processing data coming in from the outside aren't active when imagining a sound. But we can't tell if someone is hallucinating a voice or hearing a real one only by looking at brain images, because even without any input, the brain still activates the same areas anyway. Hallucinations appear real for people, because the brain is doing exactly the same thing as if the voice was really there. Pretty cool.

So in theory, if it's somehow possible to feed the brain with the relevant data, there's not much that's speaking against simulation arguments. ...
    best post i've read here in a while.

3-time NBA All-Star

1. Kant believe we have "instruments" that allow us to view this world. It is the 5 senses. It is the mind that constructs this reality. The core of our reality is made up of light, energy, vibrations, etc. The mind takes the light to create vision, vibration to create sound, etc. It is our mind that creates reality and not the other way around.

2. Planck (a much smarter scientist than Einstein) ran a few experiments that pretty much prove waves (electrical charges) don't actually become matter unless if someone looks at it. He concluded that matter does not exist and our observation of the world is what creates it, hence the creation of Quantum Physics (greatest science of all time).
    C'mon now, this thread will be much more effect with posts like this, OP.

Clearly these ideas are beyond what the average person is exposed to, and since your'e so passionate about this kind of thought why don't you use this opportunity to at least try to share your years of experience and understanding instead of assigning homework and being condescending

Explain what about Eistein physics is outdated... maybe explain or postulate about what carries over and how Einstein's understanding inspired the new school of thought.

Potentially interesting stuff, but if you're looking for well-rearched, hard debate, about quantum physics then this probably isn't the internet community for you. If you're truly passionate and have spent so much time with it, then share it with us so we too can be interested and learn
    Last edited by BankShot; 01-19-2014 at 09:46 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

We can alter the past; what happens in the past is no longer an objective reality but rather a reflection of our present mental state. Sure we might have photos, artifacts, videos, etc. to remind us of the past, but the past is nothing more than just a thought, a memory, it doesn't exist other than our reflection of it.
    But the point is that if we are altering the past why do we still see an interference pattern after the non-observed experiment has been performed? By observing the data we should only see a discrete pattern because our present perception should influence the results of the past experiment no?
    Last edited by miller-time; 01-19-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Damn..

2. Planck (a much smarter scientist than Einstein) ran a few experiments that pretty much prove waves (electrical charges) don't actually become matter unless if someone looks at it. He concluded that matter does not exist and our observation of the world is what creates it, hence the creation of Quantum Physics (greatest science of all time).
    Planck postulated that actual matter is made of energy of discrete levels and that wavelength & energy are coupled. De Broglie proved that years later.
    He hasn't said if you don't look there's no matter, he said if you can not look there's no matter. Meaning if something permits waves from escaping matter can not be formed.

Then I present to you the concept of quantum entanglement. A photon in the present can actually alter one in the past.

What does this mean in elementary terms?

This means our current conscious observation of a photon can alter the "geolical events" of the past. It goes to reason if we can alter physical matter in the past state, we are changing history itself.

This is the reason why some scientists are talking about time travel based on the laws of this new science.
    This whole concept relies on an experiment of which scientists are not yet sure if it's not a failure of measurement.

Interference supports entanglement. Single particles are interfering with themselves, this means the state of one particle is not seperate from another whether it is in the past or present. Therefore the present particle state can alter the past one.

Even history itself is a perception of our current state. This idea is hard to grasp, but it is now an established fact based on numerous experiments.
    We can alter the past; what happens in the past is no longer an objective reality but rather a reflection of our present mental state. Sure we might have photos, artifacts, videos, etc. to remind us of the past, but the past is nothing more than just a thought, a memory, it doesn't exist other than our reflection of it.
    I've seen and heard alot of people talk quantum physics and the mostly get tangled up in philosophical stuff like reality. If you want to apply quantum mechanics you have the accept that there's a descriptive reality, because first and foremost you need math. You can disregard empirism - which you obviously do, but not rationalism. Breaking that down to Matrix. Basically it doesn't matter if you live in the Matrix or outside of it. The mind is always there. Neo is Neo inside and outside the Matrix. His mind behaves the same way.

So basically men are made of materia, which itself is made of energy. That makes it possible to grasp rational concepts. Doesn't matter if our conceived reality is the truth. The mind is.

Maybe it's english not being my first language, but it seems to me that you don't know what interference means.

You say you can alter the past, because the reality is made up of photons that don't exist unless you look and since you can not look into the past the past can be changed.

Damn Einstein got the Nobelprice for proving Plancks postulates. You should study ten more years. You're quoting the duality of waves, which are a concept of Einstein and nonchalantly state that he disregarded quantum physics.

What you mix up is that the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics at some points basically can not co-exist unless you regard concepts that are generally set in stone(as time), but those are mathematical problems not reality issues.

Because Einstein's is better.
    Einstein basically applies Newton's laws of physics(which ones do you mean anyway?), but says that they are not absolut and need tweeking depending on the inertial frame. What Einstein, Lorentz and Minkowsky disregarded are Galilean transformation between frames, which would make time absolut and by that Newton's phsyics.

10 years of studying Kant?