Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3946474849505152 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
    Anyone else like to statpad in this mode ? Aim for quad doubles every game. Wanna be like Neal Bridges
    Na I like to play realistically. I don't want to dominate every game. I want my teammates to be dominant if they can. I used to try and dominate in 2K10 though.

Can't play as a big man. Not touching the ball for 38/48 minutes is ****ing boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Can't play as a big man. Not touching the ball for 38/48 minutes is ****ing boring.
    You have to demand the ball as a big man as they rarely run plays for you even if you got the mismatch. Being a garbage man is also the way to go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Not to mention the constant pushing, suction and forced post ups that go on to prevent you from navigating around the court inside of the 3 point line as well as getting offensive rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Not to mention the constant pushing, suction and forced post ups that go on to prevent you from navigating around the court inside of the 3 point line as well as getting offensive rebounds.
    its impossible to get offensive rebounds, and when i do get under the basket on some hectik cut my teammates shot clock cheeses and gets it in
    The worst part is that you get blocked by PG cause you get up too slowly... i got blocked by aaron brooks... a 7'2" C getting block by a 5'10"(?) PG

Just went ham on the 76ers in the 4th quarter. We trailed the entire game. They outscored us 32-24 in the 1st quarter, by two in the second quarter, and by one in the third. So, we were down 10 going into the fourth, and trailed by as many as 15 in the third. I scored 26 points, dished out 5 assists, and grabbed 4 rebounds in the fourth quarter to pull-off a come from behind win. Scored six points in the final 30 seconds to do it, too.

Banned

Finished my rookie season with my SG on the Spurs and we won a title against Miami. We were down 3-1 but came back and beat them in a Game 7 overtime. Somehow, I won finals MVP despite me having a mediocre series imo. Even throughout the playoffs I only averaged 18/3/3 on 44/31/86.

Playing the Nuggets right now. They really are very cheesy on 3s and rebounding. Dirk got in foul trouble and I'm playing SG so just score to keep my team in. My last game vs Denver was a disaster, total BS. We led by 20 at 1st half then Nugs just went on an offensive rebounding rampage and 3 party. They won the game by 4. SMH

Ugh, I lost 98-91. Faried and McGee are always beasts on rebounding, Gallo, Chandler, and Afflalo always play like Ray Allen.

OMG OMG OMG I finished the game and I saw I'm an All Star!!

How long did it take you to finally work your way up the All-Star voting? When the voting first started it took me a week just to break into the voting. I've got one week left in January and right now I'm fourth in voting but several hundred thousand votes behind Derrick Rose and Deron Williams among East guards, despite averaging 37-7-7-2.5-1 on the season.

Has anyone got the "make 10 straight three pointers" achievement yet? I went 6/6 last game and I'm 3/3 so far in the first half of this game. I'm almost too scared to take another three this game.

Oh, and the Rockets are a pain in the ass. Kevin Martin never misses.

Last time I checked I was below CP3 at All-Star voting. I think he's at 5th place so I was 6th. CP3 didn't even make the team but Curry and Lawson did lol.

I haven't done the 10 straight 3s but I did the 5 3s in 10 straight games. I just shoot 3s when I'm open, which is a common thing.

The last 3 games I started as a SG, I had 9, 9, and 8 turnovers. FVCK I really really really hate playing SG, I can't call plays for the team.

Never mind, it's make 15 straight threes. F*ck that, I think the NBA record is "only" like 12 or 13. I ended up starting 5/5 from three last game, to make it 11 in a row, then missed my next 5 even though they were all wide-open. Three of them rolled halfway down and back out. I'm like you (now) in that I only take open threes which does seem to be about 10-15 times a game. When I first got my 3P rating up to 90, though, I was taking them even if I had a guy standing right in front of me after I caught the ball.

Turnovers, though, man I've got to stop turning it over so much. Probably 2 or 3 times a game I get the ball stolen on a crossover attempt and another 2-3 times a game I try to throw a lead pass to a cutter to the basket and, instead of putting some arch on the ball and leading the guy, my payer just tries to throw a straight line pass through the back of his defender.

My player is at the top of the all star voting, out of all positions in both conferences. Some of the factors I think that go into it are your age, popularity, your rating, and your season stats. My guy's teammate/league/fanbase ratings are 98/100/100. I'm rated a 98, and am having a spectacular season while leading the league in points and steals. I'm not cheesing it either, I'm just barely ahead of Durant in scoring (28.9 vs 28.7). I think if you've been popular for a while that makes a difference too. This is my fifth season and have already won 3 chips and an MVP.

I'm in the middle of a wild game. I'm playing against the sixers, who are THE team to beat in the East and we had to battle it out with them last season in the ECF that went the full count. So we start out cold while they're hitting everything. Every Pacer, including me, struggles to make a basket while we fall behind early. I kept barreling in to the paint to draw fouls just to keep things within striking range in the first half.

5 minutes into the 2nd half, I go nuts. Blocks, steals, rebounding like crazy gets us many extra possessions and puts us behind by 6 points after which Granger and I hit back to back 3s to tie it up. This seems to wake the Pacers up and we finally start playing lock down D while converting on the other end. With 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter we were up by 6 points (70-64) and my stat line is 30/8/2/7/2.

The reason I'm absolutely loving this matchup is because my team is shooting like horse**** but we keep finding ways to gain extra possessions and eventually fought our way back as a team.

Then my wife made me get up so I had to save the game and quit.