Thread: Lol
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #27
Take Your Lumps
Banned

Default Re: Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
When you hold a new born baby do you only think of the biologic processes that made this possible or does something higher stir inside you? When you listen to great music or read great literature does something move inside the depths of your soul that has no explanation? Or are you simply a series of chemical reactions?

You say that as if we can mold our shared reality in this universe to whatever we feel is right or comfortable to us.

You certainly can try and do so, but that doesn't mean your being intellectually honest with our surroundings as we understand them, so far.

Why the rush to latch on to a supernatural explanation? Your questions are valid but you're making some giant leaps in logic in answering them. As man continues to unlock the mysteries of the human brain, it's only a matter of when (not if) we'll begin to form concrete evidence-backed answers to your questions. Why not wait to make that judgement until then? What's the rush?

What happens on that day if the evidence is directly in contrast to your present view of a supernaturally-guided universe? Will you be too self-invested to accept this new reality?

If it turns out that Yahweh or Vishnu are running the show, I don't see myself as having a choice between "believing" or "not believing". If the data shows it to be verifiably true, I'll be sitting in that pew right next to you.

As far as we know *right now*, we ARE a series of chemical reactions. What's wrong with that exactly?

Last edited by Take Your Lumps : 05-24-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote