Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official Nightly game thread.

Hahahah I didnt watch the game. They traded jerseys? Thats hilarious. Yeah mayo had been a godsend. We need a nice vetran pg. I would love to have a guy like billups. Or maybe even t.j. ford. But those guys cant be gotten.
    Apparently there are rumors of the clippers wanting to trade kaman. We should hop on that. They want to make mobley apart of any deal though.

So heres my two cent deal.

Memphis gives critteton, jaric, walker, warrik, and darko.

Clipps give Kaman, Mobley .

I think this will give us a solid front line along with some punch off the bench. We lose some depth and take on some cap room. But whats the point in having the money if we arent going to spend it. We also lose warrik who is coming on strong. But I woluld do this. Anyone else like this deal?

I think it could work

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Kaman and Gasol or Kaman and Arthur in the frontcourt would be crazy. I would love that and we could definitely use Mobley's scoring and three point shooting off of our bench.

I am Chris Wilcox

I don't like the idea of giving up Hak, but I'd love to have Kaman on the team. Kaman, Gasol and Arthur would be nice, though the frontcourt would certainly have to be addressed come offseason/draft time, hell, even before then it would have to be sorted.

We're back at home so hopefully we can get this win tonight vs. the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    We're back at home so hopefully we can get this win tonight vs. the Knicks.
    We got absolutely smashed tonight... For those who watched the game? Any thoughts?

I thought we were pretty good defensively, esp at home, but the Knicks sure took it to us.

I'm thinking we really need a shooter, someone to take the pressure off Gay and Mayo. So far, they've been our best shooters this year. How about Morrsion? I hope we can pry him away from Charlotte. From what I've seen, he seems to at least try defensively, which should be good.

Did we have trouble closing in to NY's shooters? Or did they just have that more scorers than we do? (we only have 3 on an average day)

Conley is just terrible, I wished he'd return to last year's form. And his lack of a jumper is killing us.

We need a point guard! If we could get Felton and Morrison, that would be fantastic. Conley sucks. I keep telling myself that he's in a slump, but that can't be the case the guy just sucks. He shot two threes and didn't even touch iron. Someone explain to me how Jaric comes off the bench in ten minutes and gets more assists than Conley? That's ridiculous. Also I'm not liking how Mayo slows the ball down in transition, holds the ball for like threes seconds and then pulls up for a jump shot. I liked what I saw from Crittenton and Jaric in limited minutes. They definitely looked hungry for some PT. I wouldn't mind if we started Jaric at the point.

@ Mississipi

Nice of you to be in the grizz forum, you and LOJM have breathed life into this board and we really appreciate it.

Regarding Jaric, I would think that he'd have more assists because the game was already over and not much defense is being played. Then again, I didn't watch the game, so your opinion > mine.

Conley seems to play better with a great big man which he could play off from. He seems to struggle with Mayo and Gay. But then, I think Felton would be a fantastic addition, I think he's like a mature Conley. I would still prefer PGs like TOny Parker / Felton / Conley, but having Luke freakin Ridnour would probably win us a lot more games right now.

For Felton / Morrison.. could we give Warrick / Conley? Seems like a fair trade... Bobcats get their PF (lol) but no sense for them to have Conley and Augustin at the point.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    @ Mississipi

Nice of you to be in the grizz forum, you and LOJM have breathed life into this board and we really appreciate it.

Regarding Jaric, I would think that he'd have more assists because the game was already over and not much defense is being played. Then again, I didn't watch the game, so your opinion > mine.

Conley seems to play better with a great big man which he could play off from. He seems to struggle with Mayo and Gay. But then, I think Felton would be a fantastic addition, I think he's like a mature Conley. I would still prefer PGs like TOny Parker / Felton / Conley, but having Luke freakin Ridnour would probably win us a lot more games right now.

For Felton / Morrison.. could we give Warrick / Conley? Seems like a fair trade... Bobcats get their PF (lol) but no sense for them to have Conley and Augustin at the point.
    Yeah it seems as though the Cats are about ready to turn the point guard duties over to Augustin. Conley would make a good back-up to him. He's a solid rebounder and when motivated can get you you 7-10 points a night. It would be hard to get Felton and Morrison though. Maybe we could send Hak and Conley for Felton and filler and then maybe trade a player like Crittenton and see if we can land JJ Redick.

My concern is that Conley should be good than Felton in a short time. So getting only Felton and Morrison is a bad deal for me. I don't know who could we get back, thoug.

Conley is a pretty good with a dominating big man, he showed that playing with Oden. Portland could be interested in him. However, they have few interesting things to offer us in the PG spot, IMO. Sergio, Bayless, Blake? Who would you take?

Conley better than Felton? I don't think so. And if Portland is willing to give up Sergio or Blake, I'm sure we'd gladly accept.

Sergio would be a good fit in the running games, but his defense is awful (yeah, he has improved, but not really a lot). Blake would die here with a coach that has no idea about how to set up an offense. Since the offense is totally in the hands of Mayo and Gay, who cares about the PG, look for a Derek Fisher type of player. Someone that can hit the 3s and defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Conley better than Felton? I don't think so. And if Portland is willing to give up Sergio or Blake, I'm sure we'd gladly accept.
    im willing to take any pg that can shoot the 3 ball consistently to spread the damn floor teams just sag in the paint when conley has the ball

Milwaukee Game analysis

Another close game we could have won if it wasn't for late game mistakes.

Conley finally scored tonight. He did a little bit of everything. Hopefully he can return to the way he was playing toward the end of last season. Gay and Mayo went for a combined 18 of 45. Mayo is becoming a bit of a chucker. He has a terrible shot selection. I'd like to see us go to Gasol more. He had a solid game tonight although he did foul out.

Not airballing my layups anymore Grizzled Mayo's Avatar

Whats up everyone back at last. I told everyone that mayo was the man. And I was right ofcourse We need a damn point guard who dont suck Do the clipper deal We need front court help and we need a point.

Ofcourse now it looks like we might take rubio with the top pick and then trade a few of these guards that have all been busts.