Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Disclaimer: This may become a trade thread. My apologies.

He's really frustrating me this year. If he can't step up his game for the remainder oft he season and the playoffs, I think we need to trade him. I wonder if we could get a talent like Chris Paul back in return? He's going to leave the Hornets anyway.

Even if Rondo tears it up over the latter half of the season, I still believe we should trade him, because he'll stumble back to Earth, inconsistent as hell.

A lot of Celtic fans may come in here and bash me, but I have had enough of Rondo. I do see him as a great young player, but there are just too many limitations to his game. He was supposed to take his game to another level this year to rival Derrick Rose, who has clearly elevated his game. Rondo seems to have regressed from last season.

Some Rondo deals I'd happily do:
    (these are not complete deals, just the framework)
    Denver - Raymond Felton & Nene
    Golden State - Monta Ellis or Stephen Curry and filler
    Indiana - Darren Collison, Roy Hibbert and filler
    Milwaukee - Andrew Bogut and Brandon Jennings
    New Jersey - Deron Williams
    New Orleans - Chris Paul
    Philadelphia - Jrue Holiday and Igoudala or Brand
    Portland - Brandon Roy and Greg Oden

Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Im not even sure Denver will do that trade ...

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

You brand Rondo as inconsistent then want to trade him for Roy and Oden, who are consistently injured.

He is injured, per CSNNE:

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo has not been himself recently, and now we know why.

The Celtics' all-star point guard has been battling a right pinkie injury, one that Rondo said has been bothering him for the past couple of weeks.

Rondo revealed the injury following Boston's 89-85 win at New Orleans, a game in which Rondo re-aggravated the injury and had to leave the game.

"My finger, my hand went numb," Rondo said. "I was a little concerned about it, going back in."

Rondo eventually returned to the floor, with the finger taped up - something he said he has been doing for the past couple of weeks.
    http://www.csnne.com/03/20/11/Rondo-...55&feedID=3945

He's not Kobe, and even Kobe struggled with shooting hand injuries. He needs time off; Delonte looked great last night, he and Arroyo should be able to handle duties for 2 or 3 games to let Rondo rest.

My problem with him is why he still can't shoot. In my opinion, it is not hard to become a good shooter. Not Ray Allen level shooter mind you, just knock down simple spot up and free throw shots. Rondo got Ray Allen and Paul Pierce if he need pointers. I'm sure Boston has excellent shooting coaches too. So I don't know whose fault it is that he still can't shoot. Frankly it boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    You brand Rondo as inconsistent then want to trade him for Roy and Oden, who are consistently injured.
    I would take my chances. The risk/ reward is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    My problem with him is why he still can't shoot. In my opinion, it is not hard to become a good shooter. Not Ray Allen level shooter mind you, just knock down simple spot up and free throw shots. Rondo got Ray Allen and Paul Pierce if he need pointers. I'm sure Boston has excellent shooting coaches too. So I don't know whose fault it is that he still can't shoot. Frankly it boggles my mind.
    With an injured hand he dropped at least 2 long jumpers last night. People really don't watch him and see how much his jumper has improved. it's still a weakness, yeah, but he's hit some clutch ones this year and was at one point shooting 45% (comparable to DRose, Paul, and DWill) from 16-23 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    I would take my chances. The risk/ reward is huge.
    The risk is huge, potential reward is also huge, the problem is, the chances of the reward are tiny. Both have had multiple knee injuries.

Celtics wont trade Rondo, period. I know some fans are frustrated, but injuries and slumps are part of the game, I just hope he'll recover till the Playoffs. While we at it, Pierce is playing beyond horrible now, trade him too?

Banned

the biggest problem with your trade suggestions are that they are all slanted to favor your team. only stupid GMs will agree to any of the trade you mentioned. Rondo is not the equivalent of more than 2 good players. you complain about Rondo sucking yet overvalue his trade value. you truly are of a moron on another level.

Decent playground baller Sweens's Avatar

Rondo's trade value will only represent what you have said if he is able to prove that he is a decent/good shooter, if your point guard can't hit open 3's then you have a problem, obviously him being around other good shooters helps and hinders this, in games it would obviously be better for Allen to shoot the 3, or Pierce if you need to score with the shot clock running down, if the Celtics want to trade him they need to give him the oppurtunity to be that scorer that he can be, that he would be if he was on another team everyone knows he can pass if he can prove he can score as well then some of the trades you ask for might be liable

Quote Originally Posted by Sweens
    Rondo's trade value will only represent what you have said if he is able to prove that he is a decent/good shooter, if your point guard can't hit open 3's then you have a problem, obviously him being around other good shooters helps and hinders this, in games it would obviously be better for Allen to shoot the 3, or Pierce if you need to score with the shot clock running down, if the Celtics want to trade him they need to give him the oppurtunity to be that scorer that he can be, that he would be if he was on another team everyone knows he can pass if he can prove he can score as well then some of the trades you ask for might be liable
    Magic Johnson shot 30% for his career from 3.

With an injured hand he dropped at least 2 long jumpers last night. People really don't watch him and see how much his jumper has improved. it's still a weakness, yeah, but he's hit some clutch ones this year and was at one point shooting 45% (comparable to DRose, Paul, and DWill) from 16-23 feet.
    How he's shooting at one point of time means nothing. %age tells everything. His 3pt and FT %age and attempts don't imcrease from his rookie year and it really should, especially playing with 3 HOFers.

How he's shooting at one point of time means nothing. %age tells everything. His 3pt and FT %age and attempts don't imcrease from his rookie year and it really should, especially playing with 3 HOFers.
    Can't remember the exact point of time but it was when Rose made the Rondo overrated thread. I think it was over a period of 30 games. Why should his 3PT and FT attempts increase when he is playing with better players? If anything, they should go down, like his usage should because the Big 3 demand the ball.

Can't remember the exact point of time but it was when Rose made the Rondo overrated thread. I think it was over a period of 30 games. Why should his 3PT and FT attempts increase when he is playing with better players? If anything, they should go down, like his usage should because the Big 3 demand the ball.
    That means nothing when overall, his 3pt %age and FT% doesn't improve at all. Also, don't confuse FG% with shooting cause FG% includes layups.

Attempt should increase as he's taking more offensive loads from them than before. Yet, it doesn't. That tells me he's still uncomfortable taking it.

That means nothing when overall, his 3pt %age and FT% doesn't improve at all. Also, don't confuse FG% with shooting cause FG% includes layups.

Attempt should increase as he's taking more offensive loads from them than before. Yet, it doesn't. That tells me he's still uncomfortable taking it.
    I really don't want to drag the thread back up again, its overused, but I'm pretty sure it was 16-23 ft, 45%.

Fair enough he should be more aggressive, and needs to be.