Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Homeland

Who else hates Carrie??

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Who else hates Carrie??
    I disliked her early on and I still don't love her but I don't find myself thinking about not liking her while watching the show.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AirMike's Avatar

If you enjoy the show, I strongly reccommend you read The Afghan by Frederic Forsyth

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

this show went down the shtter in S2

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    this show went down the shtter in S2
    You are alone with that opinion. Very alone.

Decent playground baller Immortal Bum's Avatar

still the best show on TV

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    You are alone with that opinion. Very alone.
    The show did get really ridiculously unrealistic in season 2. Some of the dumbest most unexplainable things would happen i.e. Brody killing Walden and is not even questioned about it despite CIA knowing he once attempted to have him killed and was in the building at the time. Watch, I guarantee they won't even address where Carrie was in the 1-2 days after the explosion despite her and Brody being the only two bodies unaccounted for at the time. Still a very entertaining show, but one of the most unrealistic I can remember.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I think down the shitter is a little strong, but I don't disagree that the show definitely had some logistical problems that hurt it a fair amount. That first season was just dizzyingly good is probably the bigger part of the problem. These are the same guys who did 24, which I didn't watch after like season 2 or 3, I can't even remember, but that had a similar problem. They're sort of out to get the most tense thing they can get, and if it paints them into a corner as it often seems to do, they'll just try to write themselves out of it over the next few episodes, and they're sort of asking the audience to bear with them. It's just that as time wears on the corners they paint themselves into just get more and more.

Still an excellent show.

I read an excellent theory once that the show got off the tracks in part because Brody was so good in season one, and won an Emmy for Best Actor, and the whole deal, that they may have wanted to go in a different direction with the show, perhaps even have him die in that bunker, but just couldn't.

The show is shot really late vs. when it airs than almost any other show. And it's something of a known commodity that this group actually reads and listens to what their audience says. They even admit to it, as opposed to most showrunners who claim to not read message boards or listen to reviews or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    The show did get really ridiculously unrealistic in season 2. Some of the dumbest most unexplainable things would happen i.e. Brody killing Walden and is not even questioned about it despite CIA knowing he once attempted to have him killed and was in the building at the time. Watch, I guarantee they won't even address where Carrie was in the 1-2 days after the explosion despite her and Brody being the only two bodies unaccounted for at the time. Still a very entertaining show, but one of the most unrealistic I can remember.
    Brody didn't kill Walden, he only helped. The idea of a computer being able to hack into Walden's heart monitor thingy might not been known to exist so they'd have no reason to think Brody was involved.

As for the 1-2 days that Carrie was missing let's wait until they dismiss it or accept a bs excuse from Carrie before you hate on the show for something that hasn't happened yet.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

The new trailer looked awesome. Brody in a different element and being in hiding is going to be sick. And then the whole investigation is just gonna make it the more entertaining. Can't wait for the new season. So many great shows too (Breaking Bad, Homeland, Boardwalk)

Local High School Star Ol Dirty Bastard's Avatar

Homeland is very entertaining but it did go down a bit in season 2.
    Many plot holes and that whole story arc with the daughter was awful. I also never bought into the carrie/brody love angle but of course that is a big factor to the plot so I just took it for what it was.

Can't wait to see what the writers pull off in season 3.

So apparently the first episode of the third season was leaked and I couldn't help but watch it. Considering the drop in quality in the second half of season 2, I think this showed a lot of potential My thoughts below in white (SPOILERS)

[COLOR="White"]Generally, I liked it. Seems like instead of focusing on terrorist attacks, it will deal with the state of the CIA after the bombing. Claire Danes and Mandy Patankin both killed it and it seems like their relationship will be the core of the show. Brody did not appear in this episode although his family got some screentime (only bad part IMO). Overall, the Carrie-Saul dynamic is very interesting and the current plot is intriguing. Quinn and his boss both look like they're gonna play big roles in this season[/COLOR]

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I love this show. And it's one of the first great series i've watched from the start....i only got into The Wire for example in 2010 after it was already over and I had known about its reputation.

I actually though it would start in the beginning of september...for some reason i thought i remember it starting at the same time that football season started last year. Guess i was wrong tho and it'll start next week.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Carrie from this show has to be the best actress on TV.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Man this show has really honed in on the daughter. I wasn't crazy about her weird b-story last year when they ran over that lady, but now with Brody out of the picture their constant trailing of the family is just weird.

Finally seeing Brody last night was nice, but then it was just an hour of showing how much it sucks to be Brody and Carrie, and "just how horrible these star crossed lovers have it without each other" theme they had going was a lot to swallow out of the blue like that.

It's a ten episode season, and we're three hours in now, and not only do we have no idea who blew up the CIA building, we haven't even seen any effort to figure it out. We need more Saul and Dar Adul and Quinn. Was Quinn sent to kill Carrie? Did he go on his own accord? Who's ordering his dark threatening of bankers? Are Saul and Dar Adul in some sort of dark war for control of the CIA? To me this is the show ... yet we've seen all too little of it.

That scene where Saul berrates the Arab Agent was so out of place it was uncomfortable. There was very little history to suggest the Saul character would behave like that in any way shape or form.