Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    코비=GOAT

Default Re: Colorado boy facing felony charges in airsoft gun mishap

Dropping the gun and it firing isn't a mistake. That's an accident. lol

Does continuously saying "immature thought process" make you feel better about your argument. Cause you're the only one buying that what I'm saying is immature. Obviously you and one or two others disagree, but immature? Really? Where did you learn your argumentative skills? lol

It was a mistake for the kid to aim at his friend and fire. Yes, a mistake. Hence the term "a mistake of judgement".

Go to school. You need it.
    Which is illegal.

No shit it's the DA's right. That's the whole point. He's abusing his right. A lot of stupid things are protected by legal rights. lol
    How is it an abuse? Because they are friends? Because he is young? Because they settled it with an xbox?

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Which is illegal.

How is it an abuse? Because they are friends? Because he is young? Because they settled it with an xbox?
    So you believe any act that is illegal should be prosecuted? That ideology is the reason people went to jail for 20 years because they were smoking a joint. lol

It is an abuse of his power because there is no end game to his prosecution. What does it solve? Nothing. Kids will still make mistakes. What does it do for the specific kid? It will send him to juve and give him a record. But that's fine because you seemingly think this kid can't be corrected at home...you don't know him, but he must be pretty horrible in your eyes to waste this much time and money on him.

King of Chicago DRoseOwnsACamry's Avatar

Which is illegal.

Are you a f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]king police officer or something? Or just a complete dickhead?

sh!t like this is pointless it was a accident that could have gone bad but didnt parties settled all ended up well no need for things to get further, you talk about all stuff illegal should be prosecuted, yet we get dumb fuks like Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton who constantly get caught doing drugs, driving under the influence with mere slaps of the hand or minor punishment. Yet you side with a DA who wants to get involved in a petty accident that was settled right of the bat? Im thinking this DA just wants to make a name for himself or get into the news. As I mentioned there are more crimes that need to be worried about then to spend some time on something this petty.

Quote Originally Posted by DRoseOwnsACamry
    Are you a f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]king police officer or something? Or just a complete dickhead?
    probably just a schist er dick lawyer or both who will probably sue me because I defamed him in the interwebs

When it's an adult, it's one thing, but a kid? come on, now. let him give the x-blox to his friend as "restitution," make the kid do some community service hours, or something. Throwing the book at him at 13 is unreasonable if he has people going to bat for him saying it was a momentary lapse of judgement.

When I was 13, I was playing hustle with a few friends before school and one of my better friends tapped my shot to bring me back down to zero. I turned around to him, laughed, and said "When I come here and pull a columbine, you're first on my list." The next day, I get called down to the principal's office found out a parent overheard it and called the school. Could I have gotten kicked out of school? Sure...they have a zero tolerance policy. But instead of going after me right away, the cops asked teachers (i had all A's and B's and never acted out), the kid's mom (who was a teacher at the school, i went to her house all the time...she thought I should not have gotten in trouble at all), the basketball coaches at the school, and everyone said it was just a stupid mistake, so i only received one day of ISS and was told to watch what I say from then on. Never got in any trouble again in middle and high school. That situation could have ruined the rest of my childhood, and I'm glad there were intelligent adults around that would rather help than punish me.

Petty? He shot his friend in the face in anger... Worst case scenario he could have been blinded. You wouldnt say that shooting someone in the face with a bb gun was petty if the kid was blinded.
    and he didnt shoot his friend with a BB gun

he shot him with something barely stronger than a NERF gun

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Dropping the gun and it firing isn't a mistake. That's an accident. lol

Does continuously saying "immature thought process" make you feel better about your argument. Cause you're the only one buying that what I'm saying is immature. Obviously you and one or two others disagree, but immature? Really? Where did you learn your argumentative skills? lol

It was a mistake for the kid to aim at his friend and fire. Yes, a mistake. Hence the term "a mistake of judgement".

Go to school. You need it.
    The scenario presented was "Had he gotten mad, thrown the gun on the floor, and it misfired, hitting the other kid? That's a split second mistake." Not dropped by accident. Thrown. Mistake, not accident.

Either your reading comprehension is very bad or you're so desperate to be perceived as right that you adjust facts to support your argument.

And as far as going to school? The correct term is a 'mistake in judgment'. And 'judgment' isn't spelled with an 'e'.

Mistakes in judgment land people in really big trouble all the time. Getting behind the wheel after too much to drink? A mistake in judgment. Mistakes in judgment are punishable when they involve another persons safety or well being.

Because the projectile didn't permanently or seriously harm doesn't mean the decision, the choice he made, goes away.

NBA lottery pick

Slver must not have siblings, I can't tell you how many times I've snapped at my brother growing up.

BTW, I have several friends who are lawyers in Colorado.

I asked a couple about this today and their individual responses without knowing what the other said were "That DA is made fun of by other lawyers as a fascist up here" and "I met that guy and the dude may as well be from the movie 1984"

He apparently also tried to pin murder on a 80 year old man who shot an illegal immigrant that was robbing his house and threatening to kill him fairly recently.

The one friend that called him a fascist defended a guy against him that was up for felony sexual assault for the crime of being drunk and peeing on a tree in public.

so..... yea. awesome DA.

Banned

if the kid was white just let off with a warning because i know he did unintentionally and if he's not send him to prison for minimum 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    The scenario presented was "Had he gotten mad, thrown the gun on the floor, and it misfired, hitting the other kid? That's a split second mistake." Not dropped by accident. Thrown. Mistake, not accident.

Either your reading comprehension is very bad or you're so desperate to be perceived as right that you adjust facts to support your argument.

And as far as going to school? The correct term is a 'mistake in judgment'. And 'judgment' isn't spelled with an 'e'.

Mistakes in judgment land people in really big trouble all the time. Getting behind the wheel after too much to drink? A mistake in judgment. Mistakes in judgment are punishable when they involve another persons safety or well being.

Because the projectile didn't permanently or seriously harm doesn't mean the decision, the choice he made, goes away.
    You know your arguement is running out of steam when you gotta resort to spell checking for people.

I'm not desperate to be percieved as right. Most of the people in this thread agree with me.........but I'm sure you're gonna ignore this. lol

And ya, throwing your gun on the ground in anger, not trying to shoot anyone, is an accident. How dense can you be?

Catch ya later, holmes.
    Last edited by Dolphin; 02-02-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Slver must not have siblings, I can't tell you how many times I've snapped at my brother growing up.
    I didnt have any siblings around my age, but I remember snapping at my friends several times, shit just happens.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    and he didnt shoot his friend with a BB gun

he shot him with something barely stronger than a NERF gun
    This. It's dumb to try and correlate the decision made with a non-lethal weapon with that of a lethal weapon. You don't take the same precautions when handling a toy verses handling a weapon.

I wonder if you bump your friend in a go kart race you are displaying a personality trait towards road rage as well.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    So you believe any act that is illegal should be prosecuted? That ideology is the reason people went to jail for 20 years because they were smoking a joint. lol

It is an abuse of his power because there is no end game to his prosecution. What does it solve? Nothing. Kids will still make mistakes. What does it do for the specific kid? It will send him to juve and give him a record. But that's fine because you seemingly think this kid can't be corrected at home...you don't know him, but he must be pretty horrible in your eyes to waste this much time and money on him.
    You keep jumping from different arguments. How is it an abuse of power if what the boy did was illegal?
    It's not a bb gun douchenozzle, it's an airsoft gun. They barely leave a bruise when you shoot them a half inch away from your skin.

What kid hasn't made a rash decision in their life? A friend of mine came at me with a hockey stick, which is much more dangerous. He's in an ivy league school now.

The other kid wasn't hurt, they made up. Just leave it alone.
    Says the guy who thinks getting slipped a roofie is that person's own fault for not being aware
    Doesn't matter if it was a BB or airsoft. And lmfao at barely leaving a bruise at half an inch away. This guy got shot in the eye where it can do debilitating damage.
    Last edited by shlver; 02-02-2011 at 09:14 PM.