Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Bargnani Trade Rumor Thread

You guys are forgetting that Bledsoe is an expirer who is gonna probably get a heavy deal in the off-season that the Clippers may not want to match. So to get back Derozan for him would be good. Then DJ has not at all lived up to potential and is closer to Javale Mcgee territory than the Ibaka that he had the potential to become. They get Bargnani to replace Crawford (who all you guys call a 7 foot Jamal Crawford anyways) and Anderson is just a glue guy to kind of replace an ancient Grant Hill in the rotation.

trading Bargnani as an expirer is likely to bring in more attractive offers.

Unfortunately that opens the door to having him until next deadline day. Let the count down begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    trading Bargnani as an expirer is likely to bring in more attractive offers.

Unfortunately that opens the door to having him until next deadline day. Let the count down begin.
    Any scenario that was gonna leave Bargs on this roster is a MAJOR disappointment to me. At this point i'd have been happy if he was traded for a bag of peanuts and some poutine (I haven't had poutine in a long ass time).

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Any scenario that was gonna leave Bargs on this roster is a MAJOR disappointment to me. At this point i'd have been happy if he was traded for a bag of peanuts and some poutine (I haven't had poutine in a long ass time).
    I know what you mean, trust me, I was trade or bust as much as anyone else. Trying to find the silver lining, a trade in the summer might be better in the long run. Wasn't a fan of the deals on the table anyways. I'd rather not risk long term success for short term satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    I know what you mean, trust me, I was trade or bust as much as anyone else. Trying to find the silver lining, a trade in the summer might be better in the long run. Wasn't a fan of the deals on the table anyways. I'd rather not risk long term success for short term satisfaction.
    I do agree with you though in saying that he'll have more value as an expirer than he does right now with his value at an all time low. I'm just so sick and tired of him I wish he was gone.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Deadline over: Bargnani still a Raptor

So the off season looms...

I think "any trade potential" ends up being a simple function of Luxury tax hell.

Which teams are going into 2013/14 as repeat offenders of the tax and have the escalation clauses kick in ?Which teams are desparate to get under so they dont have mutli years in the tax?

I guess...

Miami
    LA Lakers
    Dallas
    NY Knicks
    Brooklyn
    Chicago.

So any deal to be made is in those 6 off the top of my head ; of course it could involve a 3rd team.

Still may center around Smith with the Hawks where the Raptors and Barges expirer are the 3rd party.

Saw these online yesterday:

The only reason I am ok with keeping Bargnani is because there is a ETO on the last year of his contract meaning next year would be realistically his last year making big money.

Maybe he will start performing next year knowing it's likely a contract year that will break or make his career. Then we can ship him out of town as an expirer and obtain another piece for our core like we did when we got Rudy for basically the expiring contract known as Jose Calderon.

Next year I can see a deal like Bargnani and Ross for another overpaid, overrated "superstar" if Colangelo is still in control. That's what he does best.

From my understanding ETO is a player option, not a team option. So unless he has something major in the works he's not gonna turn down 11.5M in his final year (2015) to go elsewhere. He's got 2 more guaranteed years. And on top of that he has a 5% trade kicker so he'll be due more money if we trade him.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

From my understanding ETO is a player option, not a team option. So unless he has something major in the works he's not gonna turn down 11.5M in his final year (2015) to go elsewhere. He's got 2 more guaranteed years. And on top of that he has a 5% trade kicker so he'll be due more money if we trade him.
    This really puts his insane extension into perspective, doesn't it?

- Extended him 1 year before it was even necessary (much like Derozan). Thus, BC outbid himself.
    - Player option
    - Trade kicker

The only thing missing was a clause that explicitly states "You are never going to get rid of me over the length of this contract".

Oh for real? I thought it was the opposite way around, which was why I wasn't too upset about not trading him because I thought he was a potential expirer.

We should amnesty the **** out of him then!!

http://www.nba.com/knicks/freeagency/faqs.html
    Team Option - This gives the team the right to extend the length of the contract.
    Player Option - This gives the player the right to extend the length of the contract.
    Early Termination Option (ETO) - This gives the player the right to end the contract early, allowing him to become a free agent.
    Yup. He gave Bargs the full deck of cards on this one. The world is his oyster until 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    The only reason I am ok with keeping Bargnani is because there is a ETO on the last year of his contract meaning next year would be realistically his last year making big money.

Maybe he will start performing next year knowing it's likely a contract year that will break or make his career. Then we can ship him out of town as an expirer and obtain another piece for our core like we did when we got Rudy for basically the expiring contract known as Jose Calderon.

Next year I can see a deal like Bargnani and Ross for another overpaid, overrated "superstar" if Colangelo is still in control. That's what he does best.
    Bargnani for amare will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Toni

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    The Amar'e has been playing lately I wouldn't even mind that deal. But they would have to take Kleiza and Fields back as well.

Bargnani, Fields, Kleiza for Amar'e

That's the only way I would make a trade for Amar'e. Bad contracts for a bad contract.

Edit: Now I read that Amar'e will be getting more knee surgery and will be out 6 weeks. I retract my last statement.

Link: https://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone
    Last edited by Toni; 03-09-2013 at 09:03 PM.