National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Top 10 greatest football nations in football history.

1. Brazil - 5 wc titles. Record 7 final games. Reached the semi's 11 times and have played in every world cup. Home of legends like Pele, Garrincha, Ronaldo and Romario. 8 Copa Americas (has not played the main team in most Copa Americas).

2. Germany - 3 wc titles. Record 7 final games. Reached the semi's a record 12 times. 3 euro titles. Home of legends like Beckenbauer, Muller, Fritz Walter and Mathaus.

3. Italy - 4 wc titles. Reached the wc final 6 times. Reached the semi's 8 times. 1 Euro title. Home of legends like Baggio, Maldini, Meazza, Baresi and Pirlo.

4. Argentina - 2 wc titles. Reached the final and the semi's 4 times. 14 Copa Americas. Home of legends like Maradona, Kempes, Di Stefano, Batistuta and Messi.

5. Uruguay - 2 wc titles. Reached the final 2 times and the semi 4 times. A record 15 Copa Americas. Home of legends like Varela, Enzo Francescoli, Schiafinno and Suarez.

6. France - 1 wc title. Reached the final 2 times and the semi's 5 times. 2 Euro titles. Home of legends like Kopa, Fontaine, Platini and Zidane. Played in 10 world cups. Played in 14 wc's

7. Spain - 1 wc title. Reached the final once and the semi's 2 times. 3 euros. Home of legends like Suarez, Zamora, Brutagueno and Iniesta.

8. England - 1 wc title. Reached the final 1 time and the semi 2 times. No Euro titles. Home of legends like Chalrton, Matthews, Banks and Gerrard. Played in 13 wc's.

9. Netherlands - 0 Wc title. Reached the final 3 times and the semi's 4 times. 1 Euro title. Home of legends like Cruyff, Van Basten, Gullit and Robben.

10. Czech Republic \ Czechoslovakia - Reached the wc final 2 times and the semi's 2 times. 1 Euro Title. Home of legends like Masopust, Nedved, Pl
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 06-20-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Default Re: Top 10 greatest football nations in football history.

Can anyone change the title to: "Top 10 greatest nations in football history"?

Italy has 4 wc's

Dunking on everybody in the park

I'd put Uruguay lower too, they were champions in 1930 (first world cup) and 1950. And have been pretty much irrelevant since then other than 2 semi appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Italy has 4 wc's
    Of course. Typo. Thanks.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    1. Brazil - 5 wc titles. Record 7 final games. Reached the semi's 11 times and have played in every world cup. Home of legends like Pele, Garrincha, Ronaldo and Romario. 8 Copa Americas (has not played the main team in most Copa Americas).

2. Germany - 3 wc titles. Record 7 final games. Reached the semi's a record 12 times. 3 euro titles. Home of legends like Beckenbauer, Muller, Fritz Walter and Mathaus.

These guys are nice but lets be real, Klinsmann passed all of them the day he became coach of USA.

Klinsmann = GOAT german footballer

And he has the USA to thank.

Quote Originally Posted by B-hoop
    I'd put Uruguay lower too, they were champions in 1930 (first world cup) and 1950. And have been pretty much irrelevant since then other than 2 semi appearances.
    You could argue France and Spain ahead of them, but not England in my opinion. After the title in 1950, Uruguay reached the semi's in 1970 and 2010, that's the same amount as England in their whole history. And they did win a Copa America in 2011 against Brazil and Argentina first teams.

Oh sure, was thinking of moving France only actually. Spain and England both suck historically. Spain were always chokers.

I think i'd put Italy 2nd too. As a Brazilian i feel our biggest historic rivals is the Azzurra. Germany has the better team now, and maybe historically, but Italy has all the flair.
    Last edited by B-hoop; 06-20-2014 at 12:15 PM.

I would put holland higher and put spain in the bottom of the list.

People say they were a great offensive team. Yes. They scored 7 goals in the 2010 world cup. What a pretty football.

Love Live Life

If we're talking "football" then USA is #1

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    If we're talking "football" then USA is #1
    You mean the sport where the only players who put their foot to the ball are considered weenies?

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Klinsmann = GOAT german footballer

Not even top 10.

Fritz Walter
    Uwe Seeler
    Franz Beckenbauer
    Gunther Netzer
    Wolfgang Overath
    Gerd Mueller
    Lothar Matthaeus
    Karl Heinz Rummenigge
    Paul Breitner
    Bernd Schuster
    Stefan Effenberg

Just off the top of my head. There are more.
    Last edited by Gr; 06-20-2014 at 07:58 PM.