Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Starcraft 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    When I first bought the game I went Platinum. After that season ended I played sporadically and now I'm stuck in bronze too.

What race/strategy do you play?
    Terran/mech unless against Protoss, then I stick with MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    unfortunately as good as the cinematics looks, the multiplayer so far isn't living up to standards for the release date D:

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    unfortunately as good as the cinematics looks, the multiplayer so far isn't living up to standards for the release date D:
    disagree.

hots is bringing in new aspects to the game and changing up playstyles. although there are still major issues that will need to be addressed as hots grows (terran isn't different enough, zerg production is awful, protoss are too deathball-y and air is poorly balanced) it's a different game and will bring new eyes and new players. there's changes to be made in the WoL meta but I think it's fine time for hots. even if hots were to release today i'd be happy enough.

plus the ui is far superior, they're adding better features (watching replays with friends etc) and improving.

if you expect perfect balance on release you'll not only be severely disappointed but you're dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    disagree.

hots is bringing in new aspects to the game and changing up playstyles. although there are still major issues that will need to be addressed as hots grows (terran isn't different enough, zerg production is awful, protoss are too deathball-y and air is poorly balanced) it's a different game and will bring new eyes and new players. there's changes to be made in the WoL meta but I think it's fine time for hots. even if hots were to release today i'd be happy enough.

plus the ui is far superior, they're adding better features (watching replays with friends etc) and improving.

if you expect perfect balance on release you'll not only be severely disappointed but you're dumb.
    You shouldn't expect perfect balance ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    You shouldn't expect perfect balance ever.
    seeing how blizz cares too much about low league players and most of them are low league players i can't.

disagree.

First of all in what way did i indicated that i wanted perfect balance? And
    if you expect perfect balance on release you'll not only be severely disappointed but you're dumb
    how did this make sense? but you're dumb? Not sure if personal attack or fail grammar.

"Up to standards" does not equal perfect balance. Blizzard is still trying to change up the meta game for HOTS whilst the release date is due soon how is that up to standard?

you said the multiplayer "was not up to standards" i'm not sure what you meant so i assumed you were discussing balance.

"Up to standards" does not equal perfect balance. Blizzard is still trying to change up the meta game for HOTS whilst the release date is due soon how is that up to standard?
    no shit they're trying to change the metagame. how is them trying to improve the game during a beta test not up to standards?

you said the multiplayer "was not up to standards" i'm not sure what you meant so i assumed you were discussing balance.

no shit they're trying to change the metagame. how is them trying to improve the game during a beta test not up to standards?
    because the game is due in a month and bit more. Closer it is to release, the less dramatic changes can occur or they would like it not to happen. Can you honestly say that blizzard has done enough right now to stop dramatic changes and go tiny balance changes?

Not really understanding your point.

SC2 is a constantly evolving game with a metagame that can shift with the slightest discovery in unit/timing manipulation or patch. Look at how Queen Range 5 changed literally everything (except PvP, TvT, and PvT) for the majority of 2012. An adjustment of 2 range to a 150 mineral unit opened up the most overpowered lategame composition in the games history.

A year (hell, probably even 3-6 months) after HotS releases it will be entirely different then when it came out, it was the same with WoL.

I don't know why this is a bad thing, it's what makes SC2 the most exciting game in the world to me. I really do not understand what you are getting at

Constantly evolving is not exactly a good thing. Those changes were made to address imbalance issues. Zerg have a difficult time to deal with hellions cost effectively in the early game without making extra defenses whilst the terran can secure a natural easily and a quick third maybe.

Even then these are little changes that are meant to be made after a game is released and I have no problem with that.

Maybe it's because I'm a zerg player and honestly zerg looks about the same right now. Except we will get harrassed more often, viper doesn't come out till hive tech, SH are extremely heavy investments that essentially bottle neck your other tech, mutas rendered completely useless against terran, skytoss was impossible to beat when executed properly (will see how the new 4 supply void will change it) and ultras and viper are the late game comp now due to the fact that blords are hard countered by tempest and terran's new thors.

There are obviously positives for zerg such as the viper, hydra changes, new ultra (despite losing that burrow charge which i thought was great) and maybe the new burrow research on hatch but honestly thats about it.

HOTS had so much potential when they first revealed the units but they took so much of the interesting stuff out in my opinion.
    Last edited by eriX; 01-24-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Constantly evolving is not exactly a good thing.
    Disagree so much.
    Those changes were made to address imbalance issues. Zerg have a difficult time to deal with hellions cost effectively in the early game without making extra defenses whilst the terran can secure a natural easily and a quick third maybe.
    That's the argument but it did too much and made zerg too good against early harass.

Even then these are little changes that are meant to be made after a game is released and I have no problem with that.
    That's not a little change it changed the scene entirely. Not as big as what's going on in HotS mind you but HotS is beta so that's understandable.

Maybe it's because I'm a zerg player and honestly zerg looks about the same right now.
    Try playing terran.

There are obviously positives for zerg such as the viper, hydra changes, new ultra (despite losing that burrow charge which i thought was great) and maybe the new burrow research on hatch but honestly thats about it.
    Try playing terran.

HOTS had so much potential when they first revealed the units but they took so much of the interesting stuff out in my opinion.
    Agreed a little bit. Some of their initial ideas were so awful (moving burrowed banelings)

Disagree so much.

That's the argument but it did too much and made zerg too good against early harass.

That's not a little change it changed the scene entirely. Not as big as what's going on in HotS mind you but HotS is beta so that's understandable.

Try playing terran.

Try playing terran.

Agreed a little bit. Some of their initial ideas were so awful (moving burrowed banelings)
    Maybe you misunderstood but constantly evolving in terms of changes made for balance is what i meant. How is that a good thing?

Except zerg had no early harassment to speak off so that's a fair trade.

Did you really just say trying playing terran without even trying to explain yourself? Yes terran only technically have one extremely powerful new unit that requires no micro at all whilst forcing the opponent to constantly micro for it.

Terran had the most balanced units in term of the race that addition new units just seemed redundant i.e. the mini thor warhound or the OP shredder. But lets not act like the battle hellions are useless or the new medivac ability, the new thor ability, reaper and imrpoved raven.

You have so much more early game potential and meta game whilst zerg still have the exact same meta game as far as i know. Why? because all the units come after lair (SH) and hive (viper/ultra).

DeMuslim killing it in HOTS

DeMuslim vs DRG

DeMuslim vs Random Korean

Promoted to #1 Silver League today!

was #1 Bronze before the promotion, didn't expect such a huge jump.