Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Bob Marley Appreciation Thread

The only role model I ever had is Bob Marley... The only person I ever respected enough to model my life after...

Bob Marley is a champion and the definition of a free human being.. I love this dude (no homo) one love

Revolution

Thought I'd make a thread for Bob ... Love respect..

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread

brotha you're right you're right you're right you're right, you're soooo right.

Actually listening to Zimbabwe as I read this.

Don't sleep on Peter though, the militant man's Bob.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

bob can always get me out of a bad mood are we listing our favorite bob songs in here? if so:
    rat race
    concrete jungle
    easy skanking
    sun is shining
    three little birds(def puts me in a good mood)
    in no particular order, but rat race is def my favorite "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Actually listening to Zimbabwe as I read this.

Don't sleep on Peter though, the militant man's Bob.

I can always depend on Izzo to know what Im talking about

   

just today in the square they had a free reggae performance... couple of bob

I am a Bob Marley fan. He made some amazing music.

But fill me in, other than smoking hella weed and making good music, what else did he do to make you look up to him and want to model your life after him? I genuinely don't know him as anything but a musician and a bud smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    I am a Bob Marley fan. He made some amazing music.

But fill me in, other than smoking hella weed and making good music, what else did he do to make you look up to him and want to model your life after him? I genuinely don't know him as anything but a musician and a bud smoker.

Bob wasnt just a weed smoking music maker... He was an inspiration.. he got shot trying to bring together 2 opposite parties vying for power in Jamaica.

He was really about that FREEDOM and if you listen to what he says in his songs?

you will understand the depth of the struggle that the underclass has to endure.

here is a video detailing his concert in jamaica where he risked his life of some political bullsh*t

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Bob wasnt just a weed smoking music maker... He was an inspiration.. he got shot trying to bring together 2 opposite parties vying for power in Jamaica.

He was really about that FREEDOM and if you listen to what he says in his songs?

you will understand the depth of the struggle that the underclass has to endure.

here is a video detailing his concert in jamaica where he risked his life of some political bullsh*t
    not only did he get shot he performed 2 days later when he was asked why he was still performing he responded "The people who are trying to make this world worse aren't taking a day off. How can I?"
    btw sheed im sure you already know this but he lived in wilmington thats literally 5 minutes from my house. been a bob marley fan since i was a toddler my grandmother used to sing him and play it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    not only did he get shot he performed 2 days later when he was asked why he was still performing he responded "The people who are trying to make this world worse aren't taking a day off. How can I?"
    btw sheed im sure you already know this but he lived in wilmington thats literally 5 minutes from my house. been a bob marley fan since i was a toddler my grandmother used to sing him and play it for me.

I have heard about the connection to Delaware..He worked in a dupont plant when he lived in the states (thats what I remember).. I think there is a Bob Marley day event they hold hold every year, right?

much respect.. to him and his fam..

bob marleys music has surrounded me my whole life. i grew up on reggae, and it was mostly bob, and that kinda irked me. there is probably no artist who is more of a face of one genre then bob is to reggae.

goat of goats, but its a shame a lot of his fans don't really listen to other reggae artists. kinda like eminem fans

One of the issues Im truly disappointed with black folks is our failure to promote Bob Marley.. Black radio made a conscious decision to shut him out because his message and look was so "radical" ... We had disco back in those days and I cant be mad at the disco talent (EW&F and others) but I blame black radio for not promoting Bob marley.. I was robbed and I am mad about that.. I go to concerts for Bob... Guys like barret (family man) and some of his former band members show up and I dont see any black folks there!! White people are more in tune with what Bob meant to the world than black folks.. Props to the white folks I see at the concerts they know what time it is.. Blacks folks, we dropped the ball on a true legend

Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    bob marleys music has surrounded me my whole life. i grew up on reggae, and it was mostly bob, and that kinda irked me. there is probably no artist who is more of a face of one genre then bob is to reggae.

goat of goats, but its a shame a lot of his fans don't really listen to other reggae artists. kinda like eminem fans

Peter Tosh is my boy too. (he's like the militant alter ego of bob.. the guy who says what bob wouldnt) .. I also love alot of roots artists from burning spear to israel vibration... I like Delroy wilson and alot of other roots reggae artists...

I agree, it dont stop wit bob, he just introduces people to the culture

oh yeah thats right. can't believe black americans didn't show love for him. i remember hearing he had to open for the commodores. now commodores are classics themselves, but bob is in a league of his own.

   

another thing that kind of reminded me of bob... just saw it yesterday. artist is koren shadmi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I have heard about the connection to Delaware..He worked in a dupont plant when he lived in the states (thats what I remember).. I think there is a Bob Marley day event they hold hold every year, right?

much respect.. to him and his fam..
    yeah he also worked at the chrysler plant. and the festival is called the annual peoples festival i went a few years back it was pretty cool bunch of reggae bands and caribbean food and people smoking everywhere.