Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

i dont get it...is the ASG mode DLC or in the game? otherwise what are the pre-order perks??? does anyone know?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    i dont get it...is the ASG mode DLC or in the game? otherwise what are the pre-order perks??? does anyone know?
    From my understanding to this point, the Dunk Contest and 3pt. Shootout will be exclusive to the pre-order DLC. The All-Star Game may be on the disc even without the DLC, but I'm not sure if it'll have the accurate court art and jerseys. I'd like to think this package would be made available for those who do not pre-order, but nothing like that has been mentioned thus far.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Only pre orders get ANY all star content.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I don't think that's true. I think non-pre orders will still get the All-Star game, but without some of its bells and whistles. For instance, if I recall correctly, those without the pre-order DLC will not have access to Houston as the site for the All-Star Game. It'll be the previous year's site.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-27-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Banned

The all star stuff will still be in the game as normal. You just won't have dunk contest/3 point shootout because they took out blacktop mode

wow if its pre-order only im gonna be cheeeeeeeeeeeesed

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    wow if its pre-order only im gonna be cheeeeeeeeeeeesed
    I feel it's clearly a big business and publicity move on their part, trying to illicit as many pre-orders as humanly possible. I think this may be why we've been left in the dark as to whether folks will eventually be able to access these features on their own if they do not pre-order. 2K doesn't seem to want people to know whether it'll be available outside of pre-order or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I feel it's clearly a big business and publicity move on their part, trying to illicit as many pre-orders as humanly possible. I think this may be why we've been left in the dark as to whether folks will eventually be able to access these features on their own if they do not pre-order. 2K doesn't seem to want people to know whether it'll be available outside of pre-order or not.
    that and no competition makes it more likely people will just get bored with the regular content and then buy it anyways

sometimes i wish nba live was back so that 2K would actually put out a stellar game. all these frills but there are so many things still wrong with the game and now you wanna make me pay an extra few bucks for something that should already be included? 2k is trippin

They will release the 3PT and dunk contest as DLC, I promise you. 800 microsoft points is my bet. They're scaring people in to preordering the game by being vague about it.

Why the hell would you would want that goofy ass Dunk Contest ANYWAYS is my question.

Also: Dynasty edition looks dumb as ****. The only good thing from it would be the box art.

source?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

i generally pre order anyways, probably wont effect me.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Okay a generic all star game is obviously in the game as always.... but for the dunk contest, 3 point shooting and implementation into My Player mode.. you need to pre order. As Fiasco said though I'm willing to bet this is a way to scare people into pre orders and they will release it for a fee later of 10-20 bucks. May as well get it with the game though IMO.

3-time NBA All-Star

One can only assume that the active posters in this thread are going to be getting this game the day it comes out.... so the whole pre-order/ASG deal shouldn't really be an issue. If we're gonna buy it on the release date, why not pre-order (usually $5) and guarantee the extra content?