Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast

Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RG2OU-fLuM

Highlights from last night, 25 points and 18 rebounds, in the absence of Kevin Love.
    Not so bold prediction: He will be a 20/10 guy in the NBA.
    Clearly not as good as Al Horford and Tyson Chandler........

****ing hilarious. Of course, that's coming from the same moron that claimed Pekovic was a scrub that could never make an NBA roster when he was in Europe.

Then claimed that he would never be more than a 3rd string center in the NBA all up until last season........this ****ing gabepizza guy is unbelievable with his level of trolling.

It's truly astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Clearly not as good as Al Horford and Tyson Chandler........

****ing hilarious. Of course, that's coming from the same moron that claimed Pekovic was a scrub that could never make an NBA roster when he was in Europe.

Then claimed that he would never be more than a 3rd string center in the NBA all up until last season........this ****ing gabepizza guy is unbelievable with his level of trolling.

It's truly astonishing.

1st off I never said those things.

2nd it's one regular season NBA game, lets see Pek get selected to an All-star game or an all-NBA team, than we can compare him to Horford or Chandler.

Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza

2nd it's one regular season NBA game, lets see Pek get selected to an All-star game or an all-NBA team, than we can compare him to Horford or Chandler.
    Mate, I don't think you are a troll like EL claims, but you put too much emphasis on stats and accolades. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes the eyetest can be the most relevant part, I watched Tyson Chandler live in Turkey in 2010, and even tough I can see that he has improved, he isn't remotely as good basketball player as Pekovic. He is 30 year old center that hasn't developed any kind of true post game, he is a great fit for a contending team as he goes straight for the dunk when open and can catch lob passes and of course play great defense.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RG2OU-fLuM

Highlights from last night, 25 points and 18 rebounds, in the absence of Kevin Love.
    Not so bold prediction: He will be a 20/10 guy in the NBA.
    Those aren't the highlights of Pekovic game. That's just scoring - great, no doubt, but merely one facet.

Boxing out both Josh Smith and Al Horford... shutting down all driving guards at the free throw line while Dante stealthy destroys all hope of alley oop... showing defensive rotations to be powerful and skilled... those are the true highlights but above all - that sequence right near the end of the game, where the T-Wolves forced the turnover on 24 second violation.

There was literally no shot on the court and when they finally passed to zaza Pekovic displayed absolute domination, forcing him clear to the out of bounds line. There was nothing for the Hawk to do but hand the ball to the ref. He's displaying defense clear to the perimeter at last!! And did it perfectly too. Pekovic looked just like a champion heavyweight boxer with his opponent on the ropes.

One of the best defensive sequences I've seen in a long time

Yeah this guy is for real

Serious playground baller

Pek raped horford last night. Our bigs are soft as **** so I am not surprised at all. Actually I was kind of expecting it. I would love to have to hawks go get him in the offseason. He is the low post scorer that the hawks desperately need.

YES YOU DID. MANY TIMES.

You are a joke to anyone here with basketball knowledge, if you are still trying to claim Chandler and Horford are better than Pekovic. You have some serious mental problems.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-09-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Mate, I don't think you are a troll like EL claims, but you put too much emphasis on stats and accolades. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes the eyetest can be the most relevant part, I watched Tyson Chandler live in Turkey in 2010, and even tough I can see that he has improved, he isn't remotely as good basketball player as Pekovic. He is 30 year old center that hasn't developed any kind of true post game, he is a great fit for a contending team as he goes straight for the dunk when open and can catch lob passes and of course play great defense.
    Are you ****ing kidding me? gabepizza is KWSN-Men at interbasket.net - you are seriously saying you don't think this guy is a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Those aren't the highlights of Pekovic game. That's just scoring - great, no doubt, but merely one facet.

Boxing out both Josh Smith and Al Horford... shutting down all driving guards at the free throw line while Dante stealthy destroys all hope of alley oop... showing defensive rotations to be powerful and skilled... those are the true highlights but above all - that sequence right near the end of the game, where the T-Wolves forced the turnover on 24 second violation.

There was literally no shot on the court and when they finally passed to zaza Pekovic displayed absolute domination, forcing him clear to the out of bounds line. There was nothing for the Hawk to do but hand the ball to the ref. He's displaying defense clear to the perimeter at last!! And did it perfectly too. Pekovic looked just like a champion heavyweight boxer with his opponent on the ropes.

One of the best defensive sequences I've seen in a long time

Yeah this guy is for real
    And the funny thing is that this guy played against Ioannis Bourousis for years in Europe and could never get the better of him. He was always played evenly or even outplayed.

gabepizza has said about 500 times in this forum that Bourousis is not even good enough to make an NBA roster. Which was the same exact thing he used to say about Pekovic. Oh, and the whole, "anyone that says differently is an insane and delusional Euro ***."
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-09-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Local High School Star magicmanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fos
    He's been getting some burn lately and he's just a beast. He's a bull in the paint. That is all.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    And the funny thing is that this guy played against Ioannis Bourousis for years in Europe and could never get the better of him. He was always played evenly or even outplayed.

gabepizza has said about 500 times in this forum that Bourousis is not even good enough to make an NBA roster. Which was the same exact thing he used to say about Pekovic. Oh, and the whole, "anyone that says differently is an insane and delusional Euro ***."

Yes let's take your word on that. Everything you post has always been proven to be true so therefore there is no reason for people to question anything you post.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Another 20 12 game and Kaman is in the guy's rear view mirror. I wonder what the Wolves will do to keep him.

I suppose the team's collapse is being written off due to injuries. It's been interesting to note the complete skid by the Wolves since they have had a different head coach; they've gone from a great defensive club to dismal at best.
    Nah. Can't be Porter, he's had such a stellar coaching record wherever he's gone: fired by the Bucks, signed on with the Pistons who immediately plunged, fired by the Suns.... now, standing in for the Wolves, he's ripped off 4 straight Losses.

But, in spite of all the obstacles, Pekovic continues to impress.

Yes let's take your word on that. Everything you post has always been proven to be true so therefore there is no reason for people to question anything you post.
    You are such a ****ing dumb ass that you can't ever shut the **** up when you should.

News flash moron, they both played in the Greek League for years. News flash idiot, there are box scores for those games.

God damn, you are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Another 20 12 game and Kaman is in the guy's rear view mirror. I wonder what the Wolves will do to keep him.

I suppose the team's collapse is being written off due to injuries. It's been interesting to note the complete skid by the Wolves since they have had a different head coach; they've gone from a great defensive club to dismal at best.
    Nah. Can't be Porter, he's had such a stellar coaching record wherever he's gone: fired by the Bucks, signed on with the Pistons who immediately plunged, fired by the Suns.... now, standing in for the Wolves, he's ripped off 4 straight Losses.

But, in spite of all the obstacles, Pekovic continues to impress.
    Definitely not as good as Horford or Chandler........

Quote Originally Posted by hon