Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A lot of these guys are pure SCUM (like T.O.)
    while TO is a media whore and runs his mouth far too much, scum is a bit much to call him. he doesnt get into trouble off the field aside from talking smack. in fact, he is no worse than Shaq ego wise.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

the NFL is full of punks. A lot of these guys are pure SCUM (like T.O.) yet the NBA is the one with the "image problem?" ARE YOU SERIOUS? DON'T YOU ****ING TELL ME THAT THE NBA IS FULL OF PUNKS! The NFL is FULL of trashy individuals, egomaniac coaches, and conversative souless owners. I have come to the conclusion that football fans only care about being entertained, and that they could care less about the trouble that players get into. If you can run a great post route, who really gives a **** if you beat your wife, eh? This holds true in most sports. If you can perform well, noone cares about your baggage. However, it seems to be more true in the NFL. I like football, don't get me wrong. However, I am sick of some of these THUGS that should be behind bars, NOT earning millions! I am also sick of the perception that the NBA is somehow worse than the NFL pertaining to this!
    We need a rant forum.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    TO will own the nfl. just wait and see. media has been on his ass ever since he inked that contract. he'll be ready for the opener

yes skywalker, still untouchable...
    They've been on his ass for years. And rightfully so, dude is a head case. After all that trouble he has been through, he can't be on his best behavior? To at least shut people up? Season hasn't started and he is already ****ing up. My man is a serious problem. His talent doesn't out weight the negatives he brings to a ball club. He never shuts up either. He's got a great work ethic, but he feels too much is owed to him. TO is a clown.

Default re:

T.O is all about letting the world know how good he is, and how much he wants the ball throw his way on every play. The problem is, when you become a team cancer, then that is the first thing people think of when your name is mentioned. Honestly, when his name is mentioned, people think "o yeah, the headcase," instead of "wow, that guy can play"

Superstar

the media are the ones that want TO to get in trouble. many many players sit out practices but when TO does it..hell freezes over. TO has been in the league for a long time, hes a workoholic, gives 110% everytime he practices, if he doesnt feel comfortable playin, the so be it...get off him. and what happend to portis in preseason..why would TO risk his ass in a meaningless game like that...steve smith and hines ward havent done **** either, but no one talks about them... im sick to death with the controversy, let it be..and let him play. fined $9500, lots of players get fined...oh well. TO will be ready to start for the opener, and he solidify his rep as the #1 WR in the nfl.

Last edited by hotsizzle; 08-28-2006 at 02:00 AM.

Are you kidding guy? The media make profit with stories from TO, but TO does the screwing up... ALL BY HIMSELF. He feeds all of that stuff, because he is such a dumb ass. The reason why "hell is freezing" over is because T.O. just built a rep the past few years of literally breaking apart HIS OWN team, as opposed to other teams. No matter where he goes, he ****s stuff up. After destroying a Championship club in the Eagles, with all his bitterness and selfishness... turning on his "friend" and overall great guy and pro bowl calibe player in Donovan McNabb... wouldn't you want to show up on the next squad on the absolute best behavior? He was lucky he got to play football this year, let alone get the kind of contract he got. He's lucky, and this is how he starts to repay the Cowboys organization? It goes way beyond selfishness. It is down right sickening what this guy does. And it wasn't just "missing practice". He publically criticized the organization saying "they pushed him too hard." Do a Justin Timberlake, cry me a river... build a bridge and get over it. You're a grown ass man, complaining like that. Nothing is ever good enough for T.O. He forced a trade to the Eagles from the Ravens, so he could play with McNabb...then he puts McNabb on blast. The guy is just beyond shady. He's an *******. The thing is, he shouldn't be having to be fined. He should've been on his best behavior. He missed 3 consecutive team meetings. All b/c he is something beyond 'selfish'. "I love me, some me." That tells the whole story about one, Terrell Owens. He's a head case, and assclown. I don't see Marvin Harrison getting fined. He just shuts up, and plays. And balls out of control. T.O. is talented, but he ruins it by being such a douche bag. Word is he might not even start. Bill Parcels is going to break his dumb ass in, and hive him come off the bench as the #3 reciever. We'll see if he keeps talking if the main man, Bill Parcels puts his ass on the bench. Haha, it's going to be hilarious to see T.O. crash and burn AGAIN in the comming months.

I actually usually stick up for T.O., even though he's a Cowboy and I'm a Redskins fan. But, I mean.......he's just ridiculous.

the NFL is full of punks. A lot of these guys are pure SCUM (like T.O.) yet the NBA is the one with the "image problem?" ARE YOU SERIOUS? DON'T YOU ****ING TELL ME THAT THE NBA IS FULL OF PUNKS! The NFL is FULL of trashy individuals, egomaniac coaches, and conversative souless owners. I have come to the conclusion that football fans only care about being entertained, and that they could care less about the trouble that players get into. If you can run a great post route, who really gives a **** if you beat your wife, eh? This holds true in most sports. If you can perform well, noone cares about your baggage. However, it seems to be more true in the NFL. I like football, don't get me wrong. However, I am sick of some of these THUGS that should be behind bars, NOT earning millions! I am also sick of the perception that the NBA is somehow worse than the NFL pertaining to this!
    Every sport is full of punks.......every sport has punks and good guys, just like pretty much any profession. Don't tell you the NBA is full of punks??? They are all over the place. What are you talking about?

The bolded part......i know you're just making a sweeping generalization (which I sometimes do too), and you can criticize T.O. for a lot of things, but he's neither violent nor a criminal. He's just one of the biggest a-holes I can remember in sports. Yet and still a part of me wishes he were a Redskin, but I just don't think he'd succeed anywhere now. Maybe the Patriots.

Superstar

TO does screw up but the media overblows it. so what if he had a hamstring problem and he couldnt practice. alot of players miss practices..but he stands out instantly.

although Im a cowboys fan, Im a big philly fan too and mcnabb is one of my favorite players. in fact, i think he'll be a candidate for mvp this yr but anyways, what happend in philly was not only TO's fault. mcnabb somewhat refused to share the spotlight and owens wanted his cred too. TO is somewhat sensitive (a trait he developed from childhood experinces)...when mcnabb came out and said right before the superbowl, that "TO ready or not, we'll have a good chance to win...we didnt need him to get this far and if hes not ready for the superbowl, we will be" or something like that. that lit a flame under TO..even though mcnabb was somewhat justified to say so..because it gives the team more confidence and such..but TO took it a wrong way. it was just stuff like that ruined the TO in philly thing. it was somewhat relative to what happend in LA but was more hostile and public.....because of TO's big mouth.

why he missed team meetings? I dont know, but imo, he shouldnt play preseason if he doesnt want to...I just think that alot of blame has been placed on TO cuz of his big mouth, the same mouth that intimidates DBs

guy does need to get it together...this is his last chance. i admire his work ethic, his talent, and yes, his arrogance. i just hope he gets his head on straight before its too late. situation is more than what it actually is though imo.

What is the media supposed to do??? They have a job to do.........report the news using quotes/history/events. I'm a sportswriter (now) and we get paid to print and write what people tell us. Write stories around it.

How can you honestly blame the media?? It's a big story. He just signed a big contract after getting kicked off one team, and now he's missing all of preseason, practices, and skipping meetings. He has a track record of controversy, bringing attention on himself whether it's touchdown celebrations or PUBLICLY criticizing both his starting quarterbacks. It's one thing for you to think he gets too much blame. But that's for you to decide, not the media.

I hate when people blame the media. They report information. That's what they do.

I just think that alot of blame has been placed on TO cuz of his big mouth, the same mouth that intimidates DBs
    His mouth doesn't intimidate DBs......his ability does.

He stands out not because he missed practice (he did more than miss practice) it's because he runs his mouth, and talks out of turn about things he has no business mentioning. I.E. Saying Dallas pushed him too hard. Then having the balls to tell his coach, who is a HOFer, that he won't play in preseason. Like hell you won't. The coach needs to evaluate talent, and where everyone fits. Then, T.O. has the brass to say "Well I have been playing for 10 years, check the tapes." That is down right disgusting. He's a ****. Complains about being pushed too hard. What kind of baby is this kat? You're a football player? You don't say that in the media, period. And it isn't like he just missed a practice. He missed a team meeting, an offensive coordination meeting, and a rehab procedure. Just because he wasn't feeling right physically, doesn not give him right to miss meetings. He just blew them off, without giving the team a reason. It isn't blown out of proportion. His dumb ass should've known he was going to be under a microscope...based of all the stupid things he has done the past few years. But it doesn't take a microscope to see all the stupid things T.O. does. His head, or lack there of, gets in the way of him being truly great.

T.O.'s situation isn't even close to the Shaq/Kobe situation. Shaq and Kobe did not go to the outrageous extents that this crazy *******, Terrell Owens goes. They didn't skip practices and team meetings in order to immaturely try to prove a point. They didn't get suspended by their team, and miss half of a season. They exchanged verbal jabs, but they didn't go for knockout character blows like T.O. does. When it came down to it, Kobe and Shaq respected each other. And WANTED to like each other. And for the most part, winning 3 rings... they were pretty damn successful. T.O. hasn't had any success like that, but he feels it is his right to tell you and upper managment how he feels, and what he deserves. He's delusional. No way around it. He's a bonnafide nutball.
    Last edited by The Mamba; 08-28-2006 at 02:49 AM.

Superstar

when i talked bout the shaq/kobe scenario...i was relating it to TO/Mcnabb in the sense of two superstars that cant get along with each other off the field/court. when things went wrong on the field/court, situation blew up. it was alot more hostile and sickening to see in philly but it rose from the same branch..two players with big egos..TOs mouth is what put it over the edge.

If TO keeps his mouth shut and just plays...would be all good. i still think this will just roll over and TO will end up dominating. i would hate to see a talent wasted like that

Im not justifying the stuff TO is doing...any sane person would know this the stuff hes doin is wrong. but i think the media is makin too much of a deal outta of it than it is. but i guess its TOs fault for his past rep..i just wanna see him play
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 08-28-2006 at 03:22 AM.

NBA Superstar

The above posts are just too damn long to read, so if I rehash things excuse me.

T.O. APOLOGISTS NEED TO GIVE UP, THE GUY IS A COMPLETE CANCER.

SF
    PHILLY
    DALLAS

The difference this time is Parcells. Bill dont give a falk and will make TO suffer mentally by completely ignoring him. This shyt is gonna get real wild.

What I really want to see though is Charlie Murphy doing T.O. skits on Chappelle Show...that would be funny.

TO is a strange guy.....

his talent is incredible, but I dont understand why at this point he doesnt get himself in order and stop being a distraction at least for a season...

I think he was hurt by being released from the Eagles...He likes to run his yap and then redeem himself on the field....but with the Eagles suspending him last year, he was deprived of his chance to show his positives...that makes it even more baffling as to why the guy doesnt fall in line with Parcells....Bill Parcells could really help TO reach that level of achievement that Hall of famers get to....But he is playing more games for some odd reason...I enjoyed having TO on the Eagles, but he had worn out his welcome and it was time for him to go....These recent developments have Eagles fans and the team alike snickering to ourselves...The guy is insane...i like TO's competiveness, but he is overshadowing his play with his off the field non-sense....Its makes less sense for him to be this way...for all the negative attention he gets himself, he may as well be commiting crimes and wyldin out.....

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

TO's rep precedes him. He's the only player in the NFL who can be a distraction by resting a injured hamstring.

It' sad that he doesn't get it yet like Randy Moss now gets it. Moss realized that what ever he does/says the media will shape into what they want it to be. So rather than just be himself without thinking he now carefully plots out his words/actions.