Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2027282930313233 ... LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    you missed my point though. they freed up cap space with the deal, then they take on Billups and his guaranteed 4 years, 46 mill contract which takes him well into his 30's. To me, this type of deal would only make sense if they expect Billups to make them a serious contender, which I don't think will be the case.
    Only time will tell, it's the nba. Anything can happen.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

you missed my point though. they freed up cap space with the deal, then they take on Billups and his guaranteed 4 years, 46 mill contract which takes him well into his 30's. To me, this type of deal would only make sense if they expect Billups to make them a serious contender, which I don't think will be the case.
    I said the same thing way, way earlier in the thread. billups is owed 36 million over the next three years. then he has a team option of 14 million. dice has two year 7 mill a year contract to. and even they by himout, that still counts against the cap.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

You missed the point that with the Camby trade they still got something along the lines of a 10 mill TE around 10 mill I'm pretty sure. So with the Camby trade they got that TE and got to sign a rising star in J.R Smith. Then I guess they deicided they wanted to try and get better and traded an expriring A.I for Billups and Dice(Who is said to be baught out) Basically its hard to tell what the front office of the Nuggets are thinking, if you havent found that out by now

Decent college freshman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IdoCLk3kCo

AI WITH great sense of humour..hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    You missed the point that with the Camby trade they still got something along the lines of a 10 mill TE around 10 mill I'm pretty sure. So with the Camby trade they got that TE and got to sign a rising star in J.R Smith. Then I guess they deicided they wanted to try and get better and traded an expriring A.I for Billups and Dice(Who is said to be baught out) Basically its hard to tell what the front office of the Nuggets are thinking, if you havent found that out by now
    which is why i said it doesn't make sense...

I think if McDyess is bought out and resigns with Detroit, David Stern will do something to prevent that scenario happening again. Its happening more and more, and it really belittles the concept of trading.
    Maybe increase the period of time to sign with the previous team from 30 days to 365 days.

which is why i said it doesn't make sense...

Yeah It dosent make a whole lot of sense but its coming around, If Nene can stay healthy we gain more on the offensive end, as Camby never played in the post at all, We loose a bit on the defensive end but we will have to play better team defense as we no longer have our anchor. Then we got Billups for A.I the contract is kinda stupid as Billups has a pretty long contract left, but we needed a point guard badly and thats what we got, we lost scoring but with Melo and J.R thats not a problem , our bench we loose scoring as well but LK should be able to pick up some slack. We also have a pretty big TE and Carter will longer be starting. Its all starting to make sense know before It was confusing but its coming around and I think they still want to compete. But like I said before Its the Denver Nuggets front office so you can never be to sure. But its not as bad as your making it seem, cause it does make sense atleast for right now

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti

AI's always been one of my favorite players (with the exception of him torching my team over the years) and I wish him the best of luck in Det.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I said before Its the Denver Nuggets front office so you can never be to sure. But its not as bad as your making it seem, cause it does make sense atleast for right now
    That's the thing, I never said it was horrible or it doesn't help the team. Sure I think bringing in Billups will improve the Nuggets at least for the time being. What I don't understand is bringing in such a big contract for someone who isn't going to make you a championship contender. Is Billups enough to make this team better than the Lakers? Hornets? Spurs? Rockets? My personal opinion is no. And a yes answer to those questions would be the only thing which would in my mind justify this trade.

That's the thing, I never said it was horrible or it doesn't help the team. Sure I think bringing in Billups will improve the Nuggets at least for the time being. What I don't understand is bringing in such a big contract for someone who isn't going to make you a championship contender. Is Billups enough to make this team better than the Lakers? Hornets? Spurs? Rockets? My personal opinion is no. And a yes answer to those questions would be the only thing which would in my mind justify this trade.

We have not seen them play yet, but if I was a betting man then I would say no it wont put them past those teams. But on the other hand we get into the playoffs a hell of alot easier then we would have. And know with a backcourt of Billups and Jones(or J.R smith) we improve like crazy, we had A.I and Carter before you realize how small that is lol and how bad defensively that is? Melo K-Mart and Nene is not that bad on the defensive end and Billups and whoever is going to start at the 2 will be medicore atleast. So we could maybe pull up an upset but who knows have you seen them play? and we all know what you see on paper is not always what you get. I'm just happy that there trying to improve instead of just sitting back and saving money. I either wanted a chance to compete or a complete blowup and so most Nugget fans I think will justify this trade

Decent college freshman

Maybe he'll rock a red sleeve rather than the very likely blue?

it looks like dumars head on fat alberts body