Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: The Horrible Play By Ricky Rubio Continues

Quick Points:

- Rubio didn't play well this two games. FACT. He played very nice defense and made the team run an up tempo offense, just that.
    - His game his more suitted to NBA, or it as suppose to be. Everyone that watch european basketball and NBA basketball knows that.

- There's americans that their game translates much better to european basketball because of IQ and toughness than others. In my opinion guys like Luke Walton, Stephon Curry or Jason Kidd would be better players than Monta Ellis, Danny Granger etc ..

- Euroleague, let's make a deal .. when Rubio plays poorly in NBA you can create 2353536 threads about him ok? Just give him a try.

Why don't you put Calderon stats too?

one2
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    So when did Canada become the 51st state?
    Officially of course it never did.

But we all know Canada lives close to American borders which makes somewhat the extension of the US.

It was even suggested that the NBA may get a team in Mexico. And Mexico is like the unofficial 51st or 52nd state of the US.

Stern said he would never expand outside of North America.

Quote Originally Posted by one2
    Officially of course it never did.

But we all know Canada lives close to American borders which makes somewhat the extension of the US.

It was even suggested that the NBA may get a team in Mexico. And Mexico is like the unofficial 51st or 52nd state of the US.

Stern said he would never expand outside of North America.
    Stern actually talked at length recently (on Bill Simmons, in a press conference about the lockout, many place) about European expansion. You're just absolutely wrong. There are about 10 places in Europe that may get a team and none in Mexico.

Stop making up lies. The ridiculous lying in this forum is not fun anymore. Spanoulis got into a personal feud with the coach over his sick mother.

His stepfather died and his mother became suicidal. She tried to kill herself and was committed. Spanoulis requested to be let off the team to move back to Greece to attend to her.

Van Gundy refused to allow it. Spanoulis became very pissed and then started complaining about it to management and he was then permanently benched for the season and never allowed to return to see his mother.

He had to move his mother to Houston to take care of her, and even then was never allowed back into the rotation by van Gundy.

Do you have any idea how much of a freaking dickhead it makes you out to be that you keep posting shit about that guy and how he could not play and handle the NBA?

Grow the hell up. Damn. This forum has gotten way out of hand.

A lot of people would have personal issues and be depressed and angry if that happened to them. So STFU already about it. Jeezus Christ.
    What a total load of shit. He just sucked. Several times they gave him a chance and put him out for extended minutes, and he was just awful. He tried to do more than he could. (He'd try to dominate the ball while he was out there.) his body language was also horrid, anytime he got taken out, anytime he missed, etc. It ranged between GET ME OUT OF HERE and **** YOU COACH.

He just sucked. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Don't think Rubio will ever be a star, probably a better Goran Dragic or a Rick Brunson

But he does have the potential due to his age and how well he has done at times.

He should have played in the NBA when he was 19 yrs.old. He didn't even improve in the last 3 years.

Just look at younger european players like Jonas Valenciunas putting some excellent numbers and great impact on their respective teams. Rubio is no longer a protege. He needs to improve his offensive game, and learn how to shoot if he wants to survive in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    About to get proven wrong again. Ready? Step by step this time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuproLeague

Following me so far? In the 2000-2001 season, Euroleague was split into two leagues. Same teams, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuproLeague_MVP

So, that season, when the Euroleague was split between two leagues (the SuproLeague and the ULEB), Nate was one of the two MVP's. So, I guess technically he was co-MVP, but still, MVP of Suproleague and pronounced the best American player in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Huffman

Edit: Forgot the obligatory picture:

What is your IQ? Like 45? 50 maybe?

Nate Huffman was NEVER Euroleague MVP and what you posted there even confirms that.

Explain to me how the freaking hell he could have been MVP of Euroleague in 2001 when he did not even play in Euroleague that season.

Let me idiot proof it for you, since at max, your IQ is clearly not higher than 70.

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2001

As you can see from the official website of the Euroleague, he did not even play in the league during the season YOU claim he was the league MVP.

Now Mr. genius explain to me how the hell you can win an MVP award without even playing in the league. It is obvious that you are a true moron.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-03-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Quick Points:

- Rubio didn't play well this two games. FACT. He played very nice defense and made the team run an up tempo offense, just that.
    - His game his more suitted to NBA, or it as suppose to be. Everyone that watch european basketball and NBA basketball knows that.

- There's americans that their game translates much better to european basketball because of IQ and toughness than others. In my opinion guys like Luke Walton, Stephon Curry or Jason Kidd would be better players than Monta Ellis, Danny Granger etc ..

- Euroleague, let's make a deal .. when Rubio plays poorly in NBA you can create 2353536 threads about him ok? Just give him a try.

Why don't you put Calderon stats too?
    You totally overrate Rubio. I bet that both of us could beat him in a head to head game.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    What a total load of shit. He just sucked. Several times they gave him a chance and put him out for extended minutes, and he was just awful. He tried to do more than he could. (He'd try to dominate the ball while he was out there.) his body language was also horrid, anytime he got taken out, anytime he missed, etc. It ranged between GET ME OUT OF HERE and **** YOU COACH.

He just sucked. Get over it.
    You don't even know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He should have played in the NBA when he was 19 yrs.old. He didn't even improve in the last 3 years.

Just look at younger european players like Jonas Valenciunas putting some excellent numbers and great impact on their respective teams. Rubio is no longer a protege. He needs to improve his offensive game, and learn how to shoot if he wants to survive in the NBA.
    Valanciunas is a third string player on Lithuania's national team. He was also just an average level Euroleague player for Rytas. OK on offense, good on the boards, and one of, and maybe even the worst defensive rotation center in the Euroleague.

Sure, he is definitely a better player than Rubio is at this time. But you greatly exaggerated how good Valanciunas is in Europe.

Euro still on this shit huh LOL

Banned

Anthony Parker MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Anthony Parker MVP
    Derrick Rose MVP - now that is just embarrassing.

National High School Star

The NBA game is so much less physical than the Euroleague and it's much more wide open and very easy for point guards to flourish. Even ones that can't shoot can get MVP consideration in the NBA. I think Rubio will take to the NBA style well in time.

One thing that is certain is that he can absolutely play man to man defense very very well.

3-time NBA All-Star

if Spanoulis was really that good. How come he didnt transfer to another team

You totally overrate Rubio. I bet that both of us could beat him in a head to head game.
    Maybe. I like the way he play, it's true.
    But give him a try, give him 2 years in NBA or so ..