Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Same game as last two but for 60$
    And new shot meter is somewhat iffy, you cannot make a created player from a foreign country anymore

Buying the new console won't be feasible for me ATM, should I Trade this crap in?

Seriously wasted my money (my fault for not doing more research). Might as well have bought 2k13 or 2k14.

Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Yeah it's a total scam. If they wanted to release anything, they should simply release an official "season update" DLC for 10/15 bucks or something with the updated roster/commentary/jerseys.

No need to put that on shelves at full price.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yeah it's a total scam. If they wanted to release anything, they should simply release an official "season update" DLC for 10/15 bucks or something with the updated roster/commentary/jerseys.

No need to put that on shelves at full price.
    It's my first time buying a 2k game so it's not too bad I guess but why the hell can't you create a player from a foreign country? That sucks.
    If I trade this is in for older versions is there a way to get current rosters on 2k13 or 14?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    It's my first time buying a 2k game so it's not too bad I guess but why the hell can't you create a player from a foreign country? That sucks.
    If I trade this is in for older versions is there a way to get current rosters on 2k13 or 14?
    You'd have to update it yourself because after a while 2K closes the servers for each game. I think the 2K13 one is closed. And also, the My player in 13 freezes during the 3rd season. I skipped 14 because of how many problems there were with 13 but I wanted a new basketball game.

And to create a player from a foreign country, just find the name of the country in alphabetical order. They don't have every country but they have most major countries aside from Canada (I think) because its in North America. They might have cities in Canada instead.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    You'd have to update it yourself because after a while 2K closes the servers for each game. I think the 2K13 one is closed. And also, the My player in 13 freezes during the 3rd season. I skipped 14 because of how many problems there were with 13 but I wanted a new basketball game.

And to create a player from a foreign country, just find the name of the country in alphabetical order. They don't have every country but they have most major countries aside from Canada (I think) because its in North America. They might have cities in Canada instead.
    No dude when you go to create a player the options aren't in alphabetical order anymore. It's sorted by NCAA conference

Look I've learned now that when I get my own apartment (hopefully soon) ill need to get a Xbox one and the corresponding version of this game, but for now I'm fine with this if I could just make international players!

No dude when you go to create a player the options aren't in alphabetical order anymore. It's sorted by NCAA conference

Look I've learned now that when I get my own apartment (hopefully soon) ill need to get a Xbox one and the corresponding version of this game, but for now I'm fine with this if I could just make international players!
    Damn thats stupid, in next gen its exactly how it was. EA needs to step up and create some competition so 2K can't put out half assed glitchy games that focus on presentation rather than gameplay

Damn thats stupid, in next gen its exactly how it was. EA needs to step up and create some competition so 2K can't put out half assed glitchy games that focus on presentation rather than gameplay
    Yeah for sure. I sent them an email hopefully it will get fixed in an update. I'm using a friends xbox 360 ATM, how is it on next gen? Actual improvements?

Yeah for sure. I sent them an email hopefully it will get fixed in an update. I'm using a friends xbox 360 ATM, how is it on next gen? Actual improvements?
    Hard to tell, I've only played 5 games. The teammate AI does less of the "hold ball until shot clock expires" stuff and will even pass to you even if you're a scrub. Its also easier to move without the ball. I used to get bumped and stuck all the time in 13. I still get bumped and have to fight for position but I rarely get held.

The MyGM mode is like association on steroids e.g. you have to balance your relations with the fans, the media, your players, your coaching staff, your training staff, your financial department and your owner. Your staff and finance department have traits of their own e.g. they might like to talk which affects your relationship with the media. Its heavy at first but I quite like it.

As I say, I haven't played 2K15 on current gen so I don't know what that has or doesn't have.

I've noticed teammates play smarter yeah so that's something. Like I said since I haven't bought 2k before its not really that bad for me. I just want international players and ill be solid. I already created a pretty decent version of young Kareem/Lew.

Seems like that's the norm with all publishers/devs these days

OK I've played more games now so I feel more qualified to give a short review.

It really is 2K13 with a few things added or changed here and there.

[LIST=1][*]The game still feels scripted e.g. if you're not in rebounding position, the CPU will miss and the man you're guarding will get the rebound and score[*]Commentary is the same (as 2K13!), exceptions being traded players, retired players and players who weren't in 2K13 e.g. Wiggins.[*]No crowd atmosphere. You get the occasional chant of "three" or "DE-FENCE" late in a close game but thats it. Even in a stadium like MSG or the Rose Garden. [*]Help defence is still a myth. I have to be a C otherwise the paint is a lay-up line, even a time like Memphis[*]When a play breaks down the CPU still dribbles/holds for the remainder of the clock and shoots over a defender instead of passing[*]Too much emphasis on guard play (isolations and pick and rolls) and not enough on big man play (low post). Your starting stats as a C are much lower in comparison to a PG e.g. hook shot vs jumper[*]Still haven't fixed the speed glitch[*]Your character will still do/not do animations you didn't want/wanted e.g. stuck his hands out instead of jumping for a rebound[/LIST]

Instead of addressing these issues, they do things which are nice for 5 minutes then get forgotten like adding cheerleader dances at half time.

This being said, the saving grace of the game s MyGM IMO. Its got so much depth its unreal. You have control over almost every facet of the organisation.

And bear in mind this is the PS4 version, supposedly next gen. My first 2K game was 2K11 and the only time I've felt there was a real noticeable change was going to 2K12

I picked up 2k15 for my PC and enjoyed it, yet still end up playing 2k11 on the PC anyway. So much more fun.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

I have this game for both the PS3 and PS4. I was also irritated when I couldn't create a player from a Country rather than only a college.

To be honest, I am actually now more annoyed with the PS4 version. Is it possible to edit the roster or create a team on the PS4? I have created a player but I can't find any option to place him anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    To be honest, I am actually now more annoyed with the PS4 version. Is it possible to edit the roster or create a team on the PS4? I have created a player but I can't find any option to place him anywhere.
    There is the roster creater in the options menu, there you can edit/create rosters.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    There is the roster creater in the options menu, there you can edit/create rosters.

Ok, thanks for the info. I could swear I already viewed that and nothing happened. I wonder if it's because I bought and downloaded the game from the Playstation store that it would contain some glitch? I appreciate your help and will go back and double check though.