Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Worst Jazz draft pick in history

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    aside of the gasol brothers, most europeans guys never really fit in the US or the nba, the change of language and way of life is just too tough or they get spoiled as soon as they get their first paycheck.
    Nah you look at players like Dirk,Yao,Gasol,Nash,Fernadez, Calderon and the other effective European players you can see that their games are much more fit for the nba then the typical white american. Overseas you're just taught differently as opposed to being in America where everything is based off athleticism. And the Paycheck thing doesn't make sense they pay you alot more overseas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Yea on that topic. I really do think White American's should take the Brandon Jennings route and get developed overseas because; european players aren't more athletically gifted they just have more polished offensive games when they come into the Nba and they can do it all especially on the offensive end. I think that would definitely help white players to be effective.
    I think the biggest problem with white guards, or college players in general is that they get forced into stupid roles that don't really fit in the NBA. Its seems almost like college coaches only want a white kid that can shoot, and unless you have a never ending energy supply like reggie miller or a little versatility like Ray Allen, then you aren't going to do anything in the NBA in that role other then shoot spot up shots. Or a guy like Cole Aldrich is forced into a defensive center role when hes not really big enough for most NBA centers. I think a lot of NBA talent gets wasted in college because the systems are just too different. I think NBA players would come out a lot better if we let a few guys come out of high school and the rest go to Euro or the D-League.

Quote Originally Posted by ak47smohawk
    It's too early to tell if he'll be worse than Bochardt or Luther Wright.

Either way, worst lottery pick by the Jazz that I can recall.

Overrated

As a Jazz fan for 15+ years this is ridiculous, I think we should hire kevin pritchard as our GM and get shit done.

instead we take the route of not wanting to contend for a title.

Patterson, George, Aldrich, Henry wouldve all been better choices. Im just disgusted.

Not airballing my layups anymore Tez62's Avatar

He's not unathletic or a terrible defender. BFA is a baller

Banned

He was the best white player in the draft, is it a surprise that Utah picked him?

Raps, Jazz, and UCONN rosonviyavong's Avatar

Dont Utah need a center?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rosonviyavong
    Dont Utah need a center?
    Not really. They have Okur, and hes one of the better scoring centers in the league, and there wasn't really anyone that would fit the mold of Utah's offense, especially since Okur is the only starter who can spread the floor for Utah.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Utah needed someone to Cover Boozer's Place incase he leaves. Unless they are planning on keeping him, this was a Bad Pick. Their front Court's lunch and dinner will be eaten every day.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Not really. They have Okur, and hes one of the better scoring centers in the league, and there wasn't really anyone that would fit the mold of Utah's offense, especially since Okur is the only starter who can spread the floor for Utah.

Okur is more of SF than a center, dude camps out there jacking 3's, Boozer used to clean up his mess on the Boards. If Boozer is gone next season, it will be a long season for them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rosonviyavong
    Dont Utah need a center?
    Yes, very much so.

I think this draft pick doesn't make a lot of sense yet, but will in time.

First of all... they tried very hard to move up to get a center. The reports are out that Utah was VERY aggressive, but had no takers. So they had to go to plan B, and the thing I really like about the kid is that he can handle the ball, and he's tall for the role I expect he'll play. Other than the main pg, Utah always lacks in people who can handle the ball, or they are short. This guy really seems to have a lot of intangibles.

The other centers probably looked like more of what we already have, or long term projects etc. Big guys that you probably can find all over. Even if they're a little better, that's not gonna help Utah enough.

So this pick makes some other guys expendable, adds ballhandling, IQ, heart, and sounds like a guy everyone else loves to play with. I think the Jazz will look to make a trade to get a center, and if we don't end up with one my spring-time, then I'm gonna *****.

The 55th pick is a dunker, athletic, kind of guy that probably can fill the lane and have Deron feed him on the break. A long shot to make the team, but sounds like he might have the body, and athleticism. They said they liked his workout they had with him.

But Gordon should help save money, which should be reinvested to bring in a big man. We'll see.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    Yes, very much so.

I think this draft pick doesn't make a lot of sense yet, but will in time.

First of all... they tried very hard to move up to get a center. The reports are out that Utah was VERY aggressive, but had no takers. So they had to go to plan B, and the thing I really like about the kid is that he can handle the ball, and he's tall for the role I expect he'll play. Other than the main pg, Utah always lacks in people who can handle the ball, or they are short. This guy really seems to have a lot of intangibles.

The other centers probably looked like more of what we already have, or long term projects etc. Big guys that you probably can find all over. Even if they're a little better, that's not gonna help Utah enough.

So this pick makes some other guys expendable, adds ballhandling, IQ, heart, and sounds like a guy everyone else loves to play with. I think the Jazz will look to make a trade to get a center, and if we don't end up with one my spring-time, then I'm gonna *****.

The 55th pick is a dunker, athletic, kind of guy that probably can fill the lane and have Deron feed him on the break. A long shot to make the team, but sounds like he might have the body, and athleticism. They said they liked his workout they had with him.

But Gordon should help save money, which should be reinvested to bring in a big man. We'll see.

you guys just drafted kyle kover part deux by getting gordon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    Okur is more of SF than a center, dude camps out there jacking 3's, Boozer used to clean up his mess on the Boards. If Boozer is gone next season, it will be a long season for them.
    He definitely doesn't camp out on the three point line,even though hes not a great rebounder. And Millsap is a better rebounder then Boozer anyway. Millsap might be a better player then boozer by next season. Hes made huge strides each season so far. What the jazz need is
    1st-More perimeter shooting
    2nd-More athleticism
    3rd- A shot blocker, which probably be a center
    If the Jazz get rid of Okur they have no shooting outside of Korver, who plays on the bench. Then teams would just pack in even more then they already do, and their offense would be screwed.

Broke version of Mike Dunleavy.

Should have been a 2nd rounder, but got picked early because he's white.

Not airballing my layups anymore Tez62's Avatar

Has anybody actually watched this guy play??