Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki 12-of-15, 24-of-24 FT for 48 points in Thunder-Mavericks WCF Game 1!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    True, but Dirk fans are used to it. It will never change. Probably wouldn't even change if Dirk won a title this year.

On ISH alone there was more hate for Dirk than praise. Numerous threads made by Kobe stans and Thunder fans bitching about free throws....which is priceless because the Thunder actually shot 7 more free throws and durant and westbrook combined to shoot 37 free throws....1 more than the entire mavs team.

No matter what Dirk does, he'll never get the same kind of credit. Is what it is.
    Nah, he'll get the credit he deserves if the Mavericks win the title. No one can overlook championships, period.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki 12-of-15, 24-of-24 FT for 48 points in Thunder-Mavericks WCF Game 1!

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Nah, he'll get the credit he deserves if the Mavericks win the title. No one can overlook championships, period.
    Hopefully we'll put that to the test.

It was cool during the game if you missed it. Van gundy said Dirk was top 25 all time and Jackson put him in his top 30.

Really cool to see the mainstream guys recognizing Dirk like that.

Magic Johnson

Hopefully we'll put that to the test.

It was cool during the game if you missed it. Van gundy said Dirk was top 25 all time and Jackson put him in his top 30.

Really cool to see the mainstream guys recognizing Dirk like that.
    I actually think people will overrate Dirk if he wins a title. Same with Durant. Both guys stayed with their teams this summer, and people will point to that and give them undue praise for it.

I actually think people will overrate Dirk if he wins a title. Same with Durant. Both guys stayed with their teams this summer, and people will point to that and give them undue praise for it.
    It'll be hard to overrate Dirk if he wins a title while sustaining this kind of play.

Its going to be really hard to over-rate Dirk if he continues to play like this and wins a title.

Where do you think people would put him all time?

holy hell, what a game.

I get poeple not wanting to compare Dirk to Bird. Heck, I really dont even think their games are all that similar. But after watching Sportscenter, all I know is Wilbon asked if anyone would be offended if he compared Dirk to Bird and Magic immediately said "No."

Then later on, unprompted, Magic said people often talk about an MJ like performance in the playoffs but this was Bird like.

Knowing how much Magic thinks of Bird, that is extremely high praise.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    holy hell, what a game.

I get poeple not wanting to compare Dirk to Bird. Heck, I really dont even think their games are all that similar. But after watching Sportscenter, all I know is Wilbon asked if anyone would be offended if he compared Dirk to Bird and Magic immediately said "No."

Then later on, unprompted, Magic said people often talk about an MJ like performance in the playoffs but this was Bird like.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki 12-of-15, 24-of-24 FT for 48 points in Thunder-Mavericks WCF Game 1

Dirk's a bum, he missed three shots.

I think it was 3 straight possessions in the final minutes with Ibaka on him hands literally to the face, it was jab step, jab step pump fake then shot, all in the same spot.

I think JJ Barera should also get praise for that scoring binge, granted it was Nate Robinson he was lighting up but damn dude was like prime AI

Its going to be really hard to over-rate Dirk if he continues to play like this and wins a title.

Where do you think people would put him all time?
    If Dirk wins a title and obvious finals MVP, he's easily top 20 for me....The Facts would be there...A Ring, Finals MVP, 10+ 50 win season's, top 3 most skilled Big of his era...Yeah.

Every player plays this game for one reason, one goal, a championship, he get's that...I will never bash him again, he would have proved me wrong and I would accept him along with other champions. It takes the heart of a champion to win one...So again, If he wins one, he will never be called soft again IMO...

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    If Dirk wins a title and obvious finals MVP, he's easily top 20 for me....The Facts would be there...A Ring, Finals MVP, 10+ 50 win season's, top 3 most skilled Big of his era...Yeah.

Every player plays this game for one reason, one goal, a championship, he get's that...I will never bash him again, he would have proved me wrong and I would accept him along with other champions. It takes the heart of a champion to win one...So again, If he wins one, he will never be called soft again IMO...
    Yeah, I think Dirk would catapult into most people's top 20 list.

I just think he'd become overrated, maybe not overnight, but in time, especially if the Mavericks were to beat, say, the Miami heat.

Banned

No one on OKC can guard him.

Ibaka = good shot blocker but he can't block the jumpshot of a 7-footer with a high release
    Perkins = too slow
    Collison = too small

Only way OKC can beat DAL is if Dirk has a bad shooting night... which is impossible since he can just shoot over everyone on OKC.

Magic Johnson

So basically the Thunder need a 7'5 monster who's quick and athletic. Good luck.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    holy hell, what a game.

Is this like a black/white thing? Because that's pretty lame. ESPN for the fail again. SCORE!

So basically the Thunder need a 7'5 monster who's quick and athletic. Good luck.
    You make a good point.

Oddly enough, I think the big who has great foot speed, quick off the floor shotblocking, and is above 7 feet with the reach and quickness to potentially seriously bother dirk in wing or post iso's....just so happens to jump center for the Dallas Mavericks.