Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Technically there was never a reboot.

There was the original Superman with Reeves that had 3 sequels. Then there was that quasi- sequel (it follows up after Superman 2) with Routh many years late.

This is the first "reboot." And just like with the Spiderman and Batman reboots, they've changed the stories/villians. Superman faces Zod in this, in the original Superman faced Lex Luther (and then Zod in #2).

I'm very much looking forward to this, although they can't expect to make it dark because that does not work with Superman. It's like if you look up all that Tim Burton Superman stuff with Nic Cage. That movies was into production they had the story, the costumes, the cast, etc. Imagine if that got made. It's actually really cool to look at all that stuff that never became a movie, but it makes you think what that movie would've been like and if we would've ever thought of Superman the same way.

holy $hi nic cage in that supes outfit, the hairline, the hair, wtf glad that didnt get made, the other costumes looks like mister freeze outfit.

You didn't like all star superman Timmy?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpvOT6HJCmg

FU**ING EPIC. Marvel simply cannot fu** with the deep, sorrow filled plots of the DC universe and nobody can fu** with Nolan when it comes to making Superhero movies. This trailer debuted yesterday or day before and was only shown in DKR showings.

I'm still not excited about this movie. Don't think it can work really well.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

FU**ING EPIC. Marvel simply cannot fu** with the deep, sorrow filled plots of the DC universe and nobody can fu** with Nolan when it comes to making Superhero movies. This trailer debuted yesterday or day before and was only shown in DKR showings.
    To be honest, the only thing DC has on Marvel is Batman. Marvel has much better superheroes and is a better company.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    To be honest, the only thing DC has on Marvel is Batman. Marvel has much better superheroes and is a better company.
    Naw... the stories and plots of Superman are just as good as Batman IMO. Besides Superman and Batman are the two most popular superheroes of all time. I just don't see the same depth in origins and story when I look at Marvel... nor the same uniqueness.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 07-21-2012 at 07:37 PM.

I'm pretty sure Marvel's characters are more "realistic" than DC's because of their major character flaws.

It'll be interesting to see if Nolan/Snyder can pull of the dark Superman considering he's the perfect person. Not hating on the movie at all, I'm looking forward to this more than any other movie coming out... but I'm a little worried.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I'm pretty sure Marvel's characters are more "realistic" than DC's because of their major character flaws.

It'll be interesting to see if Nolan/Snyder can pull of the dark Superman considering he's the perfect person. Not hating on the movie at all, I'm looking forward to this more than any other movie coming out... but I'm a little worried.
    When Nolan is involved he's proven there is nothing to be worried about. May not be Batman good but it will be a great movie. I'm not even as big of a Superman fan as many others and I'm pumped as fu**, even more so now after this trailer. People don't realize Superman is the most popular superhero ever. Just because previous movies didn't do him justice doesn't mean he sucks. He has one of the most interesting and unique origins of any superhero/villain.

Melo... generally speaking I agree Marvel makes their characters more "realistic" in the sense that they have more real world problems and are more related to the average Joe... but that doesn't make it any better IMO. Plus the fact that this dude is crab fishing in the trailer and hitchhiking proves that Nolan is going to break him down the way he did Batman Begins. He's going to show us his more human, humble beginnings side.

Melo... generally speaking I agree Marvel makes their characters more "realistic" in the sense that they have more real world problems and are more related to the average Joe... but that doesn't make it any better IMO. Plus the fact that this dude is crab fishing in the trailer and hitchhiking proves that Nolan is going to break him down the way he did Batman Begins. He's going to show us his more human, humble beginnings side.
    I hope so. I get the feeling it's gonna be more like Superman struggling to fit in with humans (along with the whole Zod thing) which if done right would be a great, fresh turn.

Considering the guy looks like the actor from Smallville, i'll be looking forward. I thought the Smallville actor had the best look for Superman.

Looks awesome.

The last great Superman film came out in 1980. Name one DC character not named Batman who's had anything even remotely as good as the Spider-Man, X-Men, and Avengers-universe films in the past twenty years.

That said, I'm kind of shocked at how many people have been rolling their eyes at this trailer and bltching about it. It has that great, down-home country feel that Superman deserves, considering his youth. Supes has deserved a legit reboot, not that bullshit fake-sequel to the Donner films that came out a few years ago.

Hopefully in this one he'll use his powers to actually punch someone, instead of using them to move around really heavy objects.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    The last great Superman film came out in 1980. Name one DC character not named Batman who's had anything even remotely as good as the Spider-Man, X-Men, and Avengers-universe films in the past twenty years.

That said, I'm kind of shocked at how many people have been rolling their eyes at this trailer and bltching about it. It has that great, down-home country feel that Superman deserves, considering his youth. Supes has deserved a legit reboot, not that bullshit fake-sequel to the Donner films that came out a few years ago.

Hopefully in this one he'll use his powers to actually punch someone, instead of using them to move around really heavy objects.
    Number of quality films has nothing to do with the actual stories or potential of DC vs Marvel. Just happened to work out where Marvel stepped up first into the making movies work and churns them out much faster. DC has made a handful of movies where as Marvel has made like 20+ in the last decade. Even more impressive that DC easily has the best of all the superhero movies.

I want Nolan to redo Green Lantern next... and do DC the justice it deserves.

Naw... the stories and plots of Superman are just as good as Batman IMO. Besides Superman and Batman are the two most popular superheroes of all time. I just don't see the same depth in origins and story when I look at Marvel... nor the same uniqueness.
    Honestly, Batman and Spider-Man are the two greatest superheros of all time, when you look at what writers have been able to do with these characters, combined with their jaw-droppingly awesome rouges galleries. No other heroes even come close to having villains as great as these two.