Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chamberlain trying to beat the shotclock! (video)

jlauber and millwad at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

They're the heavyweights, R3 and Reigny on the other hand

NBA rookie of the year

Haha, I'm not at it again, Jlauber is too darn butthurt, no one can even write a thing that's not raising Wilt to the skies without Jlauber hi-jacking the tread to hype up Wilt..
    Last edited by millwad; 08-18-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    They're the heavyweights, R3 and Reigny on the other hand
    Bantamweight ? Reigny alone brings them that low.

RRR3, no hate though.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Haha, I'm not at it again, Jlauber is too darn butthurt, no one can't even write a thing that's not raising Wilt to the skies without Jlauber hi-jacking the tread to hype up Wilt..
    Nah, I get that part... but it just always seems like you guys are more or less angry in each response.

I enjoy the back and forth though, whichever topic it is
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 08-18-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Kobe must have copied his shot selection
    Don't get smacked, nerd.

NBA rookie of the year

HAHA!

Nah, I get that part... but it just always seems like you guys are more or less angry in each response.

I enjoy the back and forth though, whichever topic it is
    He's too mad, I'm never actually mad when he hi-jacks threads but I find his stuff hilarious. I mean, a 57 year old man just hi-jacked this thread with a clip of Hakeem getting dunked on (because he know's that he's my fav-player) because I linked to a hilarious clip of Wilt. He also insulted Olajuwon, haha.

It's like kindergarten again, but the internet version, you know when one kid says his father is strong and then another kid says that his father is even stronger.

But no hate, Jlauber is a funny guy, even though he's not funny intentionally.

On this case though, Jlauber would be the father. You're right, Jlaub is a work of art.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Mentioning Calvin Murphy makes you an instant retard, go and find one in game dunk by Calvin Murphy where he posterized someone. Or let alone a dunk to start with.
    Millwad - your trying to hate on Jlauber - great, but its pissing me off every time you carelessly throw former players (and an entire NBA era) under the bus. I don't know whether your banking on the fact that there is barely any film of that era to back up stupid demands like "Show me Calvin Murphy dunking!" (which is unfair). Or if your just genuinely convinced guys back then weren't athletic enough to dunk or finish left handed layups? (Which is just plain dumb).

There isn't a single Calvin Murphy game on film. Not one. Might as well say "show me film of him scratching his balls cause I don't believe he had any!". I combed my entire archive and found a grand total 1 minutes of footage of the guy. And what are the odds. He dunks in that footage. If A guy has 1 minute of footage to his name and in that 1 minute has a clip of him dunking... chances are it was no freak accident. Chances are, he's a dunker.

http://youtu.be/VPTFk7oMwZw

@Cavaliers, And yet chances are that most of the hearsay that most Jlauber arguments are based on are utter and total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    @Cavaliers, And yet chances are that most of the hearsay that most Jlauber arguments are based on are utter and total bullshit.
    I can neither confirm nor deny that, I just hate how people assume every player from the 60s or 70s automatically must be doubted until footage is seen... sometimes there just isn't any footage. I'm pretty sure the Civil War happened, despite the lack of footage

Good college starter

No he highlights Wilt greatest games and makes excuses for his failures. There is no argument Wilt has the greatest stats and he might have been the greatest individual player but basketball is a team sport. Russell was the better team player. He was not self absorbed with his numbers, his unselfishness made everybody around him better and that is why he has more rings than his fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I can neither confirm nor deny that, I just hate how people assume every player from the 60s or 70s automatically must be doubted until footage is seen... sometimes there just isn't any footage. I'm pretty sure the Civil War happened, despite the lack of footage
    This is beautiful and all but when you have someone like Jlauber who spends all his time throwing hearsays after hearsays as facts, then you do more to hurt your cause than the reverse.

And it gets even more hypocritical when you use the same tactic as Jlauber to up an unknown player (Manigault) and yet the same Jlauber will then screams at the scandal and how those said hearsays mean nothing.

This is beautiful and all but when you have someone like Jlauber who spends all his time throwing hearsays after hearsays as facts, then you do more to hurt your cause than the reverse.

And it gets even more hypocritical when you use the same tactic as Jlauber to up an unknown player (Manigault) and yet the same Jlauber will then screams at the scandal and how those said hearsays mean nothing.
    I agree, you can't use heresay as a fact and I do feel at time JL has "Euroleagued" Wilt's era. Jlaubers approach to building Wilt's GOAT case is a bit... rough around the edges. a lot of the times the evidence looks anecdotal. But still, not everything he says is BS. Hell, his facts are right more than they are wrong. He just dumps mountains of text on people and out of the monstrous post 1 or 2 facts look suspicious and once that happens everybody hones in on the holes and then everything he said in the post (even if some parts were true) get denounced
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-18-2012 at 02:07 PM.