Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Some 93 Hakeem Hypotheticals

These questions are all pertaining to Hakeem directly, for the purpose of this thread presume everybody else on the 93 Rockets team performs identically:

1) What does Hakeem have to do differently to beat the Sonics?

2) Would the Rockets beat the Suns? If not, what would he have to do in order to make it to the Finals?

3) Would the Rockets beat the Bulls? If not, what would he have to do in order to win the title?

4) Presume the Rockets beat the Bulls due to Hakeem's elevated performance through (3). How differently do you view Hakeem's legacy?

Again, only Hakeem performs differently here, everything else is unchanged.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Default Re: Some 93 Hakeem Hypotheticals

He honestly has become to MOST overrated player in history.
    Yes he had a great skill-set but my god the way some of you refer to this player is absurd. He lost 9 times in the 1st round...

Let that sink in for a moment.
    He had some epic seasons no doubt, 94 & 95 he was a monster.
    But then again a healthy Bill Walton was a monster too, arguably a top 5 peak of All-Time (to me anyways). But injuries ruined his chances of cementing a potentially top 10 resume.

Hakeem is a borderline top 10 player, but as far as his overall resume is concerned and his consistency (and more importantly, him being a winner). He perhaps has become the most overrated of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    He honestly has become to MOST overrated player in history.
    Yes he had a great skill-set but my god the way some of you refer to this player is absurd. He lost 9 times in the 1st round...

Let that sink in for a moment.
    He had some epic seasons no doubt, 94 & 95 he was a monster.
    But then again a healthy Bill Walton was a monster too, arguably a top 5 peak of All-Time (to me anyways). But injuries ruined his chances of cementing a potentially top 10 resume.

Hakeem is a borderline top 10 player, but as far as his overall resume is concerned and his consistency (and more importantly, him being a winner). He perhaps has become the most overrated of them all!
    (4) isn't really important for this, I'm not too concerned with the all-time thing (just through it in as a starter). For (1)-(3), what do you think he has to do differently?

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Very good NBA starter

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    (4) isn't really important for this, I'm not too concerned with the all-time thing (just through it in as a starter). For (1)-(3), what do you think he has to do differently?
    I don't think he can beat Jordan with just Kenny Smith, V. Maxwell, Thorpe, Horry & Carl. He'd simply need better teammates.

They took Seattle to game 7 and lost by 3 in overtime.
    Hakeem was brilliant in the early to mid 90's, there's nothing more he needed to do. He was an MVP cnadidate and a DPOTY candidate every year, he was doing everything for that team.

He led his team in points, rebounds, blocks, steals and was 3rd in assists as a center. Guy was more to that team then LeBron was to Cleveland, IMO.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    The first round exit means noting. Shaq got swept a lot who cares. The only thing that should matter is production. He was producing at crazy levels during those games, but his teammates wasn't. What's the difference in 86 when he made the finals. He was playing the same way at a high level. Give Hakeem a pippen,parker,shaq,worthy, etc..... Throughout his career and you would be praising how good he was because he made it further and had more success.
    We can stick to hypotheticals all we want, fact is he is VERY overrated based on his resume. His peak play? Sure, he was brilliant.

Kobe took Phoenix to 7 games, a far superior team with A LOT less then Hakeem has lost with 9 times. Save the excuses, seriously.

Very good NBA starter

[QUOTE=rhythmic

PS - I am not hating on The Dream, in fact, I think his peak play is top five all-time. I respect and admire his skill set and if it wasn't for Jordan (and perhaps, better teammates) he could have achieved A LOT more. But I hate the what-if game, bottom line his resume at the end of his career does not stack up with the rest of the players like Jordan, Wilt, Bird, Magic, Shaquille, LeBron, Kobe, Kareem etc.

Heck, even Moses arguably has had a better career.

Very good NBA starter

[QUOTE=rhythmic

The first round exit means noting. Shaq got swept a lot who cares. The only thing that should matter is production. He was producing at crazy levels during those games, but his teammates wasn't. What's the difference in 86 when he made the finals. He was playing the same way at a high level. Give Hakeem a pippen,parker,shaq,worthy, etc..... Throughout his career and you would be praising how good he was because he made it further and had more success.
    This minus the 86 stuff because I was only 4 and didn't know what basketball was lol. Everything else though I totally agree with.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

[QUOTE=rhythmic

He was great in the 80s too.
    I mean as an overall leader & player.
    He was top 5 in MVP voting from 92' to 96'.

Hakeem has always been great, but you give those other legends 9 chances to win a 1st round series and I don't think they'd fail.

Kobe almost achieved that in 2 tries, against a far superior team with far less talent then Hakeem had. Heck, Kobe dropped 50 in game 6 and if his bum ass teammates would attempt to defend & rebound, chances are Tim Thomas never gets off that 3.