Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Round 2: Magic at Pistons, Game 1, Saturday, 7:30 ET

vs.

Detroit Pistons (59-23) vs. Orlando Magic (52-30)

vs

Game 1 - Saturday 7:30 EST @ Detroit
    Game 2 - TBD
    Game 3 - TBD
    Game 4 - TBD
    Game 5 - TBD
    Game 6 - TBD
    Game 7 - TBD

REGULAR SEASON SERIES

Tied 2-2

Nov. 2: Pistons 116 @ Orlando 92
    Jan. 21: Pistons 100 @ Orlando 102
    Jan. 25: Orlando 93 @ Pistons 101
    Feb. 19: Orlando 103 @ Pistons 85

Magic at Pistons. Rematch of last years first round, but this year the Magic are stronger, while Detroit has improved their bench play.

Who you got in the series, who you got in game 1?

Default Re: Round 2: Magic at Pistons, Game 1, Saturday, 7:30 ET

Hopefully Pistons stay focused and handle business in game 1.

I say Pistons in 6, but about game 1 no idea.

This will be a tough match-up for the Pistons,the Magic are a very talented team,hungry to prove the critics wrong in the play-offs.Not to mention they have a beast at C who is a 20-20 guy on any given night.If the Pistons can control the perimeter defense I think they take the series in 6.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

These last couple philly games have woken detroit up. I dont expect them to sleepwalk into these games like they did against philly.

I think we might just see a bit of hack-a-Howard in this one, after everyone saw it's use to halt momentum in Suns-Spurs. Even without that, I believe the Pistons will come out on top with their solid experience and teamwork. Also, their bench really impresses me.

But the Magic definitely have a shot - Dwight is playing out of his mind. I read a quote from Stan Van Gundy a few days ago saying that Dwight usually jokes around and he has to get him to put on a serious face before games - but Dwight was dead serious the whole time for the Raptors-Magic series.

It's going to be an interesting matchup for sure, looking forward to it.

Projected Score: Pistons 97-76 Magic with Dwight Howard foul out mid in the 4th quarter.

[QUOTE=3stat2]I think we might just see a bit of hack-a-Howard in this one

Miami in 2006.

Cleveland in 2007.

It's Orlando's turn in 2008.

I really don't want to take anything away from the 76ers, but Detroit better wake up if they wish to keep advancing. The Pistons played very lackluster in the first round, assuming Philly would just roll over on them. I used to think the Pistons had more heart than any other team year-after-year, but I'm not so sure anymore.

In the next few years, the East will be on the rise. If Detroit wants to remain an Eastern powerhouse, they'll need to find a spark. There's no better time than right now in the midst of the post season.

Home court advantage isn't as strong for the Pistons as it used to be. The Magic seem to be playing solid on the road right now, so this should be a concern if you're a Pistons fan. They'll have a difficult time keeping Howard in check all four quarters.

I'm going to say whoever wins Game 1 of this series will win the series in 6 or 7 games. Honestly, I believe it could go either way. Orlando is young and hungry, while Detroit seems to be playing NBA grandpa right now. I'll say the Magic in 7.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by e-Thugstylez
    I'm going to say whoever wins Game 1 of this series will win the series in 6 or 7 games. Honestly, I believe it could go either way. Orlando is young and hungry, while Detroit seems to be playing NBA grandpa right now. I'll say the Magic in 7.
    i don't get how you can call detroit NBA grandpas when they use their bench as much as any team and have prospects like stuckey, aflallo, maxiell, amir johnson in the rotation.

i think the aquisition of Theo Ratliff will prove very useful for the Pistons this round. he's a big body off the bench who can block shots and play tough D on Howard. should help keep sheed out of foul trouble.

I just think Detroit is too deep to lose this series. The Magic's frontcourt starters carry the team but I think a rotation of Dyess/Sheed/Maxiell/Ratliff is better. Chauncey has a mismatch against Jameer Nelson and so does Stuckey. Should be a big series for the guards of Detroit. The Magic really have no bench so even if we see 20/20 games from Howard I'll take the Pistons in 6 games.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Detroit? NBA grandpa? gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by e-Thugstylez
    I really don't want to take anything away from the 76ers, but Detroit better wake up if they wish to keep advancing. The Pistons played very lackluster in the first round, assuming Philly would just roll over on them. I used to think the Pistons had more heart than any other team year-after-year, but I'm not so sure anymore.

In the next few years, the East will be on the rise. If Detroit wants to remain an Eastern powerhouse, they'll need to find a spark. There's no better time than right now in the midst of the post season.

Home court advantage isn't as strong for the Pistons as it used to be. The Magic seem to be playing solid on the road right now, so this should be a concern if you're a Pistons fan. They'll have a difficult time keeping Howard in check all four quarters.

HeHe...did somebody just wake you up from a long sleep Rip?

You should have watched the games during the year, and the Detroit/Philly series, after game three?

1. Orlando has been good on the road all year?
    2. Detroit has not played lackluster after the 3rd game of the series?
    3. The Pistons have a great home record this year?
    4. They don't need to keep Howard in check for 4 quaters...only slow him down a little. He is not the Orlando key, in this series...turkey-glue is.

Pistons in 7

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    i don't get how you can call detroit NBA grandpas when they use their bench as much as any team and have prospects like stuckey, aflallo, maxiell, amir johnson in the rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    Detroit? NBA grandpa? gtfo
    They haters are coming out guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic R
    They haters are coming out guys.
    i don't think its hate so much as ignorance. unless u watched the pistons regularly you might not be aware of the youth movement joe dumars is orchestrating. he's doing a great job of building for the future while keeping us in championship contention. recognizing potential in players like stuckey, aflallo, maxiell, amir johnson and surrounding them with veteran mentors seems to be a knack for joe d. the guy always seems to pick out steals in the late first and early second rounds. also a great move this season to dump Nazr Mohammed's contract and pick up Walter Herrman who could make the rotation next year or be used as trade bait.

College star

Well, not that i dislike the pistons, but i'm a jameer nelson fan. Hopefully the magic can pull it out in 6 or 7, but they are going to need to win game 1 to do that

magic in 7 is my prediction