Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Arrow 16-year-old girls are stripping naked in Rhode Island, and it's completely LEGAL.

WTF!?! 16-year-old girls are stripping naked in Rhode Island, and it's completely LEGAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYYLClLSGxQ

Teen Strippers, Old Enough to Be Indoor Hookers but Too Young to Drive
    Rhode Island's Quirky Laws Have No Rules for Minors in Sex Business
    By SUSAN DONALDSON JAMES
    July 23, 2009

Elizabeth Roberts' 17-year-old daughter was put through the bureaucratic wringer to get a summer job in her home state of Rhode Island this year.
    In Rhode Island, some girls as young as 16, are finding work as strippers.
    In Rhode Island, a loophole in the law allows girls as young as 16 to find work as strippers. The state also allows "indoor" prostitution.

Under state law, the teenager could not operate a power saw, work on ladders or even pump gas. The state also regulates how many hours and times of day minors can work.

But in Rhode Island, where Roberts is lieutenant governor, the teen -- with a work permit -- can take off all her clothes at a strip club, even those where adult men can touch the merchandise.

Just this week the Providence Journal revealed that a loophole in the state's minor laws do not restrict girls as young as 16 from working as strippers, as long as they are home by 11:30 p.m.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Story?id=8149969&page=1

Default Re: 16-year-old girls are stripping naked in Rhode Island, and it's completely LEGAL.

I've been to a strip club in RI..called The Foxy Lady and I didnt really suspect any of the ladies to be under 18..I usually go to Stoughton,MA though were Alex's is located and I know for sure there isnt any 16 year olds there.

Blu Ray

Default Re: 16-year-old girls are stripping naked in Rhode Island, and it's completely LEGAL.

Sweet.

Based on what I could find, this is not a case of deficient law, but of faulty interpretation. The law prevents minors from performing "lewd acts." Someone, apparently, set a precedent that decided that taking off your clothes in front of an audience isn't a "lewd act." Uhhh, yeah it is.

All they have to do is reword the law to make it crystal clear but it's pretty obvious what the intent is.

And what is "indoor prostitution?" Does it just mean she can't parade around the street corner? Has to operate in a brothel?

From the actual story:

But an Iowa county judge ruled last year that a striptease by a 17-year-old girl at a strip club was artistic expression protected by the First Amendment. The state attorney general’s office has asked the state Supreme Court to review the ruling.
    Wow.

somewhere on earth supersmashbros is standing alongside a road with a sign that says

"take me to rhode island because I need to go there."

14 year olds are fu**ing these days. Who gives a sh*t about stripping?

when they're f*cking its usually with someone they know from their same age group, not hundreds of 40 year old strangers at once who are allowed to grope them. It's completely different

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

RocketGreatness, get your lube ready.

This will be better for you than the time you caught Yao without a shirt on.

That is pretty gross. I might throw up if I walked into a strip club and there were 16 year olds getting down on stage.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Indoor prostitution basically refers to an agreement between two people of consenting age, which in RI is 16. So yeah, it does mean you can't be parading outside on a streetcorner. However, the brothel industry is also illegal, but there is a large population of "massage parlors" which serve essentially as a brothels.

I've spent a little time in Providence, and have been to a strip club there, but was never offered any sex acts.

I heard about this on a radio show a few weeks ago.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    somewhere on earth supersmashbros is standing alongside a road with a sign that says

"take me to rhode island because I need to go there."

I sooo believe that...

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    That is pretty gross. I might throw up if I walked into a strip club and there were 16 year olds getting down on stage.
    thats just because your gay

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Only in Texas. Wait, what?

Banned

The state also allows "indoor" prostitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    RocketGreatness, get your lube ready.

This will be better for you than the time you caught Yao without a shirt on.

Pics or GTFO(of the strippers, not a shirtless Yao)