Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default The overwhelming splendor and excellence of the Bible cannot be disputed

yup
    Last edited by BuGzBuNNy; 07-18-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Default Re: The overwhelming splendor and excellence of the Bible cannot be disputed

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Default Re: The overwhelming splendor and excellence of the Bible cannot be disputed

The obscurity of the writings is the reason why there are thousands of christian denominations. Believers simply could not agree on every issue, whether or not a passage is meant to be taken literally or metaphorically; or whether or not a passage could still be applied in today's society. Personal interpretations differ and could also be influenced by cultural and social upbringing, hence geographical location is also major factor in determining what particular denomination you'd adhere to.

Its good if you like fables and fairytales and such.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    I'd expect even the most hardcore atheists can acknowledge the greatness (for lack of better term) of the Good Book
    Common sense stuff. Do unto others, don't steal and lie, try not to act like a prick. Oral traditions and fables were promoting similar messages to burgeoning civilizations for centuries before the Bible started coming together.

So you think thats a good summary?
    Yep. I've read the thing cover-to-cover. Dad's family is devoutly Southern Baptist, Mom's family is strict Roman Catholic. Probably one of the few people in this city who not only had to do Confirmation, but also attended Sunday School a couple times a month.

Its not my intent to slander the Bible by any means, so don't interpret my words as such.

What does this even mean? Unless you're from some heavy atheist area with a small population I find it hard to believe you were 'one of few people in this city' to attend a sunday school. How do you even come to such a conclusion and what are you proving by saying it?
    ...okay. You've basically ignored the actual substance of my reply in favor of adopting a snarky, defensive tone for no reason and questioning a small point I couldn't possibly offer proof of.

You are the reason that debating on the internet is mostly the province of the retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Its good if you like fables and fairytales and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Its not my intent to slander the Bible by any means, so don't interpret my words as such.

I'm not aware of a universe where comparing a religious text to a fairytale isn't offensive, but I'm also not a douchebag so

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Got this for Christmas!

The pages don't burn that consistently so if you're out of zig zags, it's not the greatest alternative....however it does make for a good wipe after you came on a chick in a motel and there's no towels or toilet paper, just the bible in the dresser

Don't mistake my words for insults, I am merely proposing modern uses for obsolete fiction. Too many trees have died in the name of Jesus!
    Last edited by macmac; 12-26-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Hume>Kunt.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    The pages don't burn that consistently so if you're out of zig zags, it's not the greatest alternative....however it does make for a good wipe after you came on a chick in a motel and there's no towels or toilet paper, just the bible in the dresser

Don't mistake my words for insults, I am merely proposing modern uses for obsolete fiction. Too many trees have died in the name of Jesus!
    You're a pretentious douche. Doesn't even have the decency to just stay out of the thread, let alone has to downgrade the value of a literary and historical work such as the bible to "obsolete fiction" Pretty unbelievable that he writes out these little gems of insight while having a google thesaurus on the other tab. Takes a lot of effort to impress your little forum friends, doesnt it? but wait; don't mistake my words as insults, it's just a very clear insight of your shitty self.

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    You're a pretentious douche. Doesn't even have the decency to just stay out of the thread, let alone has to downgrade the value of a literary and historical work such as the bible to "obsolete fiction" Pretty unbelievable that he writes out these little gems of insight while having a google thesaurus on the other tab. Takes a lot of effort to impress your little forum friends, doesnt it? but wait; don't mistake my words as insults, it's just a very clear insight of your shitty self.
    Good one. Hope I impressed you.

OP can post whatever he wants if you dont agree then stay out of the thread.

Hume>Kunt.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Good one. Hope I impressed you.
    Yes, very impressed. A+ for effort.