Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Kobe has the GOAT work ethic

Kobe Bryant: Not as good as JR Smith, hard working Mitch Richmond.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    What other championship contenders in '09 and '10 had a better #2 than Pau Gasol?
    Would JR Smith win the chip if he replaced Kobe for those two seasons?

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Bynum was injured in 2009 and 2010 playoffs. He was basically equivalent to Luc Longley. The point I am trying to make is that JR Smith wouldn't win with those guys but Kobe did.
    Bynum and Pau start.

Odom comes off the bench replacing Bynum. Pau and Odom.

Pau sits. Bynum and Odom.

Odom sits. Pau and Bynum.

Repeat.

Actually I think JR can jump a little higher than Kobe, maybe not, but yeah, similar. Nick Young reminds me of Kobe a little bit, he has underrated athleticism.

Duncan, Bird, Magic(not completely b/c he had ridiculous size on his side) don't have the physical gifts that the rest of the top players of all time do.

Kobe has crazy elite athleticism, but it's not 99.9999 percentile athleticism like Shaq(I think his standing vert was like 1" less than Kobe's or something ludicrous like that @ 7'1" 3hunna-something lbs), MJ, Nate, Iverson, VC, LeBron, Wilt, etc. Kobe is more like 95-99+ percentile athleticism. May seem like a slim margin but it makes a big difference. For example, imagine Kobe in VC's body!!! He would go to prison for murdering all of the NBA's bigmen.
    Last edited by lefthook00; 06-06-2013 at 04:05 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Kobe Bryant: Not as good as JR Smith, hard working Mitch Richmond.
    He is actually a hard working JR Smith. I feel bad for him. He has very little athletic talent but maximized every ounce of the little talent that he had.

Would JR Smith win the chip if he replaced Kobe for those two seasons?
    That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    Actually I think JR can jump a little higher than Kobe, maybe not, but yeah, similar. Nick Young reminds me of Kobe a little bit, he has underrated athleticism.

Duncan, Bird, Magic(not completely b/c he had ridiculous size on his side) don't have the physical gifts that the rest of the top players of all time do.

Kobe has crazy elite athleticism, but it's not 99.9999 percentile athleticism like Shaq(I think his standing vert was like 1" less than Kobe's or something ludicrous like that @ 7'1" 3hunna-something lbs), MJ, Nate, Iverson, VC, LeBron, Wilt, etc. Kobe is more like 95-99+ percentile athleticism. May seem like a slim margin but it makes a big difference. For example, imagine Kobe in VC's body.
    Kobe isn't in the top 50 in terms of physical talent.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Rofl OP making a habit of that. It's like he has an idea of how his trolling is meant to act out and no matter what's said he still sticks to the plan

NBA lottery pick

Pau Gasol has nothing to do with the premise of this thread. Even if Pau was the best 2nd option would JR smith be able to win the title with him?

Pau Gasol has nothing to do with the premise of this thread. Even if Pau was the best 2nd option would JR smith be able to win the title with him?
    Was J.R. Smith his team's #1 option?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Rofl OP making a habit of that. It's like he has an idea of how his trolling is meant to act out and no matter what's said he still sticks to the plan
    The only way you can refute my statement is by finding Kobe's combine numbers. I found JR Smith's numbers, but I need Kobe's numbers for proof that they are equivalent in terms of physical talent. The eyeball test for me shows that Kobe = JR Smith in terms of physical talent.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

People say Jordan has the best work ethic, but he is also top five in terms of God given physical talent. So it isn't impressive that he is GOAT. Kobe on the other hand is not in the top 50 in terms of physical talent. Even guys like T MAC and Vince Carter are more physically gifted than him. Kobe is basically equal to JR Smith in terms of physical talent, but his work ethic has propelled him to 11
    All NBA 1st teams. The most ever!
    this guy works out on his way to work.

NBA lottery pick

Was J.R. Smith his team's #1 option?
    All I am saying is Kobe is equal to JR Smith in terms of physical talent. What propelled Kobe to the resume he has now is his GOAT work ethic.

All I am saying is Kobe is equal to JR Smith in terms of physical talent. What propelled Kobe to the resume he has now is his GOAT work ethic.
    And this is based on what? You're biased opinion?

I think you are overrating physical talent. There are other talents. There's a reason no matter how hard Gerald Green works on his game he won't be Kobe. Even if he had Kobe's work ethic he wouldn't be as good as Kobe. Scoring instincts, ability to learn and absorb techniques, and intelligence are extremely valuable if you want to reach the level of someone like Kobe.
    Last edited by FKAri; 06-06-2013 at 04:27 AM.