Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Why Carmelo Anthony should leave the NY Bricks

#1. We suck- do I really need to explain further? Ok I will. Our team is terrible and we only have maybe 2 players who can improve...and it ain't looking foor for Shumpert.

#2 Our fan base sucks- MSG has been horrendous. It's full of rich snobs now. The atmosphere has been dead lately. I blame it on the ticket prices. Furthermore, only in NYC on the Knicks can you lead your team in scoring and rebounding...yet have fans blame YOU for the reason you suck. Despite taking the team to the playoffs, where they didn't even sniff in the years before. Despite leading the league in scoring. Despite being 2nd highest played and outplaying the 1st in your sleep. Despite having an overrated bum like Chandler on your roster. Despite these seeing with their own eyes your GM doing NOTHING in the offseason...somehow, it's his fault in the eyes of many.

#3 Chandler and Amare's contract- We have 2 more years of these scrubs. They aren't getting any better (or healthier). Chandler misses games because of colds and Amare's knees are pretty much toilet tissue right now.

#4 Mike Woodson- I understand why Melo and the rest of the guys are loyal to this dude but c'mon. He just doesn't understand basketball enough to bring us a championship. His schemes are fatally flawed, he has no understanding of how to substitute and he seems to think a 40 yr old Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni is a good idea at starting sg.

#5 His legacy- People will continually being up that he is the only player in the top 5 of that draft class not to win a ring but #1 3 of those players played together so that's very unfair. #2 Wade really is the only person who earned his ring by himself. #3 Milicic getting a ring is the equivalent of me going to Jared and buying an engagement ring lol That being said, championships, fairly or unfairly, define legacies nowadays.

#6 Knicks front office- Whether Rameek's theory is right and "nobody wants to be here" or my theory is correct that "we have lazy GM's" ...our GM's have not consistently brought in talent or developed any. There's no reason to believe we will bring in anyone that will significantly improve us.

Krust Kingz

Default Re: Why Carmelo Anthony should leave the NY Bricks

I dont want him to leave personally. I dont want him to opt out and get max money. Stat was here when they traded for him so he knew already the guy was here healthy or not with that salary. The only person that was added after the fact was Chandler who knows if he was ok with it.

I think personally Stat or Chandler or both has to go for him to even consider staying here.

I think he should go because this is a poorly run organization. They have no basketball people in the front office no plan or vision to win, or establishing a championship atmosphere.

I would leave merely off the fact that every solid PG we've had we've shipped out in the last 2 decades. And they were BORN in NYC.

Marbury
    Strickland
    Jackson

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I agree...he should leave.

Wish he demand a trade and do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I agree...he should leave.

Wish he demand a trade and do it now.
    Coming from the guy who loved him some Josh Harrelson and Jared Jeffries

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I would leave merely off the fact that every solid PG we've had we've shipped out in the last 2 decades. And they were BORN in NYC.

Marbury
    Strickland
    Jackson
    Are you sure about Starbury? J.R. Smith reminds me of Starbury on and off the court. I'm just waiting for someone to follow him around with a camera and film him eating Vaseline.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Are you sure about Starbury? J.R. Smith reminds me of Starbury on and off the court. I'm just waiting for someone to follow him around with a camera and film him eating Vaseline.
    Say what you will about his off the court antics. He was a 20 and 7 PG until he came here. The New York Knicks is where careers come to die. We haven't done anything positive for any quality players career in forever. Maybe since Clyde.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Say what you will about his off the court antics. He was a 20 and 7 PG until he came here. The New York Knicks is where careers come to die. We haven't done anything positive for any quality players career in forever. Maybe since Clyde.
    Patrick Ewing. His career in ny was positive.

Patrick Ewing. His career in ny was positive.
    Because he was a great player. Not because the Knicks helped him in any way. Every time he got a good PG they replaced him with a worse one. And don't even get me started on what a team with Mark Jackson and Bernard King with Patrick Ewing could have been.

I don't really care who's going to leave anymore.

I WANT EVERYBODY GONE. Players,coaching staff,front office.

Knicks have been a mess for the past decade (even more) and it starts from the top.

Franchize I'll say it with no bones about it. You are more than 100% right. Melo will just waste his career in this city. And he already has. They surrounded him with a bunch of bums and we have posters on here who would be content with getting names like Telfair here

This organization needs to follow the Indiana Pacers blue print imo. However long it will take NY'ers can wait a few years longer.

Krust Kingz

Unhappy Re: Why Carmelo Anthony should leave the NY Bricks

Actually who believes the Knicks will actually get anything good for Melo?

This team is damned with Melo and damned without Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Actually who believes the Knicks will actually get anything good for Melo?

This team is damned with Melo and damned without Melo.
    Trade him to a team willing to trade a draft pic between 1-4 in the first round and start rebuilding.

If the Knicks are going to just let amare and chandler expire and not replace them, then yes he should leave

If the Knicks are going to continue to pay big money then why would he leave. He's going to extend at max- how many realistic possibilities are there for teams willing to trade for him and then will be willing to pay as much as possible to attempt to build a winner.

He made his own bed getting himself to the New York Knicks. If he walks away now the hit to his image will be even worse than it is now (unless he took another team to a title).

It's crazy to to think so many here would rather start over before even trying build around Carmelo's game. (Not the perimeter game he may like, but his actuall abilities which are much different than the other star 3's in the game right now)

This team needs a coach and a gaurd- it doesn't need to run off its best player just because he is not Lebrun or Durant

Franchize I'll say it with no bones about it. You are more than 100% right. Melo will just waste his career in this city. And he already has. They surrounded him with a bunch of bums and we have posters on here who would be content with getting names like Telfair here

This organization needs to follow the Indiana Pacers blue print imo. However long it will take NY'ers can wait a few years longer.
    hey hey hey...I liked Telfair lol He chose to make that Chinese money which is more lucrative than being an NBA journeyman nowadays. Can't blame him when your home state shits on you to sign a bum like Pablo Prigioni.

Another sad thing about the Knicks is, even if we were to get a top 5 pick in this upcoming draft, it still may not yield the expected results.

#1 When's the last time we've drafted a superstar? Patrick Ewing?

#2 There's a bunch of rumors suggesting that at least 3 of the "can't miss" prospects may return for their sophomore seasons...maybe longer.

#3 While the freshman have been good, I can't say any have impressed me as much as Melo did when he was at Syracuse lol. I guess maybe Parker.

#4 While Knickscity is smitten at the thought of Melo's departure, only a fool would think he is our biggest problem. We still have Amare and Tyson. Two HUGE contracts and very little production from either. We still need a coach. We still need a PG. We still have a horrendous front office who overpays for bums and can't bring in young, healthy talent on a consistent basis.