Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Lebronyte Kryptonite

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    LeBron's played in 9, and two years of those had a legitimate cast to win, with another two seasons being arguable.

I'm not trying to say LeBron is better than Jordan, but I just find it laughable when people dismiss the chance that he can surpass Jordan. For all we know the Heat rip off 5 or 6 in a row with LeBron winning 5 or 6 MVP awards in a row. We just can't know at this point in time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy what we have in front of our eyes now what is in our minds.

Edit: Instead of what is in our minds.
    The FAKE Cavs fans said all that noise for 7 years. Give it a rest

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Current Lebron, ability wise is NOT on MJ's level. MJ has shown that he can rebound and make plays to the same degree as Lebron, Lebron has not shown that he can score with the same volume and efficiency of Jordan. Not to mention that MJ was better defensively and statistically was more dominant in the regular season and the playoffs. Lebron arguably isn't even better than Kobe or Wade, how is he supposed to be better than Michael Jeffrey Jordan?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

This is so stupid. Jordan played 13 seasons with the bulls. He missed 64 and 65 games in two of those seasons, however, so it's closer to 11 or 11 and a half with the bulls. He played 2 more seasons in washington at 38 and 39 years of age.

Jordan went to the finals in 6 of his 11 full seasons with the bulls. He made the finals and won the finals and won finals mvp in every one of his last 6 full seasons with the bulls.

LeBron has one ring in 9 full seasons.

It's not a detriment to lose in the finals, but Jordan never did. That's why Jordan is the GOAT and West isn't. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Jordan played what 20 seasons? Jordan went to the finals 6 times in those 20 years meaning he failed 14 times (70% of the time). LeBron's played 9 years and been to the finals 3 times meaning he has failed 6 times 67% of the time. LeBron > Jordan by three percent...

It is not a detriment to lose in the finals. Just look at Jerry West one of the 15 greatest of all time, and ask him if he would trade losing in the finals for first/second round exits.

Hey may surpass Jordan but at that time Kobe will already be the undisputed GOAT.. But I doubt LeBron surpass Mike tho.. LeBron is a top 15 player of all time at best..

I hate Chuck right now.. Before I like him when he said Kobe is top 5 player of all time but now that he said LeBron can be better than Mike , he's the same as Pippen.. Both makes idiotic comments..

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    He is not better ability-wise, neither at the same age nor after the same number of years in the league. Please...
    I think in terms of basketball skillset that Jordan is slightly ahead, but Lebron is a beast when it comes to the physical side of it. If you don't even think it's close then I'll have to learn not to take you seriously from now on.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Bron has a chance to surpass MJ's accolades.

But what made MJ special wasn't that his personal resume, but HOW he did it.

I think people underrate how much Jordan improved throughout his career. He wasn't always some basketball god, he was pretty flawed in the beginning of his career too...

Banned

He'd have to improve dramatically quit quickly. He's just not very close in terms of ability right now. In a couple respects he is. In terms of rebounding and passing they're both similar, but overall Lebron just hasn't been as dominant as Jordan in his peak or prime so far. It's possible that he gets better, but I don't think he's ever going to get close to Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Lebron is not faster than Jordan.
    From one end to the other at their absolute athletic peaks Lebron was probably the fastest player in the NBA.... yes, faster than MJ... his measured 4.4 (4.36 sec) 40 yard dash at the draft combine is no fluke.... to understand how fast that is take a look at the 40 yard dash world records http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40-yard_dash and those guys were between 5'9"-6'2"...

"Justin Gatlin, who ran 9.85 s for a gold medal at the 2004 Olympic 100 metres, before being banned from the sport for abuse of performance drugs, has a verified 40-yard dash best of 4.4 s"

Quickness/Agility Lebron is not best at, Jordan was probably quicker (darting here and there), weight/size has alot to do with... but if you want to drag race, Lebron would arguably kill anybody in NBA history... he has those freakishly athletic very long and super quick strides (see Usain Bolt to see what i mean).... there is a reason he chases down anybody in the NBA 24-7, even the likes of Derrick Rose...
    Last edited by pauk; 10-05-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather
    Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Jordan played what 20 seasons? Jordan went to the finals 6 times in those 20 years meaning he failed 14 times (70% of the time). LeBron's played 9 years and been to the finals 3 times meaning he has failed 6 times 67% of the time. LeBron > Jordan by three percent...

It is not a detriment to lose in the finals. Just look at Jerry West one of the 15 greatest of all time, and ask him if he would trade losing in the finals for first/second round exits.
    Quote Originally Posted by westside_baller
    This is so stupid. Jordan played 13 seasons with the bulls. He missed 64 and 65 games in two of those seasons, however, so it's closer to 11 or 11 and a half with the bulls. He played 2 more seasons in washington at 38 and 39 years of age.

Jordan went to the finals in 6 of his 11 full seasons with the bulls. He made the finals and won the finals and won finals mvp in every one of his last 6 full seasons with the bulls.

It's not a detriment to lose in the finals, but Jordan never did. That's why Jordan is the GOAT and West isn't. Think about it.
    lol owned.. sad that most people on ISH dont know crap about MJ other than random tidbits ESPN decides to show

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Lebron is not faster than Jordan.

Very plain analysis by barkley. Faster than MJ?

He forgot other factors like "mentality" and "skills"

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    Lebron can be better, and can be a GOAT candidate. I've said it before: ability-wise he's better than Jordan was right now; it's just a matter of winning and being incredibly consistent. I don't foresee him being the clear GOAT though. I think such a player will be a 1 in 10 billion type deal. Even if he does win 6-7 titles, 6-7 MVPs, etc, it'll always be a debate.
    What part of Lebron's game is better than Jordan's to merit this statement?

When it comes to offense and defense, Jordan was better. Not by a staggering margin but still a clear gap.

Very good NBA starter

I don’t understand why people are so flabbergasted by this ”overcorrection” by Chuck. He did the exact same thing with Kobe.

Go back to 04, 05, 06 and 07 on Inside the NBA and Charles was ripping Kobe a new one every week. Then he saw the 2010 Phoenix series up close - the next thing you know, he in his top 5 all time.

these letards getting owned left and right

game over.

Love Barkley, but i think that weight-loss left him lightheaded.