Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Dirk or T-Mac

right now its obviously dirk>>>tmac

its ours nxt year LA09 kobedaman24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    right now its obviously dirk>>>tmac
    Yup nothing can beat a 7'0 3 point shooting PF.

Dunking on everybody in the park

thanks superman.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    There is no player, that you can say is definately better than Nowitzki.
    Honestly right now I think I really do think he is the best player in the NBA but I'm a Mavs fan so I'm biased.

lol: smh:

it will be a debate if TMac can get out of the 1st round and if he can shoot over 45 percent.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    i used to think that laker fans were the most delusional. after this thread that title now goes to the rockets fans.

edit: but when you factor in fans like fab/hawker/joewait, dallas fans are right behind the rocket fans.

dude dallas fans were the worse over the playoffs.

first, during first round, they were talking smack, since the Mavs were the only team to dominate the first round while seemingly every other team had a competitive series

then, Mavs fans got stupid and got upset at Michael Finley because he was playing well for the Spurs, they claimed he must have slacked off in his Dallas days because "had never played this good with us". They claimed Jason Terry, in his second season with the Mavs are already more popular and have done more for the franchise than Finley ever did. Just total disrespect and ignorance by supposed true "Dallas fans". Then when Jason Terry pulled a moronic move by punching Finley, the Mavs fans blamed Finley, they got upset at Finley and called him names, all because he got punched, as if there was something Finley could have done to prevent that, and somehow, Jason Terry escapes all blames and becomes victim of David Stern, if Finley was White, I bet the MAvs fans would have even pulled the race card.

then, the Mavs fans argue that Dirk is ON Duncan's level career wise. I had to bring up all of Duncan's accomplishments and how he's already a top 15 player for those guys to get reasonable and say "well, Dirk is on Duncan level right now". Then people start bashing Duncan saying he was overrated and he wasn't a top 10 player in the league because he only averaged 18 points per game.

during the Spurs/Mavs series, the Mavs got some of most one sided call I can remember, such as at the end of game 4, when Dirk drove to the hoop, tried to create space by pushing off his with his off arm, all Bowen did was stick out his arm to block the shove, and the refs called a foul on Bowen, giving Dirk two free throws to tie the game with like 4 seconds left in the game. The contact occured when Dirk had just started his move, it did not affect his shot, it didn't affect anything, throw in the fact that Dirk initiated the contact and it's ridiculous for the refs to make that call against the Spurs in a game of that magnitude.

The Mavs fans then got defensive when just about every non Mavs fans, including TV sports analyst talking about what a horrible call that was, they bought up how Duncan shot more free throws than Dirk, although Duncan's game tends to draw more free throws because Dirk is a jump shooter.

In the finals, Stackhouse runs full speed at Shaq and shoves him in midair , if Shaq wasn't 300 pounds, if it was a normal person, he woulda flipped upside down and landed on his neck. But Mavs fans got upset because the league decided to suspend Stackhouse for that.

After the Mavs go up 2-0, the Mavs fans brag nonstop, claiming it would be a sweep, total cockiness on this board.

Then game 3 happened "It's only only one game, we'll still take this in 5"

then game 4 happened "no biggie they just did what they had to do, defend homecourt"

then game 5 happened ........ less talking....

then game 6 happened ....... total silence, followed by
    Last edited by EricForman; 11-27-2006 at 02:33 AM.

this year and last, no question dirk > tmac

Not airballing my layups anymore braden.'s Avatar

Has anybody actually seen Tracy McGrady play this year?

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    dude dallas fans were the worse over the playoffs.

first, during first round, they were talking smack, since the Mavs were the only team to dominate the first round while seemingly every other team had a competitive series

then, Mavs fans got stupid and got upset at Michael Finley because he was playing well for the Spurs, they claimed he must have slacked off in his Dallas days because "had never played this good with us". They claimed Jason Terry, in his second season with the Mavs are already more popular and have done more for the franchise than Finley ever did. Just total disrespect and ignorance by supposed true "Dallas fans". Then when Jason Terry pulled a moronic move by punching Finley, the Mavs fans blamed Finley, they got upset at Finley and called him names, all because he got punched, as if there was something Finley could have done to prevent that, and somehow, Jason Terry escapes all blames and becomes victim of David Stern, if Finley was White, I bet the MAvs fans would have even pulled the race card.

then, the Mavs fans argue that Dirk is ON Duncan's level career wise. I had to bring up all of Duncan's accomplishments and how he's already a top 15 player for those guys to get reasonable and say "well, Dirk is on Duncan level right now". Then people start bashing Duncan saying he was overrated and he wasn't a top 10 player in the league because he only averaged 18 points per game.

during the Spurs/Mavs series, the Mavs got some of most one sided call I can remember, such as at the end of game 4, when Dirk drove to the hoop, tried to create space by pushing off his with his off arm, all Bowen did was stick out his arm to block the shove, and the refs called a foul on Bowen, giving Dirk two free throws to tie the game with like 4 seconds left in the game. The contact occured when Dirk had just started his move, it did not affect his shot, it didn't affect anything, throw in the fact that Dirk initiated the contact and it's ridiculous for the refs to make that call against the Spurs in a game of that magnitude.

The Mavs fans then got defensive when just about every non Mavs fans, including TV sports analyst talking about what a horrible call that was, they bought up how Duncan shot more free throws than Dirk, although Duncan's game tends to draw more free throws because Dirk is a jump shooter.

In the finals, Stackhouse runs full speed at Shaq and shoves him in midair , if Shaq wasn't 300 pounds, if it was a normal person, he woulda flipped upside down and landed on his neck. But Mavs fans got upset because the league decided to suspend Stackhouse for that.

After the Mavs go up 2-0, the Mavs fans brag nonstop, claiming it would be a sweep, total cockiness on this board.

Then game 3 happened "It's only only one game, we'll still take this in 5"

then game 4 happened "no biggie they just did what they had to do, defend homecourt"

then game 5 happened ........ less talking....

then game 6 happened ....... total silence, followed by
    If you are really moronic enough to believe that the Spurs series had one sided officiating helping the mavs I question how it is that you are smart enough to remember to breath.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    You put Yao in Dallas and thats a guaranteed championship, even without Dirk. The Mavs are one of the deepest squads in the league with or without Dirk. A dominant center is a more valued commodity than a tall softy who shoots jumpers.
    I'll disagree on this. While Yao is playing great, he needs a player of Dirk or Tmac's cailber to draw sufficient enough attention from the other team. At least in this point of his career. While the Mavs other players aren't slouches, they aren't enough to do this. And if you think Dirk is still a softy who shoots jumpers Jsub, you lost more brain cells than you care to admit overseas.

And hawker, telephone whatever...there was no need to bring this thread back up

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    If you are really moronic enough to believe that the Spurs series had one sided officiating helping the mavs I question how it is that you are smart enough to remember to breath.

nice way to counter without actually disputing anything i wrote, clown.

and i didn't write any conspiracy theory, i just wrote that ONE call on Bruce Bowen was ridiculous and any non Mavs fans will probably agree, from the replay angle it's just absolutely horrible call, Dirk stuck out the arm to push off, all Bowen did was try to push Dirk's arm out of the way and that's a call for the game winning free throws giving the Mavs a 3-1 lead. In one of nthe closest series in years, the Mavs received two of these calls, the other one was Tim Duncan's sixth foul in game 3, when Dirk drove at Duncan, Duncan basically was back peddaling but Dirk stepped on Duncan's foot and Duncan fouled out due to that. this is Tim Freaking Duncan, a top 15 player all time, fouling out becaue he was backing up and Dirk ran into him. You think Magic, Kobe, Jordan, Bird would ever foul out like that? I don't think so.

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

and i didn't write any conspiracy theory, i just wrote that ONE call on Bruce Bowen was ridiculous and any non Mavs fans will probably agree, from the replay angle it's just absolutely horrible call, Dirk stuck out the arm to push off, all Bowen did was try to push Dirk's arm out of the way and that's a call for the game winning free throws giving the Mavs a 3-1 lead. In one of nthe closest series in years, the Mavs received two of these calls, the other one was Tim Duncan's sixth foul in game 3, when Dirk drove at Duncan, Duncan basically was back peddaling but Dirk stepped on Duncan's foot and Duncan fouled out due to that. this is Tim Freaking Duncan, a top 15 player all time, fouling out becaue he was backing up and Dirk ran into him. You think Magic, Kobe, Jordan, Bird would ever foul out like that? I don't think so.
    duncan was in the restricted area so thats an automatic foul. I always find it hilarious how people ignore the absurd calls Duncan got all series, especially in games 1 and 7, where the refs were basically trying to hand the series to Spurs. And anyways, that call in game 4, eithe r way, dirk likely would have made that shot anyways.

On the duncan play, that was a foul. Its not even remotely questionable if it was a foul. Tripping even if unintentional is a foul and Duncan was in the restricted area. As for calls, Duncan got ridiculous calls all series. I have maintained all summer that he got as many if not more calls in that series as wade got in the finals.

Were there a couple of calls that went the mavs way? Of course. Did they get as many as the spurs? No. The mavs were the better team and they won. The officiating was damn sure not a reason why.

Learning to shoot layups TiMavericks21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakers-city
    i agree, yao would give the mavericks the down-low dominance they lack, while rebounding, blocking shots, intimidating, etc, the dallas mavericks are a VERY deep team.
    Yao would give EVERY TEAM the down-low dominance they lack? Who else has a DOMINANT Center(besides Houston and when healthy, Miami)? The Mavericks don't need down-low dominance. They are fine with their duo of Damp/Diop. They have more than enough capable scorers. They don't need 20ppg coming from the center postion, they need high numbers in rebounding and blocks, which is what they get from the Damp/Diop tandem.

Learning to shoot layups TiMavericks21's Avatar

HAHAHA you went through the trouble of probably going through 10, 15 pages just to bump this thread for the purpose of rubbing it in Tmac fans face.

Well, honestly, Dirk was already better than Tmac last year before this season started, so why do it now?

Don't even get me started on their respective careers, one guy couldn't get out of the first round and has been on three or four lottery teams while another has had several playoff runs with totally different supporting casts. Now I'll admit, Dirk has had more help and talent, but to do it so many years and come up huge like he did in the playoffs last year, that puts him above Tmac.

(and to people bringing up Dirk choking in the finals, please stop being ignorant, the guy played pantheon ball all playoffs and was still pretty good in the finals, he just wasn't as good as DWade, that doesn't = "choking". )

I'm also no fan of Dirk, considering I laugh at Mavs fans who put him on Duncan level, but hey, facts are facts, Dirk has been better than Tmac since last year already, and their careers ain't even close, you're talking about one career filled with playoff runs and a possible ring down the line vs a guy who's best playoff moment was dunking on Shawn Bradley.
    I'm not a moron homer who says that Dirk is easily better than Duncan, because as much as I hate him, I still think Duncan is probably the best PF to ever play the game. However, I don't see how you can laugh when people say he's on Duncan's level. Yes, Duncan has 3 rings, so I am not putting the Mavericks on the Spurs level. However, it is wrong to say Dirk's not on Duncan's level.