Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: pistons getting drumond!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Sure, he may not work out, but I am excited to see how he will develop.
    Drummond's fine.. but I was really hoping Barnes would fall to them..

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Woot woot im going N.O and detroit next year unless N.O doesnt match eric gordon

yayyy... i want ben gordon back tho. y couldn't we trde charlie v instead!!!

So does Drummond start from day one? Or will Maxiell keep the spot until Drummond "earns" it.

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    So does Drummond start from day one? Or will Maxiell keep the spot until Drummond "earns" it.
    He should start from day one and develop alongside Monroe
    Its not like they are gonna make the playoffs anyway

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Do not judge this guy off his last season at UCONN. He has a skillset far more advanced than people are giving him credit for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXB6v...feature=relmfu
    He is playing against high school kids who aren't nearly as physically mature as himself. If his skillset was as developed as you let on, he wouldn't have been the 4th scoring option on his team last year.

Drummond is just another athletic big with zero fundamentals. He's riding the "Could he be the next Dwight Howard?" wave. Simple as that. Right now people are reading way too much into his potential and too little in the likelihood he busts.

He's a project for sure but one that could have a huge upside.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Hope they don't do some lame shit like splitting minutes kill CV and trade Maxiell to get those boys minutes.

The Pistons have built an excellent young core with Stuckey, Monroe, Knight, Jerebko, and now Drummond.

Local High School Star

Monroe is more of a PF type player so thy shoul be able to co-exsist.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    He should start from day one and develop alongside Monroe
    Its not like they are gonna make the playoffs anyway
    I'm not sure I'd so readily count them out. My motto on the current Pistons since the end of the season has been, "After a 4-20 start, they finished 21-21." They played .500 ball once the team began to gel. From there, we'd have to account for the (hopefully) continued improvement of our youngsters, namely Brandon Knight, Greg Monroe, and Jonas Jerebko, and perhaps some sort of new presence from the rookie big man who apparently is still close to being a high schooler.

I think the potential is definitely there for Pistons to make the playoffs. The were horrible to start last season, but had once they started to gel they had some nice stretches in there where they looked like a respectable team. The guard situation is finally settled, Knight and Stuckey are the guys and there will be no attitudes about it. I think that will make this the most cohesive Piston's season since Billups got shipped out.

[QUOTE=Fiasco]He is playing against high school kids who aren't nearly as physically mature as himself. If his skillset was as developed as you let on, he wouldn't have been the 4th scoring option on his team last year.

Drummond is just another athletic big with zero fundamentals. He's riding the "Could he be the next Dwight Howard?" wave. Simple as that. Right now people are reading way too much into his potential and too little in the likelihood he busts.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Drummond was the most criticized and scrutinized player leading up to the draft last night..Its actually crazy that he slipped to the 9th pick.
    He is already better than DeAndre Jordan and there is no telling how much better he can get if he actually learns how to play basketball. I don't think he is as much of a risk as has been advertised. Sure, watching every UConn game this year, i have a lot of concerns (horrible free throw shooting, out of position when he is supposed to help on d, low and slow release on his jumpshot, etc) but the notion that he is a risk to be out of the league in a few years is simply not true. Great pick by Detroit.

NBA Superstar

A small part of me is just excited about the premise of gaining a pretty athletic guy in Detroit. We could use some more highlights in order to build a little bit of excitement and maybe draw some more folks back out to the arena. As well as Stuckey, Monroe, and Knight played last year, they weren't always conducive to making the highlight reels. I mean, the 3rd Piston result for Brandon Knight on YouTube is a clip of him knocking over a tub of Gatorade:

On the flip side, it also could be argued that the Pistons best highlight of the season was Greg Monroe's steal at the rookie game (4th result on Greg Monroe YouTube search and is still actually kind of awesome):

So yeah, I'm hoping Drummond's skill comes around and he's an asset in that regard, but I'm also hoping for some increased excitement as he grows.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 06-29-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Oh god I was so pumped. Leading up to the draft I was terrified and completely bummed at the prospects of Leonard or Henson that I turned it after I bled some blue with the first two picks. I turn it back twenty minutes later and I see Drummond crying and NO On The Clock rolling on the ticker. I leaped up from the couch and yelped for joy.