Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast
    Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Well, first three rounds last year I saw his step up pretty good. He saved a game each series. And the fact that he playoff averages are better than his regular season averages have to count for something.

And no, he doesn't have any rings. That's a fact that can't be sugar coated.

Karl Malone and John Stockton.

Good chance I am crazy. Or maybe just getting senile. But I do still think he can get it done.

But you are right about "next year". And while I am getting tired of "next year", I'm not quite there yet. But it could be coming.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

No one is saying Dirk sucks. He doesn't. He's one of the best players in the game during the regular season.

But once the playoffs start, the Dirk we saw in the regular season is no more. And if he does show up, it's only a matter of time until he chokes, and chokes BIG TIME.

Dirks a mental headcase. He has the skills to be the GOAT, but his weak mental state on the big stage prevents him from ever being anything else but a post-season chump.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    I wouldn't write him off either. He's too good of a player. I don't mind fans sticking up for him. Just, doing so blindly, or out of fandom, is a joke. For as much as his unusual style is an advantage, it's also a disadvantage. When a guy like Stephen Jackson, or James Posey, or Bruce Bowen can throw a seven footer off of his game, there's something wrong, or at the least, not-right. I question his "mental toughness". But hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? When the Mavs choked in the Finals last year, I said that they would learn from the experience, and I'm still sticking to it, only this time it's the first round exit to talk about... I know there's level headed Mavericks fans on this board. It's unfortunate, though, that guys like Primetime and Fabcasablancas overshadow them. They just post so much, and with such rigidity, it gets annoying. That's not to say there's no fans like that for every team though. Just the Mavs fans are so Marc Cuban-ish in their peskiness.
    don't put me on that level...I have been praying for a KG for Dirk trade ever since the Mavs lost to GS...

I was just wondering if Dirk is still considered a top 5 player in this league...

I also don't beleive that Dirk is the sole reason GS won that series....he could have averaged 30/15 and the Warriors still would have won....they shot lights out...the entire Mavs team is to blame including Avery, but people like you blindly point thier finger at Dirk.

by the way, who the fu-ck are you to judge me or any other Mavs fan here? If we have faith in our guy then let it be, we don't need you to tell us who we should or should stand behind.

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    No one is saying Dirk sucks. He doesn't. He's one of the best players in the game during the regular season.

But once the playoffs start, the Dirk we saw in the regular season is no more. And if he does show up, it's only a matter of time until he chokes, and chokes BIG TIME.

Dirks a mental headcase. He has the skills to be the GOAT, but his weak mental state on the big stage prevents him from ever being anything else but a post-season chump.
    Based on his last two playoff series, those are accurate statements. But the one thing that gives me some hope, and I'm sure there will be those that laugh. But when I see him with the German national team, he is all those things we wish he would be on the Mavs. Demanding the ball, being aggressive, leading his team. So I know it could be in him. Why he can't/doesn't do it with the Mavs? I wish I had an answer.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye

whoooaaa there buddy...

Dirk had one horrible series against GS just like every player on the team did. He was great in last year's playoffs until the Finals and he didn't exactly choke in that series either...this is what he had to deal with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk

You really need to get off the "Phantom Fouls" and "The Mavericks weren't allowed to play defense that series" crap. It's getting old.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    You really need to get off the "Phantom Fouls" and "The Mavericks weren't allowed to play defense that series" crap. It's getting old.
    t-mac himself said he thought the series looked rigged...

I won't pretend the series was fair, because it wasn't.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-

We all agree that the series wasn't really fair but you go on about it too much.

If they make free throws, it wouldn't have come to that.

That series was plenty f*cking fair. The refs suck for everyone, not just the goddamn Mavs.

My point being stop bringing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    That series was plenty f*cking fair. The refs suck for everyone, not just the goddamn Mavs.
    Be careful, Cuban might sue you.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    My point being stop bringing that up.
    my answer being no.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    Be careful, Cuban might sue you.
    :

my answer being no.
    So you really are running out of arguments. That happened a year ago. GET OVER IT. The Mavs lost, Wade owned Dirk, and whether he got those 5 or so fouls he got or not, the outcome still would have been the same. The Miami Heat still would have been the NBA Champions of the National Basketball Association. Wade simply outplayed Dirk and won. Get over it and look at the future. Dirk lost, period. Shut up about the phanton calls - it's pissing me off. You're going on about something that happened a year ago. You want someone to go in a time chamber and go back in time and make the refs better? Sorry, that's impossible.

Until someone does invent a time machine, get over it.