Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Gta 5 Announced!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I remember the first time you could drive in between Los Santos and San Fiero and check out some of the stuff in between the cities, it was an awesome feeling.
    Precisely. That was spectacular. The contrasting environments were glorious (from the ghetto to Hollywood to a forest to country to corn fields to mountains to Las Vegas to the desert to Area 51 to the Hover Dam). It was all great.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I cant think of many things San Andreas had over GTA 4. Think about the beefs and complaints for a second. If I miss any, feel free to add.

Bigger map, customize car, fight gangs for territory, parachute, soundtrack.
    Buying property, tanks, airplanes, bikes, good clothing customisation, leveling skills, dual-wielding, swimming underwater, gambling, alot of mini-games/side missions removed, stealth killing, way less weapons, less vechile types.

That's just off the top of my head....

But it's not like I hate the game or anything, it was a good game. Just as far as GTA's go it was a huge letdown for myself and many others.
    I got 100% complete in around 50hrs game play from memory. It took well over 100 hours to do that on 3, VC and SA.
    GTA's never had high end graphics before GTA 4, what they had was the very best content, and that's what made the series so good.
    Last edited by Walker; 10-25-2011 at 10:42 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease ClutchBucketz's Avatar

Worst thing about GTA 4 was "Ay Cousin!, want to go out for some bowling?!?" every 5 minutes.

Home of the 16

I cant think of many things San Andreas had over GTA 4. Think about the beefs and complaints for a second. If I miss any, feel free to add.

You can have access to parachutes if you have ballad of gay tony.

Home of the 16

GTA 4 was good for me.. before all the patches came..
    They didnt fix any shit! all they did was down-grade the F***** game!
    They took out the "Car Turns Off" Feature.. mannn, When they took that out.. I was mad pissed! Cuz you know,... It felt realistic to me...

I wanna see a combination between San Andreas and Vice City...

CUZ WHEN I THINK OF VICE CITY, I IMAGINE NEON COLORS..
    AND WHEN I IMAGINE NEON COLORS, IT GIVES ME THAT CLASSIC FEELING..
    And I wish, they would let us edit our character too though....
    -------------

The really thing that I want is back is the AIRPLANE!!! **** HELICOPTERS RIGHT NOW! I WANNA ACT LIKE I A PILOT! :) And I hope they'll add Boeing :)

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    You can have access to parachutes if you have ballad of gay tony.
    Not GTA 4, which is what we are discussing.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchBucketz
    Worst thing about GTA 4 was "Ay Cousin!, want to go out for some bowling?!?" every 5 minutes.

I agree. Maintaining the relationships was by far the worst part of that game. It was sort of neat at first, but to be penalized because I turned down a phone call from some character when I'm in the middle of a high speed chase. Even side missions they'd call during.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I agree. Maintaining the relationships was by far the worst part of that game. It was sort of neat at first, but to be penalized because I turned down a phone call from some character when I'm in the middle of a high speed chase. Even side missions they'd call during.
    I loaded up GTA 4 yesterday to jump on multiplayer. As the game loads the first thing that happened? My phone ringning. I sat there and laughed. That definately was an annoying part of the game. I wanted to throw the phone off a bridge.

College superstar

What else? Seems a bit silly that these options which are minor to say the least have some people thinking GTA 4 didnt top San Andreas.

GTA 4 killed San Andreas to me. And San Andreas was really what made me get into my ps2. I had one and rarely even played it but decided to check this game out. It was great...fot its time. But just like RDR topped GTA 4? So did GTA 4 with San Andreas. And really you want that to be the case. Learn from your former game.

I never put as much time into GTA 4 than I have any video game I ever had. Not counting the growing up to teenage days of course. Thats just story mode + 2 DLC which was pretty good (Ballad of Gay Tony easily the best). We wont even get into multiplayer. I bet there are people right now playing in Free Mode. Numerous lobbies. I bet there are people trying to level up playing Hangmans Noose. Does this argument mean its a case closed GTa 4 was classic because you can find gamers still on it today? No, but it makes you ask yourself what is it about GTA 4 that has people still playing it. It dropped in Spring 2008. Its 2011, with 2 months to hit 2012. Are you kidding me?

Maybe the criticism is that its not the perfect game and the nitpicking is showing that. I'll buy that. But I just dont see how this game lacks being a classic. I dont see how its not near great. I guess people were really caught up inthe gang bangin, yo homeboy break yo self fool stuff San Andreas brought. Its like I listen to gangsta music, I see it on tv but now I get to be apart of it to a degree. I know I'm offbase but it just feels like for some people that really is the case.
    Interesting points GOBB. I think San Andreas was a hip hop kids wet dream. It played up to pop culture references better than any other GTA game in the series.

GTA 4 was gritty. Its main character was an eastern european immigrant. Trying to find his way in a new country in search of that elusive "American" dream. While it's a better story it's a serious sequel to follow up from a popcorn flick of a game like San Andreas.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

well its just an add on for the same game...

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    well its just an add on for the same game...
    An add on that dropped a year later. Most of the GTA 4 complaining revolves around the main game. Not add ons.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease ClutchBucketz's Avatar

I loaded up GTA 4 yesterday to jump on multiplayer. As the game loads the first thing that happened? My phone ringning. I sat there and laughed. That definately was an annoying part of the game. I wanted to throw the phone off a bridge.
    Haha good to see i wasn't the only one.

Anyway onto the whole GTA 4 subject i think perhaps it was too realistic for me, and having to put cheats into a phone annoyed me aswell. I enjoyed san andreas because it felt like the era it was built around, and it was something that i could play without having to think a whole lot. You could drive around shoot some guys, run from the cops and then when you'd had enough you could get rid of them with a cheat.

I think having achievements to get also drew away from the storyline a little which probably didn't help. Just a lot of little things that kept the game from drawing me in like the previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    Interesting points GOBB. I think San Andreas was a hip hop kids wet dream. It played up to pop culture references better than any other GTA game in the series.

GTA 4 was gritty. Its main character was an eastern european immigrant. Trying to find his way in a new country in search of that elusive "American" dream. While it's a better story it's a serious sequel to follow up from a popcorn flick of a game like San Andreas.

I think the cultural stuff is the wet dream in general. San Andreas was that 90s hip hop culture. Vice City captured the excessive 80s culture. It ties into soundtrack, allows for broadly stroked jokes, paradies of characters.

And I think that was the biggest mistake IV made, not tieing itself to a culture. The soundtrack even was a problem because of it. But it also forced it to lose some of it's humor. Otherwise the game is spectacular.

I just hope they get back to a cultrural parady of some kind.

Here's an article full of rumors from Game Informer. I will say that based on the cast of characters rumor from a previous casting call, it sounds like DC is a distinct possibility. Activists and Liberal Conspiracy Theorists.

[QUOTE]Quote:
    There have been no shortage of rumors regarding a potential follow-up to Rockstar's critically acclaimed GTA IV, but today the developer officially announced the sequel on its website. It's time to take a look at the various rumors that have been swirling around the project for the past year and judge how likely they are to come to fruition.

Rumor #1: A Colorful Cast
    The GTA series has always been known for its outrageous cast of characters, and we're sure GTA V will be no different. However a casting call for voice actors from earlier in the year provided a little more information about who we might see in the next game. Although the casting call didn't name GTA V specifically, one of the characters (a "man-boy love activist" named James Pedeaston) was featured on an in-game website in GTA IV. The same casting call details other characters that may end up in GTA V, including a liberal conspiracy theorist, a pre-teen boy advocating his right to drink alcohol and have sex, and a young female "obsessed with sex parties."

Another casting call for a game codenamed Rush is also believed to be for GTA V, though the evidence is less concrete. This list of characters includes an FBI agent caught between rival mafia families, a monk/cult leader/yoga teacher, a "neurotic soccer mom," and a "weed evangelist," among many others.

Likelihood: Probable
    Not only is there solid evidence of at least the first casting call being true, but both lists of characters fit with the hallmark of Rockstar's writing: biting, politically-charged, and hilarious satire of life in America.

Rumor #2: Team Bondi Tech
    This summer Team Bondi's Brendan McNamara stated in an interview that Rockstar might use MotionScan, the ground-breaking facial animation used in L.A. Noire, in GTA V. McNamara also stated Rockstar was "more than welcome to use MotionScan" for the project, suggesting that Team Bondi is open to another partnership, despite problems that arose during the development of L.A. Noire.

Likelihood: Poor
    Not only did the original quote sound like wishful thinking on McNamara's part, but Team Bondi has faced no shortage of turmoil since the original story, including reports of the developer owing more than $1 million in unpaid wages to its employees, and news from earlier this month that the company is shutting down. There's no word yet as to what will happen to Team Bondi's MotionScan, but even if Rockstar did buy the tech in the liquidation of the company's assets, we doubt the studio will use it in GTA V.

Rumor #3: GTA V Goes Overseas
    Various rumors on the internet have suggested that the next GTA will take place in an overseas location, with London and Tokyo being the top possibilities.

Likelihood: Fat Chance
    At least not for GTA V. All of the rumors of the newly announced sequel taking place in an overseas location read more like wishful thinking than actual reporting. Additionally, Entertainment Weekly's recent interview with Dan Houser makes the possibility sound even more unlikely. When asked about another international edition of GTA, Houser had this to say: "We go backwards and forwards on it. There are very interesting crime stories and other stories you can tell about anyplace in the world. Whether that would work with Grand Theft Auto

Home of the 16

yes for GTA 4.. Check out the cheat codes for ballad of gay Tony.