Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Hello guys.
    Since there is no NBA and it probably won't start any time soon I'm open to new sports.

I have watched most of European sports and none of them is as interesting as the NBA.I follow Euroleague basketball and Champions league(soccer) but that's only few games a week.

To get to the point-I want to watch some American sports.
    Which one do you recommend and which teams should I watch ?

I know football is very popular,hockey also seems interesting and I've never watched baseball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Hello guys.
    Since there is no NBA and it probably won't start any time soon I'm open to new sports.

I have watched most of European sports and none of them is as interesting as the NBA.I follow Euroleague basketball and Champions league(soccer) but that's only few games a week.

To get to the point-I want to watch some American sports.
    Which one do you recommend and which teams should I watch ?

I know football is very popular,hockey also seems interesting and I've never watched baseball.
    Football is a good sport and it is because it is a collision sport. The only downside with football is that its only on pretty much twice and sometimes three times a week. It is mainly on Sunday's though so watching football is an event more than anything.

Hockey is also a very good sport to watch and it is very underrated. It is simply because there was a lockout in the '04-'05 season which killed a lot of its popularity and media hype. NHL use to be on ESPN but after the lockout they are now on Versus instead. They are still on NBC though for National television. Hockey is a much better sport to watch in person though

Baseball? Well there won't be any baseball coming up soon since the season just ended about a month ago and next season won't start until late March, but I certainly don't recommend it unless you go to the ball-parks and watch it on live and in person. This is a sport where its only fun to watch in person and it has little to no value watching it on TV. Football and Hockey are sports that you want to watch live as well but it is still a great sport to watch on TV as well. I can't say the same for baseball.

I recommend....

1. Football
    2. Hockey
    3. Baseball

in that order. Hockey is a sport you can watch almost everyday though so maybe that'll be the best sport to watch, not to mention hockey/NHL is going on right now and the season has already begun.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPerceive
    Football is a good sport and it is because it is a collision sport. The only downside with football is that its only on pretty much twice and sometimes three times a week. It is mainly on Sunday's though so watching football is an event more than anything.

Hockey is also a very good sport to watch and it is very underrated. It is simply because there was a lockout in the '04-'05 season which killed a lot of its popularity and media hype. NHL use to be on ESPN but after the lockout they are now on Versus instead. They are still on NBC though for National television. Hockey is a much better sport to watch in person though

Baseball? Well there won't be any baseball coming up soon since the season just ended about a month ago and next season won't start until late March, but I certainly don't recommend it unless you go to the ball-parks and watch it on live and in person. This is a sport where its only fun to watch in person and it has little to no value watching it on TV. Football and Hockey are sports that you want to watch live as well but it is still a great sport to watch on TV as well. I can't say the same for baseball.

I recommend....

1. Football
    2. Hockey
    3. Baseball

in that order. Hockey is a sport you can watch almost everyday though so maybe that'll be the best sport to watch, not to mention hockey/NHL is going on right now and the season has already begun.

Thanks.
    Can you tell me which clubs should I watch ?
    I guess you will recommend me Giants/Jets and Rangers/Islanders (who the **** are those Islanders ?).
    Any specific rivalries or something to pay attention to ?
    I see hockey games are pretty late in my country,just like the NBA games but football games are in the best time possible (on Sunday from 7 to 11 PM).
    Last edited by Clutch; 11-17-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Banned

Can you tell me which clubs should I watch ?
    For the NFL, I would recommend teams like the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Baltimore Ravens.

I am not too sure about the NHL, I have limited knowledge on that so you might want to ask someone else about that, but I guess the Rangers would be a good choice. Boston Bruins, Vancouver Canucks, Washington Capitals, and Chicago Blackhawks are also good teams to follow.

Any specific rivalries or something to pay attention to ?
    Not sure about the NHL, but for the NFL these are great rivalries

New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys
    Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears
    Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens

These are divisional rivals, they have more meaning in the NFL than they do in the NBA.

But FYI, I just gave you a bunch of contenders. I wouldn't want you to cheer for some terrible team like the Colts without Peyton Manning or the Jacksonville Jaguars.

For the NFL, I would recommend teams like the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Baltimore Ravens.

I am not too sure about the NHL, I have limited knowledge on that so you might want to ask someone else about that, but I guess the Rangers would be a good choice. Boston Bruins, Vancouver Canucks, Washington Capitals, and Chicago Blackhawks are also good teams to follow.

Not sure about the NHL, but for the NFL these are great rivalries

New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys
    Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears
    Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens

These are divisional rivals, they have more meaning in the NFL than they do in the NBA.

But FYI, I just gave you a bunch of contenders. I wouldn't want you to cheer for some terrible team like the Colts without Peyton Manning or the Jacksonville Jaguars.
    Thank you so much.
    I cheer for the Knicks so I will watch some New York area clubs first.

This Sunday I decided to watch one of these games:
    Bengals @ Raiders
    Titans @ Falcons

Both teams seems like mediocre/good teams (at least according to standings).

I hope I will find a quality stream.

Banned

Clutch, did you watch any NFL games this weekend? It sucks to be a New York football fan.

Clutch, did you watch any NFL games this weekend? It sucks to be a New York football fan.
    I watched San Diego Chargers @ Chicago Bears.I chose this game because it was on TV.
    First of all,sport doesn't seem bad at all.I don't think I will ever love it like basketball but it's good.
    Big problem is that I don't know most of the rules so it's a little bit difficult to follow it.
    I will try to learn the rules on the Internet and also by watching some games.

On Sunday I will watch another game,I hope I will learn some rules by then so that I can understand what happens a little bit better.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

I'm thankful for this great NBA season....oh wait.

back in business

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Hey Franchize where you at?

I know you just saw how hard Sanchez makes it to win a game for us.

He needs to study a QB book, dude is not good at all.

Cro dropping a simple fair catch, only for the next play to be a touchdown off him didn't make it no better.

At least we got the win.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Lol that was an ugly win.Sanchez played terrible and Schittyheimer called another terrible game.On the pick Sancez threw,there was only receiver who went past the line of scrimmage.You cant win games when you have a coach who runs plays with one option while pinned on your own goal line.After we lost to that virgin Tebow,I lost all faith in our season.Glad the Knicks will be back in action.May have to get the NBA package to watch them though =/

I think the Jets will still make the playoffs.

We should pass the Bengals since the have a tough stretch coming up, while we have no one left with a winning record.

But yeah Shotty need to go, and honestly unless Sanchez can run anything other than play action, I'd seriously try to find a QB to either light a fire under him, or take his spot.

Even with the offensive line given him protection yesterday, which I was completely shocked, Sanchez still overall looked like doo-doo.

You think Stevie Johnson will get fined for the "Plax shot himself dance"?.

Of course I like towards the end, when he missed a bunny himself.

Have you noticed that Knicks board was never so active like the past few days after the lockout ended ?

A little question for New Yorkers:
    Who is more popular,Giants or the Jets ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Have you noticed that Knicks board was never so active like the past few days after the lockout ended ?

A little question for New Yorkers:
    Who is more popular,Giants or the Jets ?
    The Jets are kinda like the Giants step child, but they both have huge NY fanbases.

But I can't stand the Giants for some odd reason.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Post Superbowl,I HATE Giants fans. You'd think they had some sort of dynasty. They have one SB based on one amazing play. I used to give them their props. I rooted hard for them in the playoffs. The sicken me though. They act like we haven't been the better team the last 2 years.

Knickscity,to answer your question, Stevie Johnson deserved to be fined. Im not just saying that as a Jets fan. It's one thing to taunt an opponents signature move, but Plax shot himself. Regardless of how stupid it was,he could have died. I believe Shawn Taylor died by being shot in the leg. Not to mention, the celebration didn't end there. He did the whole Jets plane crash thing after that. It was liek the celebration was never going to end. It was an entire scene in a movie. Guess he used up all his Jets taunts in that one play because he knew his bitch ass was gonna choke and not score again! lol Im just mad at Revis for having his one mediocre game against a fruit loop with a cheek piercing.