Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Default Re: Destiny (Bungie's new video game) early details:

The 10 year plan refers to the franchise. This is the first Destiny game in a series of 3/4/5. That's their plan, not release one game and support it for 10 years. That sounds like a terrible business model for a non-subscription game.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    It doesn't make you a fanboy.

Destiny is a good game, but it's not great. It was also supposed to be a revolutionary shooter. The most expensive game in history with Bungie wanting to support it for the next decade.

If a game is going to succeed for 10 years it's got to be outstanding. Bungie can't be serious if they think simply adding more planets will be enough. The majority of my PSN friends list are back on Battlefield 4. ****ing Battlefield 4!!!!!!
    Yeah, I finished the campaign just a couple hours ago (I thought I was at like the halfway point )...reminded me of Halo 2. It felt half finished.

I can see myself playing the multiplayer for a long long time. To me the mechanics, the guns, powers, etc etc. That was absolutely perfect. The best control scheme/power fit since they did Halo. I absolutely agree with the campaign complaints though. I can see the universe being worth 10 years, but they need writers, real writers. Not the shitty game writing they've had.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    The 10 year plan refers to the franchise. This is the first Destiny game in a series of 3/4/5. That's their plan, not release one game and support it for 10 years. That sounds like a terrible business model for a non-subscription game.
    That's what I mean though, they want to support Destiny like they did Halo for so many years. Destiny won't last that long if they don't change how you progress through the game.

Banned

I enjoy it, my only complaint is it is hard as fvck to get vanguard marks and crucible marks. Feels like I would have to play a lot of hours just to level up in either one of those, let alone both. Multiplayer is fun, but the story is kinda all over the place and hard to follow. Really hoping for some improvements in the upcoming releases they put out.

NBA lottery pick

I was really hoping this would be the game to convince me to get a next gen console, but I think I'll probably wait just a little while longer.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Alright, been playing a little more. My last 5 levels (5-10) have come all through multiplayer. I tried jumping back into the single player mode (which was the first moon mission) and I just can't get into it. Ended up getting distracted by one of those community events, or whatever, completed it, and then I quit back to multiplayer.

Some thoughts/questions:
    -Are you at a major disadvantage at a lower level in multiplayer? Because often I get one shot by random rifles and shotguns. Drives me nuts.
    -If I don't do the story, will I miss out on anything important loot-wise? I figure if everyone is doing the story, then you must not get anything too rare in there.
    -Does melee damage increase at a higher level? I'm used to melee = kill, so when I see someone close enough, I melee... But it only takes away 50-75% of the health and I don't have enough time to melee again or switch to my rifle. So basically: shooting > melee, always? I never win that battle between melee vs gun in close combat.
    -I always feel like there should be more people. I do a mission and maybe I see another person. I go to the tower to mess around and maybe there's 8 people there. There's just no feeling of a living and breathing world.
    -Really want chat.
    -Need more maps online and less map repeats. Earlier today I played the exact same map 4 straight times in the same room. Also feel like there should be one more game mode.
    -Are there no stats or leaderboards? Like where my k/d is, weapon stats, etc? I mean I'm getting my ass kicked, but I'm still curious.
    -I've come across some problems with bad spawn points and I feel like those vehicles on the one map that can use them are bit OP. The last time I played it, I jumped in the tank looking one and I didn't die for the rest of the map. It was at least 10 straight minutes. 12 kill streak tho.

Those are the main ones I can think of right now.

Oh, I thought of another one; I think this is a XBox One bug. If I let my console run with the game running, the console shuts off by itself. The problem is that there's no sound in the game when I turn it back on. There's sound in the dashboard, and what not. None in the game. The only way I fixed it was by pressing the xbox button while in the game, clicking on anything, and then going back. Weird and not too troublesome. Just whatever. Wish the console would allow me to leave it running.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 09-16-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Sunshine State

Level 27 but I can't even beat the lvl 26 Strike because my weapons are ass. My only gripe is they limit you to 100 vanguard marks a week but weapons cost 150, so I gotta wait 4 weeks because I need an Legendary auto rifle AND a legendary sniper rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Level 27 but I can't even beat the lvl 26 Strike because my weapons are ass. My only gripe is they limit you to 100 vanguard marks a week but weapons cost 150, so I gotta wait 4 weeks because I need an Legendary auto rifle AND a legendary sniper rifle.
    You not get an exotic weapon bounty after you reached level 2 in the crucible? Or is that ridiculously hard? I just got the bounty last night, and was gonna try and get the gun today.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious

Some thoughts/questions:
    -Are you at a major disadvantage at a lower level in multiplayer? Because often I get one shot by random rifles and shotguns. Drives me nuts.
    -If I don't do the story, will I miss out on anything important loot-wise? I figure if everyone is doing the story, then you must not get anything too rare in there.
    -Does melee damage increase at a higher level? I'm used to melee = kill, so when I see someone close enough, I melee... But it only takes away 50-75% of the health and I don't have enough time to melee again or switch to my rifle. So basically: shooting > melee, always? I never win that battle between melee vs gun in close combat.
    -I always feel like there should be more people. I do a mission and maybe I see another person. I go to the tower to mess around and maybe there's 8 people there. There's just no feeling of a living and breathing world.
    -Really want chat.
    -Need more maps online and less map repeats. Earlier today I played the exact same map 4 straight times in the same room. Also feel like there should be one more game mode.
    -Are there no stats or leaderboards? Like where my k/d is, weapon stats, etc? I mean I'm getting my ass kicked, but I'm still curious.
    -I've come across some problems with bad spawn points and I feel like those .
    No...and yes. The weapons are automatically balanced so no one weapon will be better than the others. However, the abilities of another player are where the low levels are getting their asses kicked (no offense, it seriously happens in every lobby) The abilities aren't balanced so that they only reactivate every 30 seconds or whatever. Instead its whenever they would naturally occur. Also titans have the most health, and are pretty OP when you're a low level. Shit I'm level 24 and some of them still kick my ass routinely. (note that when the Iron Banner releases next month there's no more weapon balancing)

Again no and yes. Most missions won't give you anything valuable. But, some missions will give you the blue armor you desperately need as a reward for beating it. And of course the random drops from enemies can be blue, or even rarely purple. The strikes will most of the time give you a blue piece of armor, occasionally its guaranteed but not always.

Yes, but to the best of my knowledge there's no one hit melee kill unless you come up behind someone. Usually you need to two piece to do it.

Typically I see tons of people in the tower, and often in the game. Not sure why you're not. Yeah a lot of people think there needs to be proximity chat. Often on PS4 if you start ****ing around and dancing with people on the tower, or playing with the ball that appears you'll get invited to a firesquad. Surprised its not the same on xbone. The maps thing is kind of an issue, I think Bungie did a hot fix for all the systems yesterday for that. There's 14 maps, but I feel like more often than not I play the same 6 or so over and over and over and...

And yeah the spawns sometimes are a bit screwy particularly on the moon map. I swear Sands of Time, rumble mode is the same shit as well. But no one I play with has that problem. Only time that map ****s me over spawn wise.

Sunshine State

I don't play in the crucible, I should though but I'm trying to prepare for the Vault of Glass.

Got too much homework to do

Really bummed out to hear that the writing is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Really bummed out to hear that the writing is bad.
    It's Bungie.

I don't play in the crucible, I should though but I'm trying to prepare for the Vault of Glass.

Ah I see I see. What system you playing on? My group of friends needs 1-2 more people for the raid.

I keep hearing about the Vault of Glass. I need to check it out. I'm stuck at level 20 though. I need more Light shit I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    It's Bungie.
    I know, I kind of expected it but was holding out hope. I think I should have stopped myself from getting my hopes up when people were starting to compare it to ME.

I just watched the seventh team to beat the Glass Vault do it on Twitch about 2-3 hours ago. Pretty cool, took them a little over an hour to complete it. Technically it was their second attempt, they started it last night I guess, but quit out. This game looks fun, I like the end game content.. I only have a PS3 not sure if it's worth grabbing on an old gen console. We'll see.