Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default #56 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Sam Jones was voted the #55 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops.

17.7 PPG | 4.9 RPG | 2.5 APG

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: #56 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

KD35

Banned

Vote - Kevin Durant

Durant had a batter career already over Reggie Miller? Oh man... i quit...

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Considering hes done everything that Reggie ever did on a court...and much more....and is ranked higher...and is flat out better at basketball...while Reggie won nothing he didnt....yes. Id rather my son have Durants career accomplishments even if I have to spread them out over 15 years. Good to know he would be one of the best in the world.

Dennis Johnson as well. Finals MVP....3 time champ....same all stars..all nba first team...9 time all D...led the Sonics and Suns to good records/playoff runs to prove it wasnt just being a Celtic that made him a winner. Had amazing finals games, game winning shots and multiple game winning defensive plays in the finals, and considered by Bird to be better than Mchale and Parish.

Id rather have that career.

Id also rather have Robert Parish....Jojo Whites....lot of guys.

I would rather have Reggies over a lot of guys better than him skills wise...guys like Pistol Pete...Chris Webber..Mitch..they exist. But I wouldnt take his career over like....3 Celtics who still arent in.

Shit id take Paul Westphals career. He was an all star just as many times, made more all NBA first teams than Reggie did third teams, made I think 2 finals one of them as a superstar, almost made like 5 most of them as a good to great player, and put up better numbers. But nobody knows who he is outside being a coach so he wont even make top 100. Didnt last time. Nobody even voted for him once. Its as if he played in the 30s but he was still a 22/5 player in low minutes with Bird and Magic in the league.

The fame is half the battle.

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Durant had a batter career already over Reggie Miller? Oh man... i quit...
    Yes, easily. Durant is a superstar, led the leauge in scoring 3 years in a row, 3 1st All NBA teams, and led his team to the Finals. Way more than Reggie could even dream of.

Vote for Durant.

Tiny Archibald

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I'll vote for Durant after Parish gets on the board.

I vote for Parish.

Now i have seen everything.... you know what? Lets just keep Reggie completely out of this.... with your logic why not? Everybody is better... Reggie was just a scrub 18 ppg averaging sceletor... that didnt do anything... meh.. just some clutch shot here and there.... overrated.... in only 5 years Durant accomplished a better legacy... he was 1st all-nba 3 times man and he is just a better talent, god damn.... i say god damnnnnnnn..... didnt play much, but he is a better talent, its enough to just lace up your shoes and just PLAY even one season and you already have a better legacy than Reggie if you are more talented..... my god thats much more impressive.....
    Last edited by pauk; 10-04-2012 at 12:33 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Now i have seen everything.... you know what? Lets just keep Reggie completely out of this.... with your logic why not? Everybody is better... Reggie was just a scrub 18 ppg averaging sceletor... that didnt do anything... meh.. just some clutch shot here and there.... overrated.... in only 5 years Durant accomplished a better legacy... he was 1st all-nba 3 times man and he is just a better talent, god damn.... i say god damnnnnnnn..... didnt play much, but he is a better talent, its enough to just lace up your shoes and just PLAY even one season and you already have a better legacy than Reggie if you are more talented..... my god thats much more impressive.....
    This, Reggie Miller for christ sake

College superstar

Repost:
    Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Not that I'm voting for him, but I'm still amazed at the fact that Jerry Lucas keeps getting absolutely no votes.

He is the only player not named Wilt or Pettit to have avg. 20ppg and 20rpg in a season. He did it twice. Pettit did it only once. While I don't particularly know that much about his reputation amongst his peers, his resume', on paper, is quite impressive. I do know that he was known as one of the best shooting forwards of the 60's.

1964 NBA Rookie of the Year
    1964-65 NBA All-Star Game MVP
    NBA champ (1973 Knicks)

7X All star
    3X NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2X NBA All-NBA (2nd)

Led league in fg% in 1964 (Edged out Wilt)
    Was a top 4 rebounder for most of his career. (Normally right behind Wilt and Russell)

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Kevin Durant didnt just....be more talented. He has...at like 25...already accomplished as much winning wise as Reggie and is flat out better in doing it. Shaq made the first top 50 voted on by his peers(other legends) having accomplished less than Durant has now. I wanna say he was never all nba first team(Hakeem and Drob in the way), never led in scoring(second I think), and was swept in the finals and made an ECF.

Durant is 96 Shaq. He doesnt need to do anything more to be top 50 or so. People are gonna keep bumping him up and the player hes been for years is gonna be the guy compared to the greats of the game.

He has little left to prove. And what he does have left...Reggie never did himself and never approached it while being the level of player he is. Durant>Reggie is gonna be so obvious even arguing otherwise might be ban worthy. And hes been good enough to say so for like...4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Considering hes done everything that Reggie ever did on a court...and much more....and is ranked higher...and is flat out better at basketball...while Reggie won nothing he didnt....yes. Id rather my son have Durants career accomplishments even if I have to spread them out over 15 years. Good to know he would be one of the best in the world.

Dennis Johnson as well. Finals MVP....3 time champ....same all stars..all nba first team...9 time all D...led the Sonics and Suns to good records/playoff runs to prove it wasnt just being a Celtic that made him a winner. Had amazing finals games, game winning shots and multiple game winning defensive plays in the finals, and considered by Bird to be better than Mchale and Parish.

Id rather have that career.

Id also rather have Robert Parish....Jojo Whites....lot of guys.

I would rather have Reggies over a lot of guys better than him skills wise...guys like Pistol Pete...Chris Webber..Mitch..they exist. But I wouldnt take his career over like....3 Celtics who still arent in.

Shit id take Paul Westphals career. He was an all star just as many times, made more all NBA first teams than Reggie did third teams, made I think 2 finals one of them as a superstar, almost made like 5 most of them as a good to great player, and put up better numbers. But nobody knows who he is outside being a coach so he wont even make top 100. Didnt last time. Nobody even voted for him once. Its as if he played in the 30s but he was still a 22/5 player in low minutes with Bird and Magic in the league.

The fame is half the battle.
    You seem to really have it out for Reggie Miller. I don't necessarily disagree with the content of your posts, but I do think you're still weighing peak too heavily in comparison with longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Kevin Durant didnt just....be more talented. He has...at like 25...already accomplished as much winning wise as Reggie
    Anything else 100% untrue you'd like to try and pass off as fact. You're hurting your own argument with hyperbole and distortion that thoughtful/intelligent fans can see through.

People here know you know your stuff, but it's not trolls or fan boys or even casual fans that are taking issue with your assessment of Reggie. People who agree with you on where he should be ranked are even telling you that you're going overboard.

Good High School Starter haji_d_robertas's Avatar

Kevin Durant