Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Concentration On Layups

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    Yea I think another aspect on finishing is using the other hand to protect the ball from getting blocked. I never did this before but I think it is necessary to learn.
    pay attention to the way that you protect some refs could call ofensive foul.

It's always best IMO to just flare that left elbow out and keep it high. Obviously if you extend it it's going to be called a foul... but keep it on the ball and just flare it out a bit... chances are good that they will make contact with that elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    It's always best IMO to just flare that left elbow out and keep it high. Obviously if you extend it it's going to be called a foul... but keep it on the ball and just flare it out a bit... chances are good that they will make contact with that elbow.
    I'm short but i can't remember to have been blocked. I make always tear drops like Tony Parker.

I've tried to shoot teardrops but I suck at it. I have never tried it in a game... but just practicing and it goes in like 1 out of 5 without a soul guarding me lol. It is a shot I want to have in my arsenal tho cus nobody is going to block it.

Underdog

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    @LeviJeans- lol you now use the over hand layup? Isn't it better to use under hand if you are going at high speeds? Can you show an example of how you do it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVtasoSNYCQ

I also use the teardrop lay up (jumpshot?) a lot.
    Last edited by LevisJeans; 01-16-2010 at 08:02 PM.

I normally use that baron davis layup like all the time. I also want to implement the tear drop into my game its quite a hard shot tho.

Yea what Vince did you could just pull up right there and shoot a little jumper... A Tony Parker like teardrop is probably a better example where you really got to flick it up high so a tall dude doesn't block it.

Yea come to think of it I can't imagine doing any other kind of layup than a little finger roll layup like that unless there is somebody there contesting... That's what feels most natural to me.