Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

Ok, I know you're tired of all the "LeBron vs Carmelo" threads, then what about "Wade vs Carmelo"? Since Carmelo fans think Carmelo is better than LeBron they will automatically think that Carmelo is better than Wade also, and Wade fans will have a lot to say about it. Personally I think Wade is a better player, what would you all say?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

I am a Carmelo fan and I don't think he is better than Lebron, so your first supposition is wrong.

As far as Carmelo vs Wade, I would say they are very very close, with perhaps Wade being slightly better. He was fortunate though to be able to play with a near prime Shaq and get that early ring. If Carmelo or Lebron got to play with Shaq back in 2005-6, either of them would have a ring too.

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

Not sure how anybody can think melo is better than wade

as a bball player melo
    as an athlete wade

tough one, i havent watched much of melo this year but i have a preference for him

NBA rookie of the year

Said it before the season started: Miami has the number one and number two best players in the league on the same. Number three is also in Florida.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Dwayne Wade is extremely underrated. Past few years, he's be right there with LeBron and Kobe but for some strange reason get's left beyond.

Answer is Dwayne Wade quite easily. Carmelo's been better for stretches, I recall him having a better start than Wade for like 14 games back in '09. Besides that I'm not even sure how it can be remotely close. Melo is more clutch and rebounds the ball better. More versatile scorer but Wade's not a slouch in that area. Not only has Wade surpassed what Melo's done scoring the ball the past few years, he's done it quite efficiently. Defensively? It's not much of a contest. Wade has the ability to control an offense and get other's involved at a much higher level than Melo can. Playoffs? Dwayne Wade, once again has been better in that area in terms of individual play.

It's really not even a question. Dwayne Wade the past few years has been an upper tier superstar. A guy that's actually had a legit case as the best player in the game as recent as '08. Carmelo has always been a second tier kinda player. You compare Dwayne to LeBron|Kobe|Prime CP3 a few years back|Dwight Howard. You compare Melo to Dirk|Durant|Deron and guy's like that.

IMO anyways. To sum it up you can look at what Melo did with scrubs against Boston, than look at what Dwayne Wade did with scrubs against Boston

Banned

Wade scores more on greater efficiency and the disparity in their defensive presence is laughable. The LeBron/Carmelo debate ended their sophmore years when LBJ showed he was a clearly much better player. There was never a reason for a Wade comparison due to the fact that Carmelo simply isn't in their tier of dominance on either end.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Dwayne Wade is extremely underrated. Past few years, he's be right there with LeBron and Kobe but for some strange reason get's left beyond.

Answer is Dwayne Wade quite easily. Carmelo's been better for stretches, I recall him having a better start than Wade for like 14 games back in '09. Besides that I'm not even sure how it can be remotely close. Melo is more clutch and rebounds the ball better. More versatile scorer but Wade's not a slouch in that area. Not only has Wade surpassed what Melo's done scoring the ball the past few years, he's done it quite efficiently. Defensively? It's not much of a contest. Wade has the ability to control an offense and get other's involved at a much higher level than Melo can. Playoffs? Dwayne Wade, once again has been better in that area in terms of individual play.

It's really not even a question. Dwayne Wade the past few years has been an upper tier superstar. A guy that's actually had a legit case as the best player in the game as recent as '08. Carmelo has always been a second tier kinda player. You compare Dwayne to LeBron|Kobe|Prime CP3 a few years back|Dwight Howard. You compare Melo to Dirk|Durant|Deron and guy's like that.

IMO anyways. To sum it up you can look at what Melo did with scrubs against Boston, than look at what Dwayne Wade did with scrubs against Boston
    Wade had better scrubs last year with Miami than Melo had this year with NY once Amar'e and Chauncey went down. Wade did 33/5.6/6.8. Melo this year did 26/10.3/3.1.

Wade gets this one in my opinion.

Defensively
    Defensively Wade is better.. one of the best wing defenders in the league. Best shotblocking SG as well and he also gets his amount of steals. Not just a star on offense.
    Melo is not known as a great defender. He can play some nice D from time to time, but overall his defense efforts are just average, especially compared to his great offensive game.
    Edge: Wade

Offense
    Melo has more range, a killer jumpshot and a nice set of moves. His 3pt shot is better than Wade's as well. Both players can get to the rim, but Wade has a slight edge in that department. Both are great scorers.. Wade has slightly better percentages, but that doesnt mean too much. Both guys can hit clutch shots as well.
    Both guys are wing players.. but Melo is a forward and Wade a Guard. Wade has the edge on offense in my opinion, because is better at setting up his teammates. Wade on the drive is dangerous because he is good at finding the open man. Melo is great on offense, but he can't run a team like Wade can. Not really a fair comparison really..
    Slight edge: Wade

Wade by a country mile.

High School Varsity 6th Man entropy35's Avatar

I like your posts. Easily one of the best posters on this board.

You need to also consider the situations they have played under. Wade was coached by Pat Riley. Carmelo has played under Karl for his whole career. Wade got to play with a still prime Shaq that finished second in MVP voting and was determined to show Kobe up. Carmelo had to play with a past prime Iverson who still wanted to dominate the ball.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Wade.

Next question.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

very good post imo. I would agree