Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

I can't wait til the next time they play the Kings, and him and Brad Miller get into fisticuffs over what's the best riding lawnmower.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Assuming Lebron said this....

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    No question? Yes, one: proof it to me. Whe are they higher in quality?
    come on dude...are you seriously going to tell me that a $15 starbury is better quality than a decent Nike?

when you buy the Lebron's they probably come with so many air pockets you can make a trampoline with them...

seriously though...I am sure they have much better ankle support, weight, grip, feel , ect...

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    so what does "constructed in the same way mean?" That's a really vague, and probably intentionally so, statement.
    yeah...

hey guess what a ferrarri and an accord are constructed the same way...

does that mean they are the same quality?

a Lexus and a mazda are made from the same materials and by the same people...does that make them the same car?

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    come on dude...are you seriously going to tell me that a $15 starbury is better quality than a decent Nike?

when you buy the Lebron's they probably come with so many air pockets you can make a trampoline with them...

seriously though...I am sure they have much better ankle support, weight, grip, feel , ect...
    Well you said 'no question'. I'd like to hear how that's a no question. Like it's no question Audi is >> Volkswagen and Volkswagen >>> Skoda, all while they're the same cars, some with some extras? It's not quality.

So yeah, please proofe to me how it's 'no question'...

-primetime-

Well you said 'no question'. I'd like to hear how that's a no question. Like it's no question Audi is >> Volkswagen and Volkswagen >>> Skoda, all while they're the same cars, some with some extras? It's not quality.

So yeah, please proofe to me how it's 'no question'...
    "prove"....that is twice you have asked me to proofe it to you...

what do you want a shoe customer review or something?

besides all the air pockets and money that went into designing them what more do you want?

yeah...

hey guess what a ferrarri and an accord are constructed the same way...

does that mean they are the same quality?

a Lexus and a mazda are made from the same materials and by the same people...does that make them the same car?
    no but a toyota or volvo could be considered better quality than a mercedes c or s class, which are both considered unreliable. and they're both way more expensive than most toyotas and volvos

besides all the air pockets and money that went into designing them what more do you want?

all thse air pocketts and kareem and some others played 18 years on the highest level without shox and special air units in the upper right toe area. i dont think the amount of air units really makes a shoe 'better quality', besids, air doesnt cost a thing.

plus, you assume. assume leaves quite some room for questions and doubt.

-primetime-

no but a toyota or volvo could be considered better quality than a mercedes c or s class, which are both considered unreliable. and they're both way more expensive than most toyotas and volvos
    huh?...

I own a mercedes S430...it is higher quality and has "proven" better preformance and a smoother ride than any toyota...

-primetime-

all thse air pocketts and kareem and some others played 18 years on the highest level without shox and special air units in the upper right toe area. i dont think the amount of air units really makes a shoe 'better quality', besids, air doesnt cost a thing.

plus, you assume. assume leaves quite some room for questions and doubt.
    air pocket placement and design cost them millions to create

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

this is kinda dumb...

If Marbury could trade his $15 sneakers for his own $100 million dollar Nike contract he would do it in a heartbeat...

If Nike owns Lebron then we are all owned...

I guess the real question is if Lebron said that with a straight face or a smile...and either way I still don't like the guy
    1st I don't think the would trade his sneakers for a contract from Nike
    sure money is great, but he doesn't mark his sneaker price up for a good reason

2nd Lebron just made a horrible comment, the shoes that are produced by Nike are not higher quality at all, I have friend who's parents owns factories in Asia, they are all the same material and labor just before putting on the logo

3rd I can live with Lebron having to protect Nike, but still he doesn't need to try to bring to "quality" and "price" into the subject, because they are irrelevant.

And yes, the way he said either if it was kidding or serious would matter,
    but still, some guy who is trying to call out others for having a less expensive shoes.
    All the starbury kid is gonna be made fun of tomorrow in school
    Bad Example

God

-primetime-, you are retarded. All these shoes are made overseas for the minimalist of wages. Thet are made exactly the same, but with different design. I'm sure it cost somewhere around $10 to make Starbury's or Lebron's. I'd like to see you're sources to prove that the Nike's are higher quality in some way.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

You do know that for years, Nike has been HIGHLY suspected of being involved in the free trade system in which they spend less than $5 to buy and manufacture each shoe. The price of the shoe doesn't represent the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
    -primetime-, you are retarded. All these shoes are made overseas for the minimalist of wages. Thet are made exactly the same, but with different design. I'm sure it cost somewhere around $10 to make Starbury's or Lebron's. I'd like to see you're sources to prove that the Nike's are higher quality in some way.
    He is only making assumptions so far. Either way what Lebron said was wrong, no need to put it that way. I am sure Lebron's shoes are better, barely, but no where near 135$ better. More like 10$.

Banned

air pocket placement and design cost them millions to create
    and they are made back easily. Most of the shoe technologies dont get any better. Shoes arent noticably better than they were 10 years ago. Most of the technologies are basically the same.

I get my Nike's for free but I know they are usually crappy in terms of quality. Every1 on my team goes through at least 2 pairs every bball season of 130-150 dollar shoes. Sorry but thats not quality.

The funny thing about Bron is that i believe that he is prob ignorant to why people wouldnt like Nike as a company. He just doesnt seem very inteligent or in touch with major issues. For someone who wants so much he does little to better himself in order to achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Free
    You do know that for years, Nike has been HIGHLY suspected of being involved in the free trade system in which they spend less than $5 to buy and manufacture each shoe. The price of the shoe doesn't represent the quality.
    Which is why someone brought up the fact that some shoes were cut open to see the difference.