Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: First Jeremy Lin and now this.....

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    i guess he's insinuating that asian men are encroaching on black territory?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMOZRk74QrY

Dated this asian girl my junior year in high school. I'm black, and her parents absolutely hated me before getting to know me. Tried meeting them so many times, but they weren't having it. I thought it was just because they didn't want their daughter dating. She finally told me it's because they didn't want her dating a black guy. Didn't realize the race issue was that bad till I went through it.

i guess he's insinuating that asian men are encroaching on black territory?

p.s. I know asian guys in Houston who have dated or are dating black girls. what's the big deal?
    You going to any of the all star weekend festivities?

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Dated this asian girl my junior year in high school. I'm black, and her parents absolutely hated me before getting to know me. Tried meeting them so many times, but they weren't having it. I thought it was just because they didn't want their daughter dating. She finally told me it's because they didn't want her dating a black guy. Didn't realize the race issue was that bad till I went through it.
    not gonna lie, there are plenty of old school asian parents who feel this way, same as an old school white person would. it's not just a black thing though, alot don't even want their kids dating outside their own culture (japanese, korean, chinese, vietnames, etc) even if the other person was an asian themselves. thankfully, that generation is dieing out, and their kids are much more enlightened.

p.s. i remember my first year at UT, I made friends with a bunch of Koreans and we were drinking one night and one of them says "btw, we don't care that you are vietnamese...we aren't like that." I had never hung around Koreans before that and had no idea what he was talking about until he explained to me that in his culture, alot of Koreans think every other race/culture is inferior..but that is an older generation mentality.
    Last edited by rezznor; 02-15-2013 at 01:11 PM.

You going to any of the all star weekend festivities?
    yeah, I'll probably go to Roak, Belvedere, maybe Nox or some of my other usual haunts. my friend just had dinner with the President of Rice University and Yao was the guest of honor...lucky bastard.

yeah, I'll probably go to Roak, Belvedere, maybe Nox or some of my other usual haunts. my friend just had dinner with the President of Rice University and Yao was the guest of honor...lucky bastard.
    That's cool. Have fun. Lol and post some pics if you can.

not gonna lie, there are plenty of old school asian parents who feel this way, same as an old school white person would. it's not just a black thing though, alot don't even want their kids dating outside their own culture (japanese, korean, chinese, vietnames, etc) even if the other person was an asian themselves. thankfully, that generation is dieing out, and their kids are much more enlightened.

p.s. i remember my first year at UT, I made friends with a bunch of Koreans and we were drinking one night and one of them says "btw, we don't care that you are vietnamese...we aren't like that." I had never hung around Koreans before that and had no idea what he was talking about until he explained to me that in his culture, alot of Koreans think every other race/culture is inferior..but that is an older generation mentality.
    Yeah, I don't see it as a big issue anymore. However, I still rarely see asian and black couples. Could be because I live in Kansas. I'm sure there's a lot more in states like California and Texas.

Yeah, I don't see it as a big issue anymore. However, I still rarely see asian and black couples. Could be because I live in Kansas. I'm sure there's a lot more in states like California and Texas.
    in my experience many of the asians in Kansas are a bit FOBish so i would imagine they keep more to themselves.

You should go the The Drake tonight.

College star

So what's the slang term? blasian? or aslack?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    You should go the The Drake tonight.
    haven't been to Drake in years. never liked it too much, even when it was poppin.

oh yeah, hughes hanger should be good too especially with this awesome weather we are having.

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    So what's the slang term? blasian? or aslack?

i've seen Blasian used alot. there's actually quite a few Black/vietnamese kids as a result of the Vietnam war.

Real talk...

blasian's are hella good at sports/smart as ***....

- I rememeber living on a Airforce base in JR High.....and there were a bunch of Blasian's ( from thier dads bieng in the military and knockin up a bunch of asian women)

- They could hoop, play football and Dance dey azz's off on top of bieng great at School/math....Mufak'as were all around elite people.

haven't been to Drake in years. never liked it too much, even when it was poppin.

oh yeah, hughes hanger should be good too especially with this awesome weather we are having.
    never been to Belveder or Nox. Nas is supposed to be at Belveder tonight.

I made a Houston All-Star event thread. I posted a site that list all the parties this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    never been to Belveder or Nox. Nas is supposed to be at Belveder tonight.

I made a Houston All-Star event thread. I posted a site that list all the parties this weekend.
    Belvedere is "latino night" on thursdays, "black night" on fridays, and "asian night" on saturdays. it's a lounge, not a club.

Nox is more of a club, but I prefer Roak. Much hotter girls there.