Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

He did not have 1 the year after they won it and they will have 1 this year= 1 in 2 years.
    read my statement. Eric Gordon hasn't graduate yet so his class has not passed by. Secondly, I am not sure if Weber will get someone from this year's class.

Thirdly, it is quite known that Weber is not looking for the best players, but the right players. While that might sound cheesy and a cop out answer, any way you put it, its the way he operates.

Learning to shoot layups shawnkempslovechild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    read my statement. Eric Gordon hasn't graduate yet so his class has not passed by. Secondly, I am not sure if Weber will get someone from this year's class.

Thirdly, it is quite known that Weber is not looking for the best players, but the right players. While that might sound cheesy and a cop out answer, any way you put it, its the way he operates.
    I think a school like Illinois should expect more. but if your ok with that so am I.

Decent playground baller ThaKing's Avatar

You guys can bash Self all you want, whatever helps you sleep at night. I like watching the guys he has brought to Kansas. We are one of the most exciting teams in the country. Self left for a better program and a better oppurtunity. Our bench could beat Weber and the clowns he's putting out there this year.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Make it past the first round first.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

Do anything when not having a run for the ages with a fluke recruiting class. Whatever you say, it cannot make up for the fact that Illinois has recruited **** for 2 years counting. You'd expect to get some talent after a near championship run the way Illinois had. But nada. Can you spell mid-major?

Do anything when not having a run for the ages with a fluke recruiting class. Whatever you say, it cannot make up for the fact that Illinois has recruited **** for 2 years counting. You'd expect to get some talent after a near championship run the way Illinois had. But nada. Can you spell mid-major?
    After a near championship run I don't expect anything but to be competitive and in the running each year. I don't want to be like Kansas getting high ranked recruit after recruit but going no where with the talent. Weber so far has kept us a reputable school program and on the national ranking. Mid-major would apply to like St. Joe's who had a perfect season but hasn't done anything afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    After a near championship run I don't expect anything but to be competitive and in the running each year. I don't want to be like Kansas getting high ranked recruit after recruit but going no where with the talent. Weber so far has kept us a reputable school program and on the national ranking. Mid-major would apply to like St. Joe's who had a perfect season but hasn't done anything afterwards.
    It's been two years. Two. Its not like this happens every year. Before these last two season we went to three Elite 8's in a row and a Final Four. If i were you i would be more worried about making the tournament than losing in the first round. Your not going to convince me that Illinois's program is better off than Kansas. I wish you guys could come up with something better than "get out of the first round....." Thats so original.....

It's been two years. Two. Its not like this happens every year. Before these last two season we went to three Elite 8's in a row and a Final Four. If i were you i would be more worried about making the tournament than losing in the first round. Your not going to convince me that Illinois's program is better off than Kansas. I wish you guys could come up with something better than "get out of the first round....." Thats so original.....
    You mean with Roy Williams? Yeah, he's a good coach, a person I hope Weber aspires to be with. As for Self, well.. his track record is all too evident. For your two years its been only three years with Weber, if you haven't noticed. And as for your hinting that Illinois fans are trite, all you guys have come up with is that we can't recruit. As if that is original.

Self took us to the Elite 8 his first year at Kansas with Roy williams players. The year after that we lost to Bucknell again with all of Roys guys. Last year we were all Freshmen and Sophomore's and we won the Big 12 title. Then lost to Bradley. Now Self has the players he recruited, with a little experience under their belt. I'm sure your point about us losing in the first round will be irrelevant after this year. Self is a good basketball coach. He took Tulsa and Oral Roberts to Sweet 16's. All Weber has done is go to 1 national championship game with the studs Bill Self left him.( Dee, Deron, Luther, etc.)

By the way, recruiting isn't your only problem. But it will continue to be your biggest problem as long as Weber is there.
    Last edited by ThaKing; 10-23-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Self took us to the Elite 8 his first year at Kansas with Roy williams players. The year after that we lost to Bucknell again with all of Roys guys. Last year we were all Freshmen and Sophomore's and we won the Big 12 title. Then lost to Bradley. Now Self has the players he recruited, with a little experience under their belt. I'm sure your point about us losing in the first round will be irrelevant after this year. Self is a good basketball coach. He took Tulsa and Oral Roberts to Sweet 16's. All Weber has done is go to 1 national championship game with the studs Bill Self left him.( Dee, Deron, Luther, etc.)
    fluff.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) -- Illinois guard Rich McBride was suspended Monday for the first four regular season games following his arrest last month for driving under the influence.

He will continue to practice with the team and be involved in counseling and community service, coach Bruce Weber said in a statement. McBride is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 30 on charges of DUI and improper traffic lane usage.

"We are disappointed in Rich's decision making, but most importantly, it's important that we help Rich," Weber said. "This has been a difficult but very valuable life lesson for Rich, as well as his teammates, to learn."

McBride, a starter who averaged 10 points last season, helped the Illini finish second in the Big Ten and advance to the second round of the NCAA tournament.

He will sit out a team scrimmage this week and two exhibition games, and could play for the first time Nov. 21 against Savannah State.

He was arrested Sept. 29 near Champaign.

"I'm just trying to move forward from this," McBride said Monday. "It's a terrible situation I've put myself in, and I apologize for it to my family, to the university, and I'm just looking to move on and focus on the season."

Weber said McBride would have to be diligent in all areas after getting another chance.

"He's got to stay straight right now and just take care of business," Weber said. "That means school-wise, basketball-wise and everything else. You can only get in a hole so many times and still get out."

As a freshman in 2003, McBride also missed the first four games of the season. The Illinois athletic department never officially specified a reason for that suspension, but said McBride and former teammates Aaron Spears and Luther Head had violated team rules. That incident came after a burglary case in which the three basketball players were implicated but never charged.

4 games isn't bad, especially since it's at the beginning of the season.

From what I have read today Derrick Rose has changed his mind slightly and will now take a visit to Illinois. If you land him you guys will forget all about Eric Gordon. I pray for you and your university's sake that you land Rose. He could isntantly make you guys contenders for at least the sweet 16. Plus I have Memphis which is where many people think he will end up. Good Luck Illini fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    From what I have read today Derrick Rose has changed his mind slightly and will now take a visit to Illinois. If you land him you guys will forget all about Eric Gordon. I pray for you and your university's sake that you land Rose. He could isntantly make you guys contenders for at least the sweet 16. Plus I have Memphis which is where many people think he will end up. Good Luck Illini fans.
    Finally, a nice comment from you. Sounds good, and I hope we do get him but I highly doubt we get anywhere close to landing rose.

I'm not trying to start trouble Ive just been keeping you guys posted on the Gordon saga. I feel your pain, today we lost out on Kyle Singler. That kid chose Duke, so now i hate him.

Learning to shoot layups shawnkempslovechild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    I'm not trying to start trouble Ive just been keeping you guys posted on the Gordon saga. I feel your pain, today we lost out on Kyle Singler. That kid chose Duke, so now i hate him.
    Hate to nit-pick but he was never yours to lose, he was always going to duke. But still feel free to hate him, he is going to duke.